- On Sunday I had to throw away a Dole Mixations fruit cup that (once again!) had spoiled in my pantry. I was super angry about it too. I'm not buying those anymore and I recommend that you don't either. Ditto on Monday, grrr.
- On Saturday, my son and I each had leftovers for lunch. Mine had been in the fridge for a week and a half so I was happy to be able to use them up!
|On the left, Chinese Pork Roast that I had cooked on 1/3!|
- On Sunday, I saved 2 large baking potatoes that were going soft from the composting bin by using them in my Easy Beef Stew in the crockpot, which ended up being absolutely delicious!
- On Tuesday, I cut up the cantaloupe that had ripened on the kitchen table, and that was threatening to get soft, into chunks and stored them in a Pyrex container in the fridge.
- We ate all the leftovers, yay!
- I finished the open container of caviar and the small toasts that were left from Christmas by having it a little bit for lunch over several days.
- I used chicken bones from the breasts I cooked on Wednesday along with some saved in the freezer with frozen veggies from my garden that we weren't going to eat (green pepper and eggplant mix) to make chicken stock in the crockpot on Thursday.
- My last 2 hard-boiled eggs smelled a little sulfur-y on Thursday so I had them as egg salad for lunch.
I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.
This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girl, who started blogging about her food waste back in 2008.