Monday, February 13, 2017

Day Book: Monday 2/13/17



Outside my window... it's 7:27 a.m. and I'm actually on the back porch. It's 66F/18.8C, the mostly full moon is still out up in the sky, but the sun is rising.  Birds are singing everywhere and I hope some of them make it to my backyard!

I am thinking... that I wish I could spend the whole morning out here!

I am thankful for... an easy school drop-off this morning.

From the learning rooms... my daughter is visiting Gainesville with her dad today in search of a possible apartment and answers about various issues from UF's Admissions department.  My son reported that there is nothing special about this upcoming week so no tests or anything.  He's preparing for the Optimist Club's oratorical/essay presentations that will take place on March 2, apparently.  I need to contact the department that handles the driving lessons to find out if he was assigned to a class and the dates and duration.

From the kitchen... the dishwasher is on, as I reloaded it as soon as I came home from school drop-off. It's nice not to have this hanging over my head anymore :)  I have chicken breasts that are defrosting and I'll put them in the crockpot at about noon.  I'm also defrosting a turkey to roast tomorrow.

I am wearing... the black cargo shorts that I mended last week. They have a bleach stain or two but I don't care, they're comfy and functional.  A black V-neck T-shirt. Ankle socks and my walking shoes. My hair is in a bun, which is almost always is nowadays :)  A "messy" one at that, I'm so fashionable!

I am creating... hmmm, nothing. We won't do anything really special for Valentine's Day, save having our turkey dinner!  I have been keeping blog posts in French for my family, so I suppose I'm creating that?!

I am going... to the garage in a little bit to see about them either fixing or replacing my tire. I was playing with the idea of bringing my bike so I could go on a bike ride while they were dealing with it, but maybe I'll just bring my library book since I need to finish it by Wednesday night and I've barely made a dent in it.

I am reading... how embarrassing, I can't think of the title of the book!  Quick, to Amazon! Oh yeah, "Right Behind You" by Lisa Gardner. It's her newest one.

I am hoping... that they can plug my tire and I don't have to spend another $200 on a new one, seeing that I only put 6,000 miles on this one!  But I'm not really optimistic.

I am hearing... the birds calling in the trees, Princess climbing the screen door because she sees a gnat or something, the dishwasher running in the kitchen, some traffic on the street nearby and someone hammering.  They're re-building a house that had been torn down just a block or so away and it's going to mean a lot of noise for a few months.

Around the house... Greg just left for work, two of the kittens are wondering why they can't come out. The third and the older cats are sleeping.

One of my favorite things... my comfy patio furniture that I got for a steal at Ace Hardware a couple of years ago.

A few plans for the rest of the week... well the garage this morning and then it's Domestic Monday, the last of my tax forms should be in this week so I'll get to start on that (oh joy!), grocery shopping of course, my daughter and I were talking about going back to Leu Botanical Gardens in Orlando on Friday to see the blooming azaleas and camellias, and on Saturday Greg and I are planning on going to visit DeLeon Springs State Park.  Sunday will be a day of rest, I'm thinking.

Here's the picture I'm sharing...

Happy V-day to you even if you're not a cat mom :)

Have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Valentine. Made me smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Only 2 more days, Live and Learn, and you can truly relax and no longer worry about your old house!

      Delete
  2. Cute valentine. Thanks and the same to you! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute valentine! Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!