Happy Sunday. It's a happy one for me because... drum roll... I've lost 2 lbs this past week! Without really dieting or drinking or logging my calories... or exercising?! Hmmm, maybe I'm just very dehydrated. I don't care, I was so happy to see that number on the scale because I thought that maybe I'd be 2 lbs heavier, you know?!
So it was a good way to start my Sunday at 5:30 a.m. Another great way to start my Sunday was that the kittens actually let me sleep in until 7:30 a.m. and I'm the one who woke them up at that time, too! Explorer and Princess had settled themselves each on one of my shoulders when I went back to bed after my 5:30 a.m. bathroom visit/weigh-in and actually protested when I got up and I thought "well, now you know how it feels every morning when you're trying to get me up at 4 or 5 a.m.!" but they dutifully came downstairs and had breakfast, enjoyed the open windows for a bit, and then Explorer climbed right back up on my chest and shoulder as I was reading the news on my laptop and cuddled for a bit. I love kitten cuddles so I was happy :)
The weather right now, at 9:35 a.m. is very overcast, but our high should reach 80F/26.6C. As I mentioned, I have the windows open and I can hear birdies calling from atop the trees. This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count so I think I'll sit in the backyard later on today and see if I can identify any visiting birds. There was a cat in our backyard this morning so I didn't bother sitting out there. Plus it was kind of wet because it drizzled yesterday afternoon so I didn't feel like wiping down all the furniture before sitting down.
Greg went out of town for a few hours, to visit someone. My plans for today include going to see "The LEGO Batman Movie" with Youngest Son in the theater. I know, neither he nor I actually enjoy going to the theater but I wanted to have a date with him and I thought we'd both enjoy the movie. It's not frugal but who said dates had to be, right? Then I'll take him out to lunch. He loves chicken and a Zaxby's opened up in Clermont a few months ago, so I thought we'd go there. I've never eaten there. But when I told him that last night, he was strangely resistant to the idea because... he doesn't like their logo. What?! Greg and I were still chuckling about that this morning. Fifteen year old boys are strange birds, aren't they? I think we'll still go... it'll give him something to complain to me about for the next few years until he becomes a regular person and realizes that it was silly and tells the story to his own kids :)
As always, I'm posting my To Do List but I probably won't do much about it. It's the weekend, woohoo!
TO DO LIST
Write a menu for the weekDONE
- Record bird sightings for Great Backyard Bird Count
- Cut up the pork loin into roasts and freeze
Go on a date with Youngest SonDONE
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift (Greg on Monday)
- Update French blog
- Sweep Cat Room
- Sweep breezeway
- Sweep exercise room
Make my bedDONE Print couponsDONE Clip couponsDONE Sort couponsDONE Upload digital couponsDONE
- Turn bread heels into bread crumbs
Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE Input weight into WHBRHCDONE
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)
Do last night's dishesDONE
- Fold the laundry (as I watch "Spy in the Wild")
- Put the laundry away
- Clean fridge - cleaned the bottom shelf, cleaned the "main" shelf
- Sweep the downstairs bathroom
- Vacuum the upstairs bedrooms
- Sweep/vacuum the main stairwell
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son (after pediatrician apt)
- Download all January pictures from my phone and camera to external drive
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
Do my foot exercisesDONE
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
- Give USB drive to Teen librarian to put photos of Youngest Son on it
- Move missing Music files from External Drive to my Laptop
- Move/reinstall missing software on new laptop in progress, moved all the files to the External Drive
- Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
- Back-up my phone
- Reset phone to factory settings
- Upgrade to newer iOS
Clean upstairs litter boxDONE
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Read new issue of Kiplinger's in progress
- Wash kitchen windows
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Reorganize the gardening supplies area in breezeway
- Purge file cabinet in progress (through "credit cards")
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Move fonts from external drive and reinstall on new laptop
- Take my measurements
- Look into transplanting hyacinths in garden - Moved them outside since Explorer has started to jump on mantelpiece :(
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
Try to hit my 1st Daily Goal on SwagbucksDONE
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Sit down with my daughter and show her how to file her taxes
- Start on our tax return
- Schedule an outing to P.E.A.R. Park and ask them about the trees from my backyard
Input receipts in my spreadsheetsDONE
- We didn't turn on the AC last night and might not need it today either as it's very overcast. I have the windows open.
