I don't understand why my Princess has a big scar from her surgery when they went through my belly button when I got my tubes tied and I don't have a scar at all...
I don't understand why the two boys had their balls removed and they don't have stitches.
I don't understand why the vet's instructions are that they are not to jump, or run, or play rough, and yet the boys... are jumping, running, and playing rough... less than 24 hours after surgery.
I don't understand why the vet's office doesn't fit the females with the cone collars anymore and thinks that it's going to be possible for us to keep Princess from licking/biting her stitches over the next fourteen days!
I'm a little cranky this morning due to PMS and I didn't sleep very well, but the boy kittens are back to normal so that's great news. Truth be told, they were back to normal by 11 p.m. last night but not so for my little Princess who is still not feeling great. Not much of an appetite, and moving more gingerly.
I had to interrupt this paragraph to stop Explorer from wrestling with her and chasing after her. I took her upstairs, gave her food and water and hoped she would stay quietly in my bedroom so she could get some rest apart from the boys. But no... she somehow (she can still crawl under the door because she knows how to move the heavy draft stopper aside!) escaped and she's back downstairs, dodging the boys. Sigh. It's going to be a long 14 days, ya'll.
No plans today save staying home and trying to keep Princess from undoing her stitches. I need to get back on my diet but I have Chinese food leftovers and even though it's crappy food, I get hungry just typing those words. It's only 9:40 a.m. and I could eat my leftovers right now even though I just had breakfast!
Alright, if you insist, here is my To Do List for today/the week... this is the last week in January so my last chance to accomplish as much of the tasks that I had said I'd try to accomplish this month.
TO DO LIST
- Submit neutering/spaying paperwork to county for rebate - DONE
- Do the last 2 days' dishes - DONE
- Collect trash and take bin down to the curb - DONE
- Read details of Diabetic Exchange program
- Filter water for the cats and kittens (LR, Upstairs, Kitchen) DONE
- Go to Publix after dropping off Youngest Son - DONE
- Do my foot exercises 2X
- Finish putting away Christmas decorations
- Take USB stick to library and ask Teen librarian to put photos of Youngest Son on it
- Renew library books - DONE
- Greg and I need to assign the IRA contributions to specific funds - Emailed Customer Service to find out how to do this as there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way... grrr. I need Greg to help me with actually doing the transactions because I don't want to mess up anything!
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Replace fridge water filter
- Finish decluttering under window seat in Exercise Room (on Thursday)
- Move missing Music files from External Drive to my Laptop
- Move/reinstall missing software on new laptop
- Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
- Clean litter box upstairs
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Fill up jugs with rainwater
- Fold laundry DONE
- Put all the laundry away
- Take Driscoll's surveys DONE
- Take RaceTrac surveys DONE
- Make lemon poppyseed muffins or/and lemon squares with the "grapefruits"!
- Pick the oranges
- Zest the oranges and freeze
- Move fonts from old laptop and reinstall on new laptop
- Take my measurements
- Sign up for Personal Capital?
- Email my French BFF
- Start French blog for my mom and sister?
- Inventory what I need to make new self-watering bins
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Prune the rose bushes
- Declutter exercise room shelves
- Write to my great-aunt
- Mend at least one item from mending basket
- Open savings account with Discover Bank
- Research Florida Prepaid College Fund to see if can increase the contribution
- Finish entering receipts into spreadsheets DONE
- Finalize shopping list DONE
- The kittens' appetite was healthy last night. I fed them small amounts throughout the night and no one threw up.
- Explorer came to sleep with me and purred almost the entire time, yay!
- I was able to administer the kittens' medicines. It'll be harder tonight as now they know what's involved...
- Youngest Son packed a lunch for school.
- Greg only ate half his dinner on purpose last night so he could have leftovers for lunch so that's what I packed him.
- School drop-off went well and was pretty swift.
- I stopped by Publix right after that to pick up the items that I said I'd get this week. I charged my OOP to Amex for 3% back in Rewards. I got:
- two 4-packs of Activia Dannon Light Peach yogurts, on BOGO at $2.50 and I used a $1.00/2 digital coupon, which made each cup 19 cents.
- two 4-oz packages of Vita smoked salmon, on BOGO at $7.99 and I froze them for our Christmas 2017 buffet.
- I added 1/2 a gallon of water to 1/2 a gallon of whole milk to stretch it and used some in my cereal and coffee.
