The kittens puzzle me. They spend the night with Greg and myself upstairs. We have our own bedrooms but we both leave the doors open for them. I have spare food balls in my bedroom, which I refill before I go to bed so they can have a little snack at night (and eat breakfast without my having to get up just to feed them!), there is a water bowl and a litter box in the hall. The rest of the house is wide open to them.
Every morning, they all show up in my bedroom between 5:30 a.m and 6:00 a.m. and insist on waking me up. They don't necessarily want to cuddle, and if I do get up, they follow me downstairs and then proceed to ignore me. So they don't really want to play either. They just have this need for me to be up and in the living room while they run around the house and finally go back to sleep somewhere else than in bed with me where it's nice and cozy on a Saturday morning! If we close our doors, they scratch at the door and cry.
So this morning I was able to fend them off until about 7 a.m. but then they starting jumping on my bed and chasing each other and hunting my feet... so I got up. They came down with me, and then... disappeared! After a while, Princess came back and curled up on the pillow next to me and fell asleep, I suspect that Tabby Kitten went back to sleep with Greg because I heard him cry behind his door upstairs for a few seconds (I had closed Greg's door so he could sleep in without being bothered by a kitten licking his nose!) and, at 8:45 a.m., Explorer just came out of nowhere and settled himself on my chest. Which makes typing this a little challenging.
I love my kittens but I was warm and comfy under my duvet this morning and it would have been nice to sleep in a little! Well, I guess 7 a.m. was almost an hour more than I usually get :)
It was all foggy at 7 a.m. but now the fog has burned off. Our high should be in the low 80s. I've researched a new-to-us state park that has hiking trails and that I'd like to visit this weekend, but I'm waiting to see how Greg's back feels before making any definite plans. He hurt it while playing squash for the first time yesterday.
My daughter is away at her dad's for the weekend. my son will be sleeping in, no doubt. I gave him more Delsym last night before he went to bed because he was coughing a lot and I'm not hearing any coughing from his room right now so I hope he sleeps in longer and comfortably. I fed the older cats so he doesn't need to get up for that and he knows that I'll do that on the weekends for him :)
This afternoon, Middle Son will find out if he won any Photography Award at the Melrose Center Creative Expo. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed! He needs money to buy himself a camera to replace the one that was stolen from his car several months ago... plus the recognition would be awesome too!
TO DO LIST
- Turn bread heels into bread crumbs
Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE Input weight into WHBRHCDONE
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Do the dishes (AFTER DINNER)
- Clean fridge - cleaned the bottom shelf
- Sweep the downstairs bathroom
- Vacuum the upstairs bedrooms
- Sweep/vacuum the main stairwell
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son (after pediatrician apt)
- Download all January pictures from my phone and camera to external drive
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
- Do my foot exercises 2X
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
- Find USB drive (NOT an SD card!) and clear it so Teen librarian to put photos of Youngest Son on it
- Read 7-day library book! in progress
- Read e-library book in progress
Make sure Greg assigns specific funds to his IRA accountDONE!
- Move missing Music files from External Drive to my Laptop
- Move/reinstall missing software on new laptop in progress, moved all the files to the External Drive
- Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
- Back-up my phone
- Reset phone to factory settings
- Upgrade to newer iOS
- Wash litter box upstairs
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Read new issue of Kiplinger's in progress
- Wash kitchen windows
- Inventory the pantry
- Reorganize the gardening supplies area in breezeway
- Purge file cabinet in progress (through "credit cards")
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Make lemon poppyseed muffins or/and lemon squares with the "grapefruits"!
- Move fonts from external drive and reinstall on new laptop
- Take my measurements
- Sign up for Personal Capital?
- Look into transplanting hyacinths in garden - Moved them outside since Explorer has started to jump on mantelpiece :(
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
Try to hit my 1st Daily Goal on SwagbucksDONE
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Enter receipts into spreadsheets
- Schedule credit card payments
- Balance checkbook
- Sit down with my daughter and show her how to file her taxes
- Check the air filters and replace if needed
- We didn't have the AC or heat on last night :)
- Mixed 1/2 a gallon of water with 1/2 gallon of whole milk to stretch it.
- I started earning my Swagbucks by playing videos and the 3rd survey I attempted actually accepted me and credited me so I met my 1st goal very early on.
- And I input my weight and yesterday's walk into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices but only earned 40 BR points. I'm guessing I must have already earned the maximum BR points allowed for exercise so I might be limited to 20 BR a day from now until the end of the month for entering my weight.
- I opened the windows at 9:30 a.m. so the cats and I could enjoy the bird calls, etc.
- I'm happy that we have USAA Roadside Assistance because that tire that I kept on thinking looked low? Yeah, it was almost flat this morning! I just replaced all 4 tires a year ago so I'm not happy, but shit happens, right? So I called USAA who are sending someone to put my spare on. My garage is closed until Monday so I'll need to go there Monday morning and see if the tire can be fixed. In the meantime, I'm at home, not in a rush to get anywhere, I have a good spare, someone's on his/her way to put it on for me and there won't be a charge since it's covered under my road assistance plan, which is very inexpensive. The driver was here within 30 minutes, and installed the spare for me very easily. He showed me where there is a nail in my tire. Grrr. And it's kind of on the side. Double grrr. This is probably going to mean that they can't fix it, although he was trying to reassure me that they might be able to plug it and that maybe it's not such a big nail. Still, I'm a pessimist and we've had horrible luck with tires these past couple of months so... I'm mentally preparing myself for having to purchase another $200 tire :(
- Swagbucks confirmed that I'll be getting 17 SB next month for my purchase at Kohls.com yesterday. Not much but every little bit helps!