- I lost 2 lbs! Woohoo!
- The kittens let me sleep in until I was ready to get up.
- My mom emailed me that, despite some hiccups (she's not good with technology!), she was finally able to access my French blog :)
- The paper was delivered (last Thursday's paper never showed up but I didn't really care since there aren't any coupons in it and I never read it!) although the only coupon insert today, due to the holiday, was the latest Publix store coupon brochure.
- Lowe's sent me a message saying that if I shopped there or online over the next few days, I would receive a coupon for $10 off $50 my next purchase next week. I guess they're trying to be like Kohl's? I don't need anything from Lowe's so I won't partake, but if you don't get their emails and your store is included in the offer, you might want to check it out.
- I saved the inner bag from my box of Rice Krispies to reuse as a freezer bag.
- My 1st Swagbucks daily goal is 75 SB today. The videos that I don't mind playing just dried up and I've only earned 35 SB. We'll see if I can qualify for any surveys.
- I recorded my weight into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned another 20 BR points.
- I printed a few coupons via Swagbucks.
- Stretched the milk by adding 1/2 gallon of water to 1/2 gallon of whole milk.
- Filtered water for the cats in our thrifted Brita pitcher.
- I reused a newspaper plastic sleeve to gather the contents of the upstairs litter box and dispose of them.
- I got my son a snack and a drink at the movie theater but nothing for myself. I chewed gum, ate peanut butter crackers that I found in my purse and also strawberry Altoids that my daughter had given me for Christmas.
- My son and I refilled our cups at Zaxby's before leaving the restaurant so we got a little more out of our money.
- We were passing CVS so we stopped and I did my shopping for the week so I don't have to go back there on Wednesday. I got a gallon of milk (on sale at $2.79) and a dozen eggs (on sale for 99 cents). I redeemed a $1.00 ECB and paid for the $2.78 OOP with the CVS gift card that I had earned via USAA Visa, so it was all free to me :) Plus I redeemed a MobiSave rebate for $0.10 off the eggs when I got home, so it was a MONEYMAKER. Woo!
- On the way home, we also stopped by RaceTrac and I redeemed a survey reward code to get my daughter a free medium-size fountain drink (lemonade).
- I wrote my menu for this upcoming week and planned on using up several things that are in my fridge right now.
- I attempted several Swagbucks surveys and was finally able to qualify for one that paid 65 SB. I met my 2nd daily goal. They also credited me with 17SB for a Shop & Earn activity last month.
- For dinner I cooked cheeseburgers for Greg and the kids and served baked beans on the side. Myself, I had the rest of the Mock Zuppa Toscana soup, an egg salad sandwich and half a papaya.
- and tolls for Greg to drive out of town for the day and back
- for my son and I go to on our date and back
- Two movie tickets for my date with my son.
- Popcorn and a bottle of water for my son at the movies.
- Electricity: my daughter was hot so we closed the windows and turned the AC back on at 3:45 p.m.
- I signed up for the Zaxby's clubs (email and text) to get the free chicken sandwich coupon so I could use it at lunch today, but when I got the confirmation it said they would MAIL me the coupon in 6 weeks. Whaaaat?! What's the point of having an email and texting club, then? I might unsubscribe if our lunch experience isn't good.