- I ran a full load of dishes (dishes from the last 2 days).
- I submitted the necessary documents to get $150 back from our county on the cost of the spaying/neutering operations for the kittens.
- The WiFi All-in-One HP printer wasn't scanning to my HP laptop (grrr...) so I researched a solution online and found their tutorial on such an issue. I redownloaded the full set of drivers from their site and, although it took a while to fix the issue and I had to download more bloatware from HP, I was able to scan to my laptop again. Progress!
- I was able to take 2 surveys on Swagbucks early in the morning and have already met and exceeded my 2nd Daily Goal for the day :)
- It's another cool but sunny morning here, it should remain in the 70s for the rest of the week. Yes, I have the AC off (it was off last night too!) and almost all of the windows open.
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards credits.
- Electronics were not my friends today as, after I reinstalled the printer drivers, my external drive connection software stopped working! So I couldn't access any of my files on that drive and my automatic back-up wasn't working. I found instructions on how to create a bootable disc with the installation file (since the installation disk that I have isn't compatible with Windows 10!) but... I couldn't find any of my blank CD discs because I think that I gave them all to Middle Son a couple of months back. Aaaargh. My daughter came to tell me she was driving to her college class and offered to go to Staples since she has a long break in between classes, so I gave her my Staples Rewards card. Right after she left, I found a link that I had bookmarked with the download page for the Windows 8-compatible software, which I had used back in December when I got my new laptop. So I redownloaded the software, reinstalled it, and now everything works. So I don't know if this was a Windows 10 or an HP problem, but I'm really sick of my stuff not working all the time since I've moved to Windows 10. At the same time... when I go to my old laptop now, it's incredible how very very VERY slow Windows 7 is. It takes forever to do anything on that laptop although I never felt that way while I was using it! So I guess Windows 10 is an improvement? I just get so frustrated with it. I think a small update might have gotten installed that messed up my printer and my external drive. I wonder what else will prove to be "messed up"!
- The Kellogg's Family Rewards site was working today so I was able to participate in the sweeps and enter a bonus code worth 100 KFR points: TIST-HESE-ASON-4PTS
- I had my Chinese food leftovers for lunch. Way too much sodium and calories but today's been frustrating so far so it's comfort food for me :)
- I entered my weight into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 20 more BR points.
- There's a new recall on HP Laptop batteries so I checked mine and it's not included. Phew!
- My daughter just texted me that she found coupons for Panda Express at the main office of her State College. She loves Panda Express so she'll definitely be using them.
- I wish I weren't on a diet (although I took a break these last 2 days!) and Greg and I had something to celebrate because Carraba's just sent me the offer below AND we have a Carraba's gift card to boot!
- I took the Subway survey with the receipt from my daughter's dinner last night and obtained a survey reward code for a free cookie.
- I took two RaceTrac receipts and earned survey reward codes for 2 new freebies :)
- And finally I took 2 Driscoll's surveys and earned two $0.75/1 coupons that I will print in about a month (they'll have a 30-day from then expiration date). I'm now only 2 surveys away from the Gold Level when I will start earning $1.00/1 coupons.
- I recalculated when our mortgage will be paid off, based on what we are paying now. I will recalculate again if Greg gets a bonus in June and if we apply part or all of it to our principal. As of right now, if we stay the course, we'll be paid off in exactly 2 years :) I use this online calculator.
- I checked my Google Play account and I had a new coupon for 50% off any TV Show season. The coupon expires in April. So I uploaded it to my account. I'm planning on buying Season 2 of "The Jim Gaffigan Show", although I guess I should watch Season 1 first to make sure it's worth it :)
- I had put a library e-book on hold via Overdrive and they just notified me that it was available and that they had checked it out to me automatically. I suppose I should read it! It's "In a Dark, Dark Wood" by Ruth Ware.
- I surfed the web this afternoon instead of being more productive. I had the over-the-air TV on so I was able to half listen to episodes of Murder, She Wrote, Seinfeld, etc. I wish I had remembered to see if L&O: CI was on this morning at 10 a.m. again. In the meantime, I was able to keep an eye on the kittens since two of them (the boys) were taking an extended nap on the futon next to me.
- It finally got too cool for me and I closed the windows at 5 p.m. We won't need to turn on the AC tonight, yay!
