Monday, January 30, 2017

Dinner Plans This Week: Monday 1/30 through Sunday 2/5


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...



MONDAY:  Zucchini cakes and Balsamic Pork Scaloppini
  • From the freezer: pork chops
  • From the pantry: vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, diced pimentos
  • From the fridge: zucchini, eggs, homemade bread crumbs
  • Need to harvest: nothing 
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY: Whipped Carrots and Parsnips and Tuna Patties
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  tuna cans, breadcrumbs, vegetable oil, nutmeg, salt & pepper
  • From the fridge: carrots, parsnips, eggs, block of cheese, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: shred the cheese
  • Need to buy:  nothing

WEDNESDAY: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham in Crockpot with Naan
Recipe from Crockpot Classics, p 43
  • From the freezer:  wedges of naan bread
  • From the pantry: potatoes, can of mushroom soup
  • From the fridge: Ham steak, shredded cheese
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **crockpot recipe**
  • Need to buy: nothing

THURSDAY: Barilla Pronto Spaghetti with Pesto, Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes, and Grilled Chicken Breasts
  • From the freezer: chicken breasts, green beans
  • From the pantry: Barilla Pronto Spaghetti
  • From the fridge: grape tomatoes, Barilla pesto sauce
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  Shredded Parmesan cheese

FRIDAY:   Hearty Brown Lentil Soup with Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
  • From the freezer: diced celery, cilantro
  • From the pantry: brown lentils, sea salt, potatoes, bay leaf, dried thyme, onion, EVOO, cumin, lemon juice, pepper, bread
  • From the fridge: minced garlic, chicken stock, ham, American cheese slices
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **needs to cook for over an hour** ** Rub the ribs with the spice mix and let rest overnight in fridge**
  • Need to buy: carrots

SATURDAY: Spice-Rubbed Ribs in Crockpot and Baked Beans
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: can of baked beans, bottle of beer, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, dehydrated onion, chili powder, brown sugar, Kosher salt, Cayenne pepper, black pepper, white pepper, vegetable oil
  • From the fridge: spare ribs
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **crockpot recipe**
  • Need to buy: nothing

SUNDAY: Turkey Burgers and Chips, Side Salad
  • From the freezer: ground turkey
  • From the pantry:  nothing, homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • From the fridge: hamburger buns, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese slices, condiments
  • Need to harvest: lettuce
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: potato chips
What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Please set an extra place at your dinner table on Saturday for me! That spice rubbed ribs dish sounds delicious! Do you cook it in the beer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the rib recipe I have said to use Stubbs Pork Marinade but I know that the last time I made them, I had found some type of copycat recipe for it that, unfortunately, I don't seem to have printed or bookmarked and now I can't find it anywhere. So this time I found the rub copycat recipe and it sounds very good to me so I'll try it. It'll be interesting to see how it all tastes with the beer. Yes I cook the ribs in the beer and I might need to use more than one bottle since there won't be any marinade to add to the crockpot... I might need to make something else for the kids, though.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you organize your plan by listing what you have from the freezer and pantry and what you need to buy. I do the same thing but not in such a neat format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's really helped me be more frugal because I try to use up all the ingredients that I have in the fridge and that might go bad. I used to write a menu while consulting the sales flyers and then shop FOR the menu. That wasn't being frugal. Now I first look at what I have and THEN make a menu and adjust for the ingredients that I actually have on hand. Sometimes I have to buy something because I can't substitute for anything else (like carrots this week because I'm almost out) but most of the time, I can make do with what I have :)

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!