Monday, January 9, 2017

This Week's Dinner Plans: Monday 1/09 through Sunday 1/15, 2017


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...

It was cold when I designed this menu on Sunday afternoon so it features a lot of soups and hearty crockpot meals, completely disregarding the fact that we will be back in the 80s in the 2nd part of the week here in Florida!


MONDAY:  Simmered Split Pea Soup in Crockpot and Naan Bread
* Recipe from "5 Ingredients or Less! Dump Meals", page 36
  • From the freezer: bacon, chicken broth, naan bread
  • From the pantry: dried split peas, onion, pepper, thyme, bay leaf
  • From the fridge: carrots
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  ** crockpot recipe**, need to precook the bacon
  • Need to buy:  nothing

TUESDAY: Turkey Lasagna and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: nothing
  • From the fridge: Turkey lasagna leftovers, grape tomatoes, cucumber, homemade salad dressing
  • Need to harvest: Lettuce
  • Need to make in advance:  nothing
  • Need to buy:  nothing

WEDNESDAY: Pork Soup with Soba Noodles and Cabbage, served with Naan bread
* Recipe from "Crockpot Hearty Soups, Stews & Chilies", p 40
I'm replacing soba noodles with rice noodles since that's what I have in my pantry, and bok choy with cabbage since boy choy isn't readily available at Aldi and I have cabbage in my freezer
  • From the freezer: cabbage, naan bread
  • From the pantry: hoisin sauce, sugar, Chinese five-spice powder, EVOO, soy sauce, rice noodles
  • From the fridge: pork loin roast, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken, ginger paste, minced garlic
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **crockpot meal**
  • Need to buy: nothing

THURSDAY: Spicy Black Bean Soup and Grilled Pepperoni & Cheese Sandwiches
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: cans of black beans and corn, can of Rotel tomatoes, cumin, red pepper flakes, bay leaf
  • From the fridge: onion, minced garlic, Better Than Bouillon, bread, American cheese slices, pepperoni slices
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  Make the soup in the morning
  • Need to buy: nothing

FRIDAY: Grilled Chipotle Chicken Sausages with Mac'n Cheese and Biscuits
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  box of Deluxe Mac'n Cheese
  • From the fridge: chipotle chicken sausages, can of biscuits
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  **Defrost round bottom beef and mashed potato pucks for tomorrow**
  • Need to buy: nothing

SATURDAY:  Easy Beef Stew with Potato Rolls
* Recipe from "5 Ingredients or Less! Dump Meals", p 46
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  potatoes, carrots, onion, 2 cans tomato sauce, salt & pepper
  • From the fridge: Bottom round beef
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  Make potato rolls in the morning.
  • Need to buy: nothing

SUNDAY:  Burgers and Pan Fried Potatoes O' Brien
  • From the freezer: Ground beef, potatoes O'Brien
  • From the pantry: hamburger buns
  • From the fridge: condiments, cheese slices
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love how all your meals are from the freezer and pantry! I, too, am trying to eat from the freezer and pantry, this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta make some more room for all the good deals coming our way in the Spring, right, Bless?

      Delete
  2. Haha It's going to be in the 70's here but ooh, it's still chilly right now! Definitely a good night for soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup! I could have it every day and it feels like this week it's pretty much all we'll eat!

      As a side note, I don't know how I missed that you had a blog too but I just realized it, lol. I peaked and saw a picture of your daughter and she's a cutie pie! I'll come pay you a longer visit one of these nights when I'm biking!

      Delete
  3. I love soup too, can you tell? I try to have some homemade soup in the fridge so I can indulge any time I want it.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!