- I had to throw away about half a loaf of the Blueberry Oatmeal Glazed Bread that I had baked. No one but me ate it and it had started to take the taste of the metallic pan since I had left it in there. Yuck.
- I also had to throw away 2 tomatoes from my garden that had spoiled.
- Last Friday I baked Blueberry Oatmeal bread and used up 2 cups of sour milk, along with finishing a jar of unsweetened applesauce that was threatening to go bad.
- I made a salad with a wrinkly piece of cucumber and wrinkled grape tomatoes as well.
- I remembered to put the papayas in the fridge as soon as they were done ripening and before they spoiled!
- We ate all the leftovers!
I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.
This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girl, who started blogging about her food waste back in 2008.