Another rainy day in Central Florida, which means that I don't need to water my garden, the rain barrel is full to the brim and the temperature is down. In other words, a perfect day to stay home and listen to the Sinatra station on Pandora while pondering which chores to do or library books to read!
28 years ago today I started working for the Walt Disney Company. My ex and I had only been married a few weeks and I thought I'd work for Disney for a few months until I found something better. I ended up working for the company for 15 years! I've been a stay at home mom for close to 13 years now, but I always keep a soft spot in my heart for February 23. I still have dreams about my last team calling me to tell me that the Florida Disney Animation Studios are reopening and they want me to go back to work and, in my dream, I'm so excited. I really loved my co-workers and I'm sad that we all lost contact. As a matter of fact, I ended up deleting their contact info in my phone when I was backing it up a couple of days ago because it's probably obsolete and it's been so long. Now, I'm afraid that I will forget their names as my memory is really that bad. But oh well, I need to let go of some things so I have room for other things both in real life and in my memory as well :)
We had a little "drama" at about 8 a.m. as Greg and Youngest Son both started texted me at the same time, one to tell me he was stuck in bad traffic on the Florida Turnpike and the other to ask me to look for his math book, which is missing. Of course, I started texting the wrong person when replying. By the time I had gathered information about the turnpike crash to relay to Greg, he had already passed the accident scene, and my son decided he probably left his book in his math class yesterday and will look for it there. I hope he finds it!
So I suppose I should spend the day trying to catch up on chores... poop. Notably, I need to do last night's dishes since I didn't do them. If I wait until mid-afternoon to do them (as I did yesterday), then I pretty much guarantee that I won't do them right after dinner.
It's so easy to fall back in bad habits. Not drinking water, not exercising, not doing the dishes right after dinner, not logging my food in MyFitnessPal, hence not counting my calories... arrgh. It's always so much harder to get back on the horse, why is this? Back in January I was marveling at how easy it was for me to do all of this. Back in January, I mostly didn't mind biking at 9 p.m. on weeknights. Nowadays, I have lost my mojo, no matter how much encouragement I hear or what promises I make :(
So I have my exercise clothes on right now and maybe I'll bike this afternoon. I have to catch up on 2 episodes of "Spy in the Wild" and I need to finish reading Kiplinger's.
Better get to it, then!
TO DO LIST
Defrost meat for dinnerDONE
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift this week (tomorrow if it doesn't rain, before my daughter leaves to go to her dad)
Bake PB cookiesDONE Bake a pieDONE
- Cook, purée and freeze 1 pumpkin
Update French blogDONE
- Mop bathroom
- Vacuum living room
Make my bedDONE
- Turn bread heels into bread crumbs
Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE Input weight into WHBRHCDONE Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that timeDONE Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)DONE!!! Do the dishesDONE Put the laundry awayDONE
- Watch "Spy in the Wild"
- Clean fridge - cleaned the bottom shelf, cleaned the "main" shelf
- Sweep the downstairs bathroom
- Vacuum the upstairs bedrooms
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son (after pediatrician apt)
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
Do my foot exercisesDONE
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
- Finish moving/reinstalling missing software on new laptop
- Read one of the library books
Clean upstairs litter boxDONE
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Read new issue of Kiplinger's in progress
- Wash kitchen windows
- Vacuum the fridge's coils
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Reorganize the gardening supplies area in breezeway
- Purge file cabinet in progress (through "credit cards")
Take RaceTrac surveysDONE
- Move fonts from external drive and reinstall on new laptop
- Take my measurements
- Look into transplanting hyacinths in garden - Moved them outside since Explorer has started to jump on mantelpiece :(
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Sit down with my daughter and show her how to file her taxes
- Start on our tax return
- Schedule an outing to P.E.A.R. Park and ask them about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
- Write letter to my great aunt, with pictures
- Put son's vaccination records back in safe place
- Plant the tree
Learn how to use my new camerain progress Wash litter boxesDONE
- Youngest Son packed a lunch to take to school.
