Between the Diet Coke I had for dinner and the rest of my morning coffee that I drank right after that, I was able to stay awake until 11 p.m. and work on my daily post. I did go up to bed, with much effort because I was so in pain (everything hurt, I was shuffling like a 90 year-old with a walker), but then I couldn't fall asleep. It was at least another 30 minutes before I did because I remember the white noise machine turning off and I had set it for 30 minutes. At least, I took a long shower before getting in bed so I felt somewhat refreshed from that. Then I had a long, very uncomfortable night. I was in pain, kept tossing and turning non-stop and then I had a kitten who would insist on moving along with me, only each time he or she kept on insisting on sleeping with their fur covering my nose and mouth. It was exhausting and I didn't have the 2 brain cells to 1) get up and take an Advil and 2) lock the kittens out of my bedroom!
So finally it was time to get up at 6:10 a.m. and the first thing I did was take an Advil. Now, it's about 8:00 a.m. and I feel a little better. At least it's easier to move. But I don't plan on doing anything strenuous today so I'm sitting on the back patio, enjoying the cool air, my coffee and the birds calling. I think I'll do an official Domestic Tuesday this week. I do need to do the dishes, though. Maybe this afternoon.
How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic and busy since we went out both days, first to the WWII Reenactment on Saturday, and then hiking at Alafia River State Park yesterday. We forgot to ask whether it's pronounced "Alafia" or "Alafaya". There's an Alafaya Trail in Orlando so Greg is thinking it's pronounced like it.
I'm going to list my To Do's since I've realized that this blog is my best organizing tool, but I don't expect to accomplish much off my list today.
Hey, I realized that this coming Sunday is when we change the clocks again. I thought I'd mention it in case some of you had forgotten about that, as I did. It's going to be very bright in the mornings now... which means the kittens will try to get me up even earlier. Groan.
TO DO LIST
- Inventory what's in the fridge
- Make a menu for the week
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift
- Clean bathroom ceiling
Make my bedDONE Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE Input weight into WHBRHCDONE
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)
- Vacuum Youngest Son's bedroom
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
Do my foot exercises DONE
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
- Read one of the library books in progress
- Clean upstairs litter box
- Add Osmocote plant food to rose and hibiscus bushes
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Wash kitchen windows
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- Take RaceTrac surveys
Take Driscoll's surveysDONE
- Take my measurements
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Schedule an outing to P.E.A.R. Park and ask them about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
- Write letter to my great aunt, with pictures
- Mail letter to my great aunt
- Go to airport to cash in my euros?!
- Mend sliding door window screen
- Finalize and mail letter to UPS CEO (add Amazon's comparison)
- Plant and water the tree
- Make sure I get answer from the Educational Foundation director re: Daughter's scholarship after what paperwork to fill out
- Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
- Fix the brakes on my bike again
- Download all February pictures from phone, Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drive
- Trim cats' nails
- Get the hummingbird feeders out of storage
- Make hummingbird nectar
- Greg rid of cardboard boxes on the front porch
- Make sure all pictures from the Canon camera are saved to external drive and then wipe out the memory card, format it for the Panasonic camera and swap memory cards
Reply to blog commentsDONE Purge coupon organizerDONE
- Sort coupons
Reply to my mom's emailDONE Reply to my brother's emailDONE
- Renew library books (on Thursday) Put reminder on my calendar for Thursday
Try to enter Powerade cap code on MCR and see if can redeem my pointsDONE
- Add new information to kitchen wall calendar
Input this weekend's receipts into my spreadsheetsDONE
- Do laundry
- Wash my bedding
- Dry laundry outdoors
- Fold laundry
- Put laundry away
- Sweep kitchen
- Clear out front porch
- Gather trash from around the house
SUCCESSES and FAILURES
- I lied, the first thing I did after waking up and getting dressed was make my bed, not take an Advil. I figured that I was so sore, I might not be able to get back up the stairs today!
