Monday, February 6, 2017

This Week's Dinner Plans: Monday 2/6 through Sunday 2/12, 2017


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...

Last week didn't go as planned so I'm reusing part of last week's menu :)

MONDAY:  Scalloped Potatoes & Ham in Crockpot with Naan
Recipe from Crockpot Classics, p 43
  • From the freezer:  nothing
  • From the pantry: potatoes, can of mushroom soup
  • From the fridge: Ham steak, shredded cheese, naan bread
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: **crockpot recipe**
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY: Pasta and Meatballs, Salad
  • From the freezer: meatballs
  • From the pantry:  pasta
  • From the fridge: pesto, butter, lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumber, Asian Sesame dressing
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Turkey Burgers and Corn on the Cob
  • From the freezer: ground turkey
  • From the pantry: homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • From the fridge: cheese slices, homemade zesty refrigerator pickles, corn on the cob
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  nothing
  • Need to buy:  hamburger buns

THURSDAY: Whipped Carrots and Parsnips and Tuna Patties
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  tuna cans, breadcrumbs, vegetable oil, nutmeg, salt & pepper
  • From the fridge: carrots, parsnips, eggs, block of cheese, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  nothing

FRIDAY: Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup, Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
* Soup recipe from "The Soup Bible", p 90
  • From the freezer: colored mini peppers
  • From the pantry:  homegrown sweet potatoes, onion, white wine, hot pepper sauce
  • From the fridge: minced garlic, homemade chicken stock, bread, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  Black Forest Ham, American cheese slices

SATURDAY: Barbecue Pulled Pork in Crockpot and Rice
  • From the freezer: Pork loin
  • From the pantry:  barbecue sauce, white rice
  • From the fridge: butter, grated parmesan cheese
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  **crockpot recipe**
  • Need to buy:  nothing

SUNDAY:  Cheeseburgers, Baked Potatoes, Salad
  • From the freezer: ground beef
  • From the pantry:  hamburger buns, potatoes
  • From the fridge: condiments, cheese slices, homemade zesty pickles, butter, light sour cream, lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumber, dressing
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  nothing
  • Need to buy:  nothing

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

5 comments:

  1. Another week of yummy dinners! Everything sounds delicious and you have reminded me that I have a sweet potato in the fridge (along with the rest of the regular potato leftover from making the chips, the other night). I don't know what I'll be cooking this week - I did take out an already cooked pork chop from the freezer - maybe I'll slice it up and make a stir-fry with broccoli and carrots? I also want to make a curry using canned mackerel. And do something with that sweet potato (other than just baking it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, my reply to your comment shows up as a stand-alone comment and I'm not sure why... another Blogger hiccup, I guess!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you set this up -- marking what comes from where and what is needed. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It helps me stay more organized, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Stir-fry sounds good and so easy to make! I'm looking forward to finally using up some of those sweet potatoes that I harvested. I seem to always forget I have them, even though they're right there on the counter!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!