- I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work.
- Despite the rain, school drop-off went very well and I was home by 7:10 a.m.
- SavingStar ended up crediting me not only for the $2 for buying 4 cans of Progresso soup, but also with the $1 for buying 2 cans of Progresso soup, even though I only bought 4 cans?! They did that with Advil at one point, crediting me for ALL the Advil offers even though I had only bought 1 (pretty large, admittedly) bottle of it. So yay!
- I'm playing Swagbucks videos to earn a few SB but I won't consciously try to meet my 1st goal of 99 SB.
- I was just looking at my SB ledger and noticed that yesterday they credited me 75 SB for taking a survey back in November?! How odd... but, okay!
- The Thursday paper did find its way to my driveway this morning. I recycled it but kept the plastic sleeve which, once dry, will be reused to gather the contents of a litter box.
- Speaking of which, I reused a bread bag to clean out the upstairs litter box this morning, and saved another bread bag to do the same thing in the next few days.
- I had about half a cup of coffee left from yesterday's pot so I mixed it with freshly brewed coffee from this morning. I've used up all the free packets of sweetener from various restaurants so I started using the free Truvia Nectar that I have accumulated recently. Sadly, it it not calorie free :(
- I didn't stop by RaceTrac this morning as I plan on baking Peanut Butter Blossoms with the peanut butter dough that I had defrosted a couple of days ago. I also need to do something with the patty of pie crust that I defrosted. I might make a pumpkin pie for Greg as he's getting on my nerves by losing weight so much faster than me :)
- Microsoft Rewards featured another opportunity to earn 500 credits in a few weeks by "telling my story" so this time I chose to tell about how Greg got inspired by me and is earning credits too. Then I told him about it and he completed the same activity. My app tells me that I earned all the credits for today, but there is a 50 credit quiz on my laptop's dashboard that is giving me trouble so I emailed them.
- I baked 2 sheets of peanut butter cookies with the dough I had frozen at Christmas. I felt lazy so I didn't add the chocolate kisses. Oh well.
- I also baked a pumpkin pie using the dough patty that I had defrosted a couple of days ago and a can of pumpkin purée with a sell-by date of 2015 :)
- I was able to request a free sample from the Betty Crocker e-newsletter, yay! I also printed 3 coupons that they emailed me.
- Microsoft replied to me that they had credited me with the 50 credits that I was unable to earn. Woohoo!
- I entered my weight into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 20 BR points. I think they might have made some changes to the program as this popped up when I logged in, but I'm not sure.
- For lunch, I made myself an egg sandwich but I used guacamole instead of mayo since I need to use it up. I also has a large side salad, 4 clementines, and 2 PB cookies.
- I looked at next week's ad previews for CVS and Walgreens and adjusted my shopping list. I was disappointed to see that the only milk on sale at CVS was the half gallon, on sale for $1.99 but actually, this is great! I can buy just 1/2 a gallon of whole milk, mix it with water right away and reused the previous gallon jug (after rinsing it) and only spend $1.99 for milk on my gift card. I usually only stretch the 2nd half of the gallon that I buy.
- I scheduled a check to be sent from my bank to our city's utility department for our water bill ($62.36), which doesn't cost me a dime in extra fees.
- My free Arbor Day Foundation tree from Duke Energy came in! I need to figure out where to plant it since I can't put it in or near my veggie garden... it's a tree that flowers but also provides shade.
- My new camera came in, woohoo! However, the battery needs to be charged for 2 hours before I can start playing with it. I hadn't ordered an SD card to go with it but I have a spare 16G card and might just use the 32G card that I have in my Canon Point and Shoot right now.
- I took 2 RaceTrac surveys and earned survey reward codes for 2 more freebies.
- Middle Son emailed me a picture of Greg that he took on Monday night that's wonderful! However, the file is tiny so I won't be able to get it printed as an 8 x 10 next time there is a free coupon so I asked him to email me a larger version of it.