- Youngest Son packed a lunch for school, as he does every day. He saves me so much money by doing this! I was re-reading blog entries from March 2014 when both my daughter and Middle Son were buying lunch from school every day otherwise they either didn't eat or mooched off their friends and I'm glad I put my foot down last year. I did put money in his lunch account as he is allowed to buy lunch once a week, but he never does.
- I packed leftovers for Greg: vegetables from when I cooked the corned beef and chicken from Saturday night.
- School drop-off went well, which is always nice.
- I aired out the house when I got home, which always make the kittens happy. The birds were singing throughout the neighborhood, which made me happy :)
- There was a little bit of coffee left in the pot from yesterday morning so I added it to my first mug of the morning.
- The milk is definitely turning now, when I added it to my cereal, it looks odd and tastes a little cheesy. But it's nothing that'll make me sick so I'm still eating it. However, I'll probably dump the rest of it, which is about 1/4 of the gallon (it was stretched with water). I did use a brown banana in my cereal. I love the taste of a very ripe banana in my Rice Krispies!
- Oh yay, I've tweaked the format of the blog a little and from now on will be listing the successes and failures in the same section. Not to bury the failures, but sometimes I'm ranting about something that's not so much a failure (well, not mine anyhoo) and I never really know where to stick that. I may rename this section as well, I don't know.
- Greg is planning on taking down the rotten pieces of our front porch on Saturday, which means I need to clear it this week. The screened-in enclosure is what's coming down as the wood that's framing it so completely rotten. We have a tiled front porch and a couple of steps leading from the porch into the house. He plans on building a composite deck covering the tiled portion of it so the steps will lead from the driveway to the deck and then there won't be steps to come inside the house (right now we have an accumulation of water on the front porch every time it rains because the floor isn't level). I suppose he'll screen it back in too. Honestly, I wish he would have it done professionally. I hope he doesn't get in trouble with Code Enforcement and that it ends up looking good. Also, I hope it won't be too expensive, lol.
- I started working on Swagbucks with videos so I'm earning a tiny bit. My Search Award once again was only 4 SB this morning. Not sure if I'll get another today. My 1st goal is 90 SB. Once again, I don't plan on trying to meet it, necessarily.
- I checked my and Greg's Discover cards' Deals and we both had the new offer for $10 off $30 at Kohl's B&M, which means that I was able to accumulate $20 in Kohl's Cash in my app's wallet by entering the promotion and pin codes. Woot! Between that and the $5 promotional gift that I received last week, I have $25 in free money to spend there and... no idea of what to get! I'll check with Greg to see if he needs anything.
- I defrosted a loaf of pumpkin bread that I had frozen just yesterday, because the first loaf is already gone! I won't get any more freebies from RaceTrac until it's all been eaten away. As an aside, I noticed that our RaceTrac had posted a flyer with the nutritional content of their baked goods and that Apple Crumb Muffin that I get for my son pretty often? 570 calories. Whoa. Good thing he's a string bean otherwise!
- I entered my weight and yesterday's hike into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 160 BR points.
- I lied about eating my cereal with the curdled milk. I ate the pieces that had the banana but then I threw away the rest because it looked completely unappetizing and made myself a PBJ instead. Part of the reason why I threw it away is that, as it was sitting there on the table near me on the patio, several black vultures landed in a nearby tree and were staring at me. I was wondering if many the smell of the curdling milk had attracted them (in which case their sense of smell is truly amazing because it didn't smell bad to me!) but then they all swooped down in the back neighbor's yard behind the fence so I guess something had died back there. I had gotten the whiff of something this weekend and thought that maybe someone had spread manure in their yard close by...
- I had been remiss in replying to blog comments since Friday so between last night and this morning I caught up on that! Thanks for commenting and sorry for being so late in replying! I'm also late in commenting on other blogs. Instead of doing that next, though, I replied to my brother and to my mom's emails. It always takes me much longer to type in French, both because the darn accents take 3 or 4 keystrokes and I always forget which ones, and also because my French plain sucks.