- Greg's back feels OK but his glutes really hurt, lol. We decided we'd go to the state park tomorrow morning. He feels better now at 11 a.m. than he felt when he first woke up. Good.
- I emptied the countertop composting bin into the large one outside. The squash seedlings are still in there so I won't be turning my compost yet. I should try to transplant them. Maybe I'll wait a couple more weeks to make sure it won't get too cold again.
- I unlocked new Ibotta offers and the Truvia Nectar and Progresso bread crumbs offers are in my line-up again! I'm firing up the old laptop to see if I might be able to print more Progresso bread crumb coupons from it as I ran out. Well shoot, it was no longer available but I was able to print extra coupons for other products.
- Since I didn't cook dinner last night, I'm planning on making the soup and grilled cheese sandwiches that were on the menu then.
- I had lunch on the back porch and read my library book for a while... until I got a bad stomachache because I ate too many pieces of saltwater taffy, and I went back indoors to lie down.
- I turned on an episode of the Antiques Roadshow and promptly fell asleep, with a kitten at my feet! While I was sleeping, Greg went ahead and assigned the money in his IRAs to specific funds. Yay.
- I felt better when I woke up but also tired so I looked for something else to watch and settled on "Burn Before Reading", a 2006 Coen brothers movie that I hadn't seen, with John Malkovich, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Frances McDonald and Tilda Swinton. Greg joined me and we really enjoyed it and laughed a lot. Explorer crawled in my arms as I was lying down and spent the whole movie soundly asleep against me while Princess was sleeping nearby and Tabby Kitten was probably sprawled in Greg's bed :)
- So now it's almost 6 p.m. and I really haven't done anything as far as chores are concerned. Oh well. Our son went to the park to get some swinging done. I texted Middle Son to see if he had won any prizes but he didn't :(
- Greg feels better, yay!
- Hey! We had a No Spend Day and a No Drive Day today!
- So for dinner, instead of making soup, I just heated up a couple of cans. Greg had some chunky soup for Aldi and our son and I split a can of Carrot Tomato Bisque that I had gotten for free at Publix. It tasted quite acidic, actually, I didn't care for it. And I have several more cans! I think next time I'll have to add some herbs to it or something. I also made us grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.
- Greg wanted to watch "Bob's Burgers" after dinner so we did that. I took a Tylenol because I'm all stuffed up and I have a headache. Allergies, probably. I should take a decongestant too. Our son hasn't been coughing much today so I think he's on the mend. It's been a week since he got sick.
- My daughter texted me that an Aldi had opened in Gainesville since we checked last year. Hooray! But also... there goes my convenient excuse for going to see her more than once every few weeks (I was going to bring her cheap food from Aldi!).
- Flat tire, again :(
- Greg woke up and is starting to feel the "crud" that our son experienced last weekend. Ugh. I'll be giving him a dose of the CVS "Flu and Throat" drug once he's done with his breakfast. I might need to run to Walgreens to buy something similar as we're running low on that.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- No Spend Day!
- None today. Told you it was a lazy day!
- Fed the cats
- Worked on my Rewards programs
- Replied to blog comments
- Cuddled with kittens
- Called Road Assistance
- Emailed daughter with everyone's congratulations
- Texted Middle Son to wish him good luck at the Awards this afternoon
- Read my library book
- Took a nap
- Watched a movie with Greg
- Cuddled with kittens!
- Texted with Middle Son
- Cooked dinner
- Watched Bob's Burgers with Greg
- Sleep was good!
- Breakfast was a bowl of Rice Krispies with fresh strawberries and a cup of ~2% diluted milk
- Morning snack was a piece of string cheese
- Lunch was 2 eggs salad sandwiches, 1/2 a papaya, some whipped carrots and parsnips.
- Afternoon snack was way too many saltwater taffies and some strawberries and cream. I got a bad stomachache :(
- Dinner was a bowl of carrot tomato bisque and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich
- Water consumption didn't happen. I drank coffee and diet Coke.
- Exercise didn't happen today. I napped instead, does that count?
- Foot exercises were performed.
- for being home when my tire was low/flat
- for roadside assistance service who didn't cost me a service call
- for lovely readers who left me congratulations for my daughter's acceptance into her school of choice
- We heard the first cricket of the year tonight, right outside our (open) living room windows. It was so darn loud. I hate crickets, I usually go hunt them with a flashlight at night so they leave us alone!
- A few pictures I took while I was outside today:
|A bunch of cranes of some kind (but not sandhill cranes, they sounded nothing like sandhill cranes) flew over the house, first east to west and then turned sharply and went north.|
|Squirrels were chasing each other on the pool screen of the house behind ours.|
|Verbena in the sun. I saw a few butterflies flutter by but couldn't photograph them fast enough.|
|My kittens, pissed that they couldn't be outside with me :)|
Did you have a lazy Saturday too?