Today should be Domestic Monday but I'm not feeling it this morning. We'll see if that changes! It's all foggy outside, Youngest Son is sick, I feel tired...
I'm going to hop into the shower soon and then take Princess to the vet's to get her stitches removed. I need to order kitten and cat food while I'm there.
TO DO LIST
MAKE MENU FOR THE WEEK!DONE
- Cut up ground beef chubs, repackage, and freeze
- Cut up ribs, repackage, and freeze
Enter MCR codesDONE Record receipts in spreadsheetsDONE MEND SON'S COMFORTERDONE Do the laundryDONE Hang the laundry outsideDONE
- Fold the laundry
- Put the laundry away
Take Princess to the vet'sDONE
- Monitor Youngest Son's fever in progress
- Turn bread heels into bread crumbs
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Mop or fake mop the kitchen Swept
Do the dishes Do the dishes (AFTER DINNER)Loaded dishwasher but not full enough to run
- Clean fridge
Clip couponsDONE Sort couponsDONE
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Make appointment for preventative maintenance on heat pump
Vacuum the living roomDONE
- Download all January pictures from my phone and camera to external drive
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
Do my foot exercisesDONE Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bikeDONE!!!
- Find USB drive (NOT an SD card!) and clear it so Teen librarian to put photos of Youngest Son on it
- Read e-library book in progress
- Make sure Greg assigns specific funds to his IRA account
- Move missing Music files from External Drive to my Laptop
- Move/reinstall missing software on new laptop in progress, moved all the files to the External Drive
- Trying syncing my phone on new laptop
- Back-up my phone
- Reset phone to factory settings
- Upgrade to newer iOS
Clean litter box upstairsDONE Clean all other litter boxesDONE
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Read new issue of Kiplinger's
- Put out Valentine's Day decorations
- Finish ironing Greg's clothes
Take RaceTrac surveysDONE
- Make lemon poppyseed muffins or/and lemon squares with the "grapefruits"!
- Move fonts from external drive and reinstall on new laptop
- Read the 2 library travel books? on hold, since now we're not sure of when or where we're going
- Take my measurements
- Sign up for Personal Capital?
- Start French blog for my mom and sister?
- Look into transplanting hyacinths in garden - Moved them outside since Explorer has started to jump on mantelpiece :(
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
Mend at least one item from mending basketI mended most of the items! Try to hit my 1st Daily Goal on SwagbucksDONE
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Sit down with my daughter and show her how to file her taxes
- Send my feedback to all my elected officials (city, county, state, Congress) in progress
- I packed a lunch for Greg to take to work.
- SavingStar credited my account with the75 cents for my purchase of Progresso bread crumbs yesterday.
- My 1st daily goal in Swagbucks is 80 SB. I was able to qualify for a 63 SB survey so I'm only 4 SB away from my goal at 7:45 a.m., yay!
- RaceTrac emailed me something about getting a free cup of frozen yogurt this week when you download their app, but I already have the app... I emailed them asking for clarification that this is only for new members because there's no coupon in my app. We'll see what they say.
- I have 2 kittens nestled against my thigh right now. One of them is Tabby Kitten who rarely cuddles with me, so I'm enjoying this! I'm getting a little hungry... however...
- We didn't have the heat or AC running last night. It was 70F in the living room this morning so it wouldn't have kicked on anyway.
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards credits.
- A 3rd kitten just arrived and settled himself on my chest. I guess I'm not having breakfast soon...
- I entered my weight and yesterday's walk into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 100 BR points.
- There was a cup's worth of chicoree coffee left in the pot that I had brewed for Greg yesterday morning so I had it for breakfast... and then I brewed myself a pot of flavored coffee :)
- I continued to use up dehydrated apples in my morning cup of Rice Krispies. I had dehydrated them to save them from becoming food waste.
- Both Greg and I had the $10 off $30 off at Kohl's offer in our Discover Deals so I uploaded them to my Kohl's wallet and have another $20 in Kohl's cash to spend. Woohoo! I put a reminder on my calendar for 3/6 to check again since the current offer expires 3/5. I need to look at what I might want to buy. I wonder if they carry white noise machines?!
- Did the laundry in cold/cold. Hung out my clothes and all the undies/socks/cloth napkins/cleaning cloths to dry outside. Bath towels and Greg's Tshirts were put in the dryer on the Auto Moisture Sensing setting.
- There wasn't anything due at the vet's for removing Princess' stitches and she's doing great!
- While I was waiting for her, I wrote a menu for the week in my phone. I already knew what I had in my fridge so it was pretty easy, plus I had to reuse 2 or 3 meals ideas for last week since I never cooked them.