- I feel much better at almost 11 a.m., that Advil tablet really worked! Hmm, a little too well because now I'm feeling guilty that I'm not in full Domestic Monday mode! But it's lovely outside, I'm in the shade, there's a strong breeze blowing and I still feel tired from my restless night. I have my library book, maybe I'll do some reading while I eat lunch in a little bit...
- Ugh, between the house construction going on in the next block over, and some type of cleaning process going on in the house behind ours (I think someone is in the process of renovating the house to sell it), there suddenly is a lot of noise outside at 11:30 a.m. Bye-bye birdies, but even if I go back inside, I'll have to close all the windows on this beautiful day to minimize the noise. It's deafening, I'm not quite sure what they're doing but they're trying to talk over the noise at the same time, which is making it worse for me. Hell is others, my dear friends. I want to live away from others.
- So I went back indoors to eat lunch. I closed the back windows but it's barely blocking out the noise as they're now doing noisy yard work. I'm watching The Rockford Files on over-the-air TV while eating, and catching up on blogs too. My lunch is the last of the pumpkin soup made for Friday's dinner, an egg salad sandwich with the last hard-boiled egg from last week (it was a little yellow under the shell and smelled a little but sulfury but was fine to eat, a piece of string cheese and an Activia yogurt.
- Well, I'm glad I decided to be lazy and not do the laundry today as all the sand and dust being kicked off by the ride-on mower in the yard behind mine is drifting towards my house. My laundry would have ended up being all dirty again!
- I entered the Powerade code from the cap that I found in the woods yesterday in MyCokeRewards and earned 3 MCR points. Alas, I'm only at 181 points, which won't get me anything interesting. I could enter sweepstakes but I'll just wait to see if I find more caps by the deadline of March 22.
- I tracked our expenses from this weekend in my spreadsheets (Checkbook, Groceries & Eating Out, Other Expenses) so I'm ready when the credit card bills come in and so I know how much money we spent in each category. Knowing where your money is going, to the penny, is very important in order to make progress in your goals. I set aside our RaceTrac receipt to take the survey at a later date.
- I took a Panda Express survey with the receipt from my daughter's dinner on Saturday (I rated it all high as my daughter loves Panda Express) and received a survey reward code for a free entree with the purchase of a 2-entree plate. I'll give it to my daughter since she likes eating there.
- And then I took 2 Driscoll's surveys, as I have a backlog of berry containers from last year's purchases, and earned 2 more coupons for $1.00/1 Driscoll's berries. Our local strawberries have been on sale and I no longer go to SuperTarget for groceries, so I suppose I'll use the coupons to buy Driscoll's raspberries at Publix if they're on sale.
- I purged my coupon organizer of all expired coupons, which will save me time when I'm looking for particular coupons to match to Publix and CVS sales.
- For dinner, I cooked burgers and baked potatoes (I decided to keep the Caribbean Rice for another night). I skipped dinner myself as I had eaten chicken nuggets this afternoon (I was hungry!). So I packed the leftover burger and potato for Greg's lunch tomorrow.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Gas and tolls for Greg to commute to work, gas for me to drive my son to school in the morning.
- $20 in Kohl's Cash thanks to Discover Deals!
- A code for a free entree (with other purchase) at Panda Express after taking a survey
- Made my bed
- Fed the kittens
- Packed a lunch for Greg
- Prepped his breakfast
- Defrosted pumpkin bread
- Drove my son to school
- Aired out the house
- Worked on Swagbucks
- Redeemed Discover/Kohl's offers in my app
- Replied to emails
- Replied to blog comments
- Commented on blogs
- Tracked my receipts in my spreadsheets
- Took Customer Satisfaction surveys
- Purged my coupon organizer
- Fed the kittens
- Cooked dinner
- For being able to recuperate from the hike at home today
- For continued spring-like, lovely weather
Greg texted me a couple of pictures he took while walking around the pond in front of his office building at lunch time.
|A Mallard duck|
Did you do a lot of chores today?