Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February Goals


These are the goals that I plan on working on in February. A lot of them will be recurring throughout the year, but I do want to list them so I don't forget about them.  I will hold myself accountable by posting the progress and/or results at the end of each month.

The goals are not listed in any particular order of importance. I need to work on all of them.  I know it's a lot. It's a lot less than I was planning on listing!

PERSONAL GOALS
  1. Purge my T-shirt drawers
  2. Reorganize the gardening supplies area in breezeway
  3. Purge file cabinet
  4. Call my mom
  5. Write a letter or card to my great aunt
  6. Send a V-day card to a friend
  7. Send V-day email to Oldest Son's GF and Oldest Son
  8. Schedule lunch with Middle Son
  9. Schedule outing with Daughter
  10. Schedule outing with Youngest Son
  11. Go on a walk every weekend with Greg
  12. Visit at least 2 new state parks, with or without Greg
  13. Have lunch or visit with each of my two IRL friends
  14. Lose another 5 lbs (for a total of 13.8 lbs total loss since 1/1)
  15. If/when we go out to eat, drink only water and order salads and other low-calorie meals
  16. Drink at least 32 oz of water a day
  17. Exercise on my recumbent bike every week night for at least 35 minutes
  18. Schedule eye doctor exam to ask for trifocals
  19. Read at least part of my dSLR camera manual
  20. Make a list of my local elected officials and how to contact them
  21. Start contacting my local elected officials and letting them know what I think about their voting record
  22. No screens past 11 p.m.
  23. Set a 15 minute timer everyday and try to do as many housework chores as possible during that time
  24. Unload the dishwasher every morning and reload it during the day
  25. Mop/fake mop the kitchen once a week 
  26. Vacuum or sweep the rest of the house once a week
  27. Wash kitchen windows
  28. Vacuum fridge coils (last done in late January) 
  29. Mend at least 2 items from the mending basket
  30. Drop off donations at thrift store
  31. Look for a reasonably priced white noise machine for my bedroom
  32. Read:
    1. In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware (e-book borrowed from library)
    2. Mercer Girls by Libbie Hawker (ebook on loan from Amazon Prime Reading)
  33. Scrub patio pavers with bleach on a cool day (wear old clothes!)
  34. Inventory what I need to make new self-watering bins (spend less than $50 total)
  35. Water the garden once a week when it hasn't rained
  36. Turn the compost bin at least once
  37. Have Greg unhook the hose from the house and set it up with new hose reel!
  38. Move all missing music files from external drive to my laptop
  39. Try syncing my phone on iTunes
  40. Reinstall programs that I copied to external drive on my laptop
  41. Reinstall fonts that I copied to external drive on my laptop
  42. Wipe old laptop of confidential/personal information

FINANCIAL AND FRUGAL GOALS
  1. Add $166.66 to our Emergency Fund
  2. Continue to collect tax documents and start filing out the tax forms
  3. Earn at least one $25 gift card in Swagbucks
  4. Earn two $5 gift cards in Microsoft Rewards
  5. Continue to try to spend only $50 per week for food
  6. Continue avoiding going out to eat: pack picnics, plan meals taking into account what's going on on certain days and how I'm likely to be feeling about cooking on those days
  7. When eating out/ordering in drink water and order low-cost, healthier foods
  8. NO MORE THAN ONE COOK'S NIGHT OUT this month!
  9. Buy fewer snacks
  10. Continue to track all expenses in my spreadsheets
  11. Report all expenses on the blog, daily
  12. Continue avoiding food waste as much as possible and reporting on Food Waste every Friday
  13. Continue to try to purchase as many items from the thrift store as possible
  14. Calculate our Net Worth on 2/1
  15. Set dates and a budget for summer road trip
  16. Gardening expenses to remain under $50
  17. Read the latest issue of Kiplinger Magazine
  18. Call my bank to combine the two IRA accounts
  19. Make sure Greg assigns cash sitting in his IRA to actual funds
  20. Continue tracking Greg's paystubs in my spreadsheets
  21. Continue tracking all of our expenses
  22. Stay on top of RaceTrac surveys
  23. Continue passing on items and coupons to my BFF

4 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, the one time goals ( searchers send a card to write an email etc. etc. ). Try to knock one of those out a day . I bet you could totally do this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could work, thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of goals for the shortest month of the year! Hope you'll be able to accomplish most, if not all, of them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did forget to take into account that there are fewer days this month. Doh!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!