- Youngest Son said he felt better when he woke up at 10:30 a.m. Since he hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning and hasn't had diarrhea, I told him he could go back to a regular diet today, carefully. I gave him ibuprofen because he felt warm, and instructed him to rest today. He watched the "Spy in the Wild" episode from last week on PBS.
- I aired out the cat room and living room (Youngest Son said he wasn't cold) and his bedroom.
- I washed his bedding.
- I decided to make a dump cake for today's snack. I flipped through my "Quick and Easy Dump Cakes and more" cookbook and settled on the Melba Peach Cake as I had all the ingredients: 2 cans of peach pie filling (from Dollar Tree), frozen raspberries (bought at Publix at least 2 years ago, oh my!), a box of yellow cake mix (Aldi last year) and a stick of butter. I wasn't tempted to cheapen out and use margarine instead because I tried that once and it just didn't taste right. One thing I did change is that instead of dumping the dry cake mix on top of the peaches and raspberries and then slicing the butter thinly and covering the cake mix with the slices, I just melted the butter in the microwave and mixed it with the cake mix and then crumbled that all over the peaches and raspberries. The last time I had made a dump cake using the author's recipe, the butter hadn't mixed well with the cake mix so there was a lot of dry cake mix and it was not very good! Baked at 350F for 45 minutes, we'll see how it turns out. I wish we had vanilla ice cream to go with it or at least whipped cream. I might actually whip some, as I have shelf-stable packets of whipping cream from Trader Joe's in my pantry. I'm going to stick one in the fridge now so it'll be nice and cold by this afternoon when it's time for me to whip it :) Update: unfortunately, that cake is freaking delicious. Even without whipped cream. I had 2 servings. Arrgh.
- Since Greg has stopped eating eggs in the morning, I now have a glut of eggs in my fridge, including 2 dozens that have a sell by date of 2/3! Yikes. I'm going to boil 6 eggs for egg salad sandwiches and snacks, and I think I might bake a quiche or two, to freeze. First, I'll need to see how much room I'll have in the freezer once I freeze the 10 lbs of ground beef that I bought and the ribs that I never cook.
- I printed new coupons via Swagbucks and also fired up my old laptop to print some from there too.
- I checked my RaceTrac app again and not only do I have a coupon for a free cup of ice cream (up to $4) but also a coupon for a free cake cone! The only gas station that features that is 20 minutes away so if my son feels better this afternoon, I'll take him to redeem it. I texted Greg and my Daughter about the offer and my Daughter confirms she has it in her app too. Sweet!
- For lunch, I made my son a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and then I still had the 2 bread heels so I made him another small grilled cheese sandwich since he had barely eaten anything yesterday. I also gave him a little bit a potato chips. I know it's greasy food, but that's what he was feeling like having.
- For my lunch, I heated up the rest of the tomato soup from last night and made a turkey avocado sandwich. I also had some New York style potato salad. We got it with the chicken dinner from Publix early last week, so we need to use it up. Then I had a banana.
- My son and I watched a couple of episodes of "Gotham" on Netflix. I clipped coupons and did other laptop-related things during that time.
- Chili's emailed me a coupon for a free appetizer with the purchase of an entrée. I emailed it to my daughter since she and her BFF like eating there.
- I entered the codes from the 2 bottle caps that my daughter gave me a couple of days ago into MyCokeRewards and earned another 6 MCR points.
- Kellogg's e-newsletter contained a coupon for a product that my BFF uses so I printed it (2x) for her and mailed them to her with the other coupons I had set aside for her.
- I took the Dunkin' Donuts survey on the receipt from Saturday's trip and earned a free donut with my next medium drink purchase. However, it's only good at that Ocala Dunkin' Donuts. On a happy note, I now realize that I wouldn't have gotten the 2 donuts for free with my other survey codes anyway since they were only good for the Clermont Dunkin' Donuts.
- Since my son and I were really enjoying watching "Gotham", I moved on to my mending. I mended: 2 T-shirts, 1 pair of shorts, my son's bag, my son's comforter, a cardigan, one of the kittens' mouse toys, a reusable grocery bag and one of Greg's woolen socks. I still have to mend: a pair of shorts (I'll iron a patch on it) and a string bag (I mended it by hand but I think I should reinforce it with my sewing machine).
- I took two RaceTrac surveys and earned new survey reward codes for 2 new freebies.
- I received the $150 check from my county for the 3 cat spaying/neutering rebates. Woohoo! I used a free, postage-paid deposit envelope to mail my deposit to my bank (see: failures).
- I received the local coupon booklets that get mailed to me every month in a small manilla envelope. I saved the envelope so I could reuse it.
