Monday, March 27, 2017

Day Book: Monday 3/27/17



Outside my window... the sun is rising.  Everything is quiet in the neighborhood. A stray cat was hanging around our house so I chased him away. It's 7:30 a.m.

I am thinking... that I wish I could go back to bed because I'm tired. I didn't sleep very well.

I am thankful for... coffee in the morning!

From the learning rooms... I asked Youngest Son earlier today if he had any tests this week and he said no. He is going to an AP Human Geography Study Group session tomorrow after school and will find out if it's a weekly event now.  I've also tasked him to make an appointment with Guidance to find out which AP classes he can take as a sophomore next year.  My Daughter doesn't have any classes today and she had her BFF, the BFF's older sister and that girl's boyfriend are all going to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay today.  When my daughter went with her dad a couple of weeks ago, he had gotten the day pass that's good for the rest of the year, so it'll be free to her and the kids will split the parking fee. The older sister is driving.  I told my daughter to charge lunch to my Discover card.

From the kitchen... dirty dishes from this weekend and I still haven't done a menu for the week.  I also need to bake that banana bread that I've been saying I was going to bake for about a week!

I am wearing... black and turquoise cotton yoga capris, a burgundy T-shirt, and my walking shoes.  Comfy!

I am creating... a Dungeons & Dragons character!  Still writing its backstory and I need to update my stats from yesterday's game :)

I am going... possibly biking to the library today to see if they have coupon inserts, but probably not.

I am reading... I would like to start reading "So You Don't Get Lost in the Neighborhood" by Patrick Modiano. We'll see if that happens.  I've been reading Dungeons and Dragons manuals!

I am hoping... that I can leave the windows open for a while.  The temps will be higher this week, it's supposed to be 89F/31.6C on Thursday, ugh!

I am hearing... a rooster crowing in the distance and a Northern Cardinal chirping in my backyard right now!  A car is passing in the street down below my living room windows.

Around the house... I opened the windows so the cats are all positioned to listen to the birds and observe the squirrels and the stray cat that keeps walking around.  My Daughter is still asleep, I'm not sure at what time she's leaving. Greg just left for work and Youngest Son is at school.

One of my favorite things... my pedestal fan in my bedroom. It's old and falling apart but pretty quiet and still shields me from hearing Greg use the bathroom (next to my bedroom) at night and other ambient noises. Plus it keeps me cool, which is important since I have hot flashes quite often (and hot fuzzy kittens like to cuddle with me at night!).  I don't think I could sleep about my fan anymore!

A few plans for the rest of the week... my son is volunteering at the library and attending his Teen group activities as well as his AP Study Group.  Daughter is going to Bush Gardens and will drive her brother to the D&D Game on Sunday since I'll be hiking with Pixel!  I'm probably going to go grocery shopping tomorrow since we need bread and I'll be taking a bike ride with Daughter on Wednesday and probably having lunch in Mount Dora. Greg is driving to North Carolina on Friday to spend the weekend at his daughter's and visit his grandson.  I think I might try to go to the Lake Apopka Drive on Friday to take some bird pictures.  As I mentioned, Pixel and I will be meeting for the first time IRL and hiking a state park together on Sunday, I can't wait!

Here's the picture I'm sharing...

Tabby Kitten, trying to blend in my Daughter's bedroom so she doesn't realize that he's there and
kicks him out!

Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathalie!! I'm catching up a bit after my long break last week. I'm glad you've gotten so interested in D&D -- I think it's so cool that you are doing that together with your son. Have fun hiking with Pixel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura! I'm glad you had a long and somewhat restful break :) I'm enjoying the time spent with Youngest Son very much! It's nice to finally be able to speak about an interest we have in common!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture of Tabby kitty on the bookshelf! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!