- I checked the mail and I had a New Year's card from my great aunt! She turns 90 this year.
- Youngest Son helped me administer tonight's medicine dose to the kittens because they hate it and they were fighting me very badly. It's going to get harder every day, too, because soon they'll start running away from me as soon as I approach them!
- After dinner, Greg showed me how to use the brokerage firm site. but I was too tired to think clearly about what mutual fund I might be interested in so I'll have to look at it on Thursday.
- to take Youngest Son to school
- and tolls for Greg's commute
- for my daughter and BFF to go to their college class
- I looked for the MobiSave logo on packages of Oreos at Publix since there is supposedly an offer to get a package for free. I couldn't find any. However, now that I'm looking more closely at the offer, I don't see how I could redeem it without having an offer for Oreos in my line-up and I don't have one so I'm not going to worry about it anymore!
- Publix was out of the Tabañero hot sauce for which I have 2 free coupons :(
- Got an email that Coca Cola is phasing out MyCokeRewards and will introduce a new program. You all know that I hate change so, in my mind, that can't be good :( The video they link to doesn't explain anything apart from the fact that we "won't need to collect points anymore" because we'll be rewarded "instantaneously." So I'm guessing either a reward will be printed on the cap (Good luck with that!) so you'll have to link your store cards to their brand (like KFR) or something like that. Which means that I'll never get any points anymore because I rarely buy Coke products. And a new program like that won't entice me to purchase more...
- I should have tried harder to forget about those chocolates that Greg and the kids gave me at Christmas and that I put away because I remembered them and there's a bag of Godiva truffles calling my name. How does it know my naaaaaaaame?!
- My daughter lost my Staples Rewards card. And... I lost it. Seriously. I'm so over her carelessness these days: the car tires, the bike, and now my Rewards card. Yes, I was able to print a new one from the Staples Rewards website. But that's not the point. She also carries one of my credit cards. Is she going to lose that too? Ugh. Grrr. and all the other expletives I can think of.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Groceries: $9.49 (Publix)
- Tolls: $25 (our Amex was billed by Sunpass for Greg's replenishment)
- I was able to request a 3-pack sample of Twinings tea thanks to CouponPro.
- I was able to request the following free samples thanks to a Slickdeals post (I didn't try the ones that I don't need/won't use):
- a free Seeds of Change product
- a free dry deodorant (I picked Degree for Women)
- a free pads/liner assortment from UbyKotex
- Monitored the kittens at night
- Administered their medicines
- Fed the kittens
- Prepped Greg's breakfast
- Packed his lunch
- Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
- Drove Son to school
- Stopped by Publix for grocery shopping
- Started the dishwasher
- Collected trash and took bin down to the curb
- Dragged heavy branch down to the curb
- Stretched milk
- Researched scanning problem
- Reinstalled printer drivers
- Scanned documents
- Submitted rebate and documents to county
- Worked on my reward programs
- Rescanned and resubmitted a document to the county
- Had to reinstall my external drive software
- Tried to figure out how to assign our IRA "cash" to actual mutual funds
- Sent email to brokerage firm Customer Service
- Replied to blog comments and commented on blogs
- Entered receipts into various spreadsheets
- Took Customer Satisfaction surveys
- Brought the trash bin back up the driveway
- Folded the laundry
- Gave medicine to the kittens
- Cooked dinner
- Unloaded, reloaded and started the dishwasher
- Took 3 bins of recyclables down to the curb
- Sleep was interrupted a lot and uneasy.
- Breakfast was a cup of Special K Vanilla Almonds, and coffee
- Lunch was Chinese leftovers
- Afternoon snack was chocolate truffles
- Dinner was mushroom pork, white rice and sautéed zucchini
- Water consumption was not very good.
- Exercise was skipped tonight, I'm too tired. I'm falling asleep as I'm typing this at 8 p.m.!
- Foot exercises were performed.
- That I set up a reminder in my Google Calendar to fill out the paperwork for the rebate on spaying/neutering with a link to the instructions, because I would have completely forgotten about it!
- That the kittens are doing very well.
- For caring readers who left encouraging and happy comments about the kittens yesterday and today!
|Explorer taking a nap|
|Explorer trying to wake up Tabby Kitty from his nap... that didn't work, even though he tried repeatedly!|
|Princess, keeping her distances from the boys :)|