- Colgate had asked for my address to send me a coupon since I couldn't print the last one they had emailed me and I had been ticked off at their "A resolution so easy, even Nathalie can keep that one!" promotional email, which I found demeaning and insulting. Today I received a thick envelope with a coupon for a free Colgate product up to $3.99, and a bunch of coupons for other products from Colgate-Palmolive.
- I heated up the scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven for dinner and served it with a large naan, cut into 4 wedges. It was really delicious! I had enough leftovers to pack a lunch for Greg tomorrow and for one or two other lunch portions.
- Greg loved the cake as well. I hope he eats the rest of it because I ate half of it. Half! Ugh.
- I'm updating this very late from my bed on my phone, hence the lack of formatting, but: I biked for 45 minutes tonight even though I really didn't feel like it. Woohoo!
- and tolls for Greg's commute
- to drive Princess to the vet's for her appointment
- Aargh, there is a $2 coupon for Truvia Nectar today! I shouldn't have bought it yesterday! If I had stuck to my plan to go on Wednesday, I would have had an even bigger moneymaker!
- My son's comforter is all ripped on one side. I'm not sure if it happened in the washing machine but it's still pretty new as I just bought it from Aldi a few months ago. I'll need to mend it before tonight. Update: I did!
- I ate way too much cake.
- I wasn't able to use my bank's app to deposit my check because it suddenly became incompatible with my phone's iOS. I'm going to have to completely reformat my phone in order to have enough space to possibly download iOs 10 which is a huge battery drain. I don't want it, but if my apps start not working, that's a problem :(
- My son is feeling better but his fever is still over 101F when the acetaminophen/ibuprofen wear off, so I emailed his teachers that he will miss school again tomorrow. Good news: the AP unit test that was scheduled for today has been rescheduled to Thursday.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- No Spend Day!
- A coupon for a free cup of ice cream or frozen yogurt from RaceTrac
- A coupon for a free cake cone from RaceTrac
- $20 in Kohl's cash thanks to our 2 Discover Deals offers :)
- A coupon for a free Colgate product and additional coupons for Colgate-Palmolive coupons
- $150 back from our county!
- Fed the kittens
- Took my son's temperature and gave him some Tylenol
- Fed the older cats
- Packed Greg's lunch
- Prepped his breakfast
- Ironed him an outfit
- Emailed RaceTrac
- Wrote and posted my Day Book post
- Unlocked offers
- Worked on Rewards programs
- Made my bed
- Collected trash from upstairs
- Cleaned the upstairs litter box
- Collected laundry and started it
- Emptied dish drying rack on counter and washed its tray
- Organized dirty dishes :)
- Swept the kitchen
- Cleaned the other 3 litter boxes since we'd forgotten to do it last night (oops)
- Took Princess to the vet's
- Place a new cat food order
- Unlocked new rebates in Ibotta
- Put together a menu for the week while I was at the vet's
- Aired out the house
- Switched the laundry
- Hung out the first load outside
- Chatted with Youngest Son and gave him ibuprofen
- Baked a cake
- Cooked hard-boiled eggs
- Hung the 2nd load of laundry outside
- Washed my son's bedding
- Printed coupons
- Made lunch for my son and myself
- Did the dishes
- Put more TP in bathroom
- Hung son's bedding to dry
- Watched a couple of shows with my son
- Clipped coupons
- Sorted coupons
- Entered MCR codes
- Printed a coupon for my BFF
- Mailed coupons to her
- Vacuumed the living room, hallway, breezeway, and exercise room
- Took consumer satisfaction surveys
- Mended most of the items in my mending basket
- Brought the dry laundry back indoors and put the racks away
- Checked the mail
- Deposited a check
- Showed my son how to address an envelope
- Emailed his teachers to let them know he'll be staying home again tomorrow
- Warmed up dinner
- Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
- Watched more episodes of "Gotham" with my son
- Sleep was not enough, as I went to bed late in order to give my son medicine at midnight.
- Breakfast was a cup of Rice Krispies with dehydrated apple slices and 1 cup of ~2% diluted milk. I drank coffee.
- Lunch was a small cup of tomato soup, a turkey avocado sandwich, some potato salad and a banana. And cake.
- Afternoon snack was caaaaaaaake.
- Dinner was scalloped potatoes and ham, a wedge of naan bread
- Water consumption was... let's not talk about it.
- Exercise was... 45 min on my bike (7.39 miles!)
- Foot exercises were performed.
- That everything is fine with Princess :)
- That Youngest Son felt better this morning and said he slept well
- Spring is definitely coming early for Central Florida, there are tons of birds singing in the trees in the backyard and front yard, although I haven't been able to spot them :) A lot of young squirrels are out and about as well. The cats are running from window to window like crazy, lol.