- Middle Son and I are getting together to walk walking tomorrow morning, albeit in East Orlando since his car broke down :( He'll show me how to use the camera. It'll also help him since he wants to test it and see if he should get one like that for himself.
- Woohoo! Season 3 of Grace & Frankie will be on Netflix on March 24!!! Read this article on Lifehacker if you want to see what else will be coming and going on Netflix in March.
- So I read (most of, there are a lot of functions that I will never use!) my new camera's manual and tried taking pictures. I really hope Middle Son helps me because I have to say that so far? I'm not very impressed. The zoom isn't better than my Canon point and shoot, I don't think, although it does take pictures faster. The ones I took looked great on the camera's display but not so great on my laptop?! Arrgh. I'm probably doing something wrong. It does have a way to upload the pictures to my PC via Wifi but I couldn't get it to work. Finally someone in a somewhat related YouTube video wrote a snippet of a comment about the shared folder needing to have the permissions set to "write" and not just to "read" so I did that and it worked! Others were talking about having to create a new user on the laptop, etc. I'm glad I didn't do that. Anyhoo, it'll only work if I only need to transfer a couple of pictures because it would take a long time to transfer the 50+ pictures I usually take when I go on a walk!
- My son decided to walk to the library (I guess he didn't want to drive?!) and I was busy with the camera so I didn't argue. Greg picked him up on his way home.
- My daughter gassed up the family car, charged it to my Discover card so we'll earn 5% back in Rewards, and I gained yet another receipt with which I will earn a freebie.
- I was busy updating my French blog so I didn't start dinner until about 10 minutes before Greg and our son got home. However, I had decided to make an omelet instead of a frittata, so that worked out just fine. I used a package of diced smoked ham that I had in the fridge and the rest of the shredded cheddar, along with 10 eggs, including the rest of those that had a sell-by date of a couple of weeks ago :) To go along with it, I made a big side salad and served wedges of naan bread. For dessert, our son had a piece of pumpkin pie. I tried enticing Greg with one but he refused because he didn't exercise today! Arrrgh. Meanwhile, I had several PB cookies today.
- I did the dishes right after dinner, hooray!
- to drop off my son at school
- and tolls for Greg's commute
- for my daughter to go to her college class
- I ate several cookies.
- We watched a couple more episodes of Season 1 of the Jim Gaffigan Show and I really don't like it. I don't like the woman who plays his wife and his act is funny on stage but as a dad/husband personae, it's tiresome. I won't be buying Season 2 :(
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Tolls: $25 (Greg's Sunpass account replenished itself)
- Water/Sewer/Recycling: $62.36 (payment actually scheduled for later on this month)
- RaceTrac: $10.86 (gas for family car)
- I request a sample of Nature Valley Peanut Butter Cups from the Betty Crocker e-newsletter
- A great portrait of Greg from Middle Son
- Fed the kittens
- Packed a lunch for Greg
- Prepped his breakfast
- Drove my son to school
- Put the laundry away
- Made my bed
- Cleaned the upstairs litter box
- Aired out the house
- Caught up on blogs and commented
- Worked on Rewards programs
- Looked for accident information for Greg
- Looked for math book for my son
- Emailed Microsoft
- Put the dry dishes away
- Did the dishes
- Baked cookies
- Baked a pie
- Washed 3 cat litter boxes and refilled them
- Cleaned and put away the toilet snake
- Scheduled a bill payment
- Balanced my checkbook
- Updated my spreadsheets
- Requested a sample
- Printed coupons
- Replied to Microsoft email
- Emailed Greg and my daughter
- Replied to blog comments
- Played with my new camera and read the manual
- Researched how to use the Wifi function
- Updated my French blog
- Cooked dinner
- Put away the dry dishes
- Did the dinner dishes
- A safe commute for all of us despite the rain
- For a new camera!