- I should have tried to eat healthy at Zaxby's (they do serve grilled chicken sandwiches and also salads) but I was really hungry and ... didn't. I did have a caffeine free diet Coke though, instead of the sweet tea that I was eyeing.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Theater: $16.50 (2 movie tickets) and $9.75 (a small popcorn and a bottle of water)
- Zaxby: $14.53 (lunch with my son)
- BP: $44.75 (gas for the truck)
- I should get a coupon for a free chicken sandwich from Zaxby's in 6 weeks
- A gallon of milk and a dozen eggs from CVS, after sales, redemption of ECB and using a gift card, plus I got 10 cents back from MobiSave
- A medium fountain drink from RaceTrac, with survey reward code
- Weighed myself
- Fed the cats
- Set meat to defrost for tonight's dinner
- Aired out the house
- Cuddled with a kitten
- Replied to blog comments
- Commented on other blogs
- Worked on my Rewards programs
- Signed up for a Rewards club
- Printed coupons
- Uploaded coupons
- Made my bed
- Cleaned the upstairs litter box
- Brought the recycling from upstairs to the recycling bin
- Went to the movies with my son
- Took my son out to lunch
- Ran a couple of errands
- Submitted my receipt for a rebate
- Planned my menu for the week
- Worked on earning Swagbucks
- Clipped and sorted coupons
- Cooked dinner
- Did the dishes
- I lost 2 lbs! I have lost a total of 10.8 lbs since January 1 so a little over 21% of my goal :)
- Sleep was good.
- Breakfast was a bowl of Rice Krispies with fresh strawberries and a cup of ~2% milk.
- Mid Morning snack was 4 PB crackers and some strawberry Altoids
- Lunch was a chicken tenders sandwich and fries
- Afternoon snack was marshmallows and 2 clementines
- Dinner was Mock Zuppa Toscana, egg salad sandwich and 1/2 a papaya
- Foot exercises were performed
- for a lovely date with my lovely son:)
- for a safe trip for Greg
- for kitten cuddles
Even though if was fun to go out with my son, I didn't think much of the movie (LEGO Batman Movie). I had loved "The LEGO Movie" a few years back and has hoped this one would be good. But it was super long and I didn't think the voice talent or the jokes were any good. The theater was 75% empty but the few kids who were there didn't laugh much. I think my son liked it much more than I did.
I always sit at the end of a row because I invariably need to use the bathroom and I don't want to disturb anyway. It never fails that, even when the movie theater is as empty as it was today, the following happens:
- People show up after the movie has already started
- Despite the theater being mostly empty they pick the row I'm sitting in so they step on my feet and obscure the screen while I'm trying to watch the movie
- A few minutes later one of them decides to either go to the bathroom or go get a snack so then we get disturbed another 2 times.
- Someone in a row in front of us whips out their smartphone during the movie and starts reading their Facebook or texts or what not, in the middle of the movie.
I can't tell you how rage inducing all of this is. Seriously, I should always avoid to go to a theater. Plus it's too expensive.
On the plus side, the previews looked good, for once. We saw previews for "The Boss Baby" and I laughed a lot at that. "Despicable Me 3" also had me in stitches because of the new villain and his 80's busting moves.
My son really seemed to like the preview for "Power Rangers" until he heard that it was... the Power Rangers. I told him there was no shame in liking the Power Rangers, lol. Myself, I thought it was a remake of "The Breakfast Club", at first!
Moving on to lunch. It was the first time we ate at Zaxby. The food was OK. The restaurant wasn't very crowded but it was so disorganized. The trashcans were overflowing and no one was cleaning them, the table weren't being cleaned either. I was very underwhelmed. My son didn't have much feedback. I think he just wanted to go home, lol. But we did have a good time together (we joked about the movie and other things) and I think he appreciated going out since he usually goes from home to school or to the library and that's about it. He did tell me that he hated me, but don't panic, it was a joke referring to the movie we had just seen, so he meant quite the opposite. I told him he was my most hated child and he laughed.
I never did count the birds in the backyard because when we got home, I just didn't feel like doing anything! I might try to do it tomorrow. We'll see.
Also: KITTEN PICTURE!
|Tabby Kitten's most excellent napping spot next to me, last night :)|