Domestic Monday, why do you keep on coming back every darn week?! Ugh. I didn't sleep well so my energy level is low and right now, at 8 a.m., I really don't feel like doing any domestic tasks... or any tasks for that matter. It could be worse, though, I could be sitting in traffic somewhere or in a geometry class (like Youngest Son) so I'm going to quit complaining right now :)
I didn't do anything productive this weekend so I really need to try to catch up today, especially since the end of the month is near so it's kind of my last chance to try to accomplish some of my March goals.
TO DO LIST
Make menu for the weekDONE Defrost meat for dinnerDONE Do the laundryDONE Hang the laundry to dryDONE
- Fold the laundry
- Put the laundry away
Bake banana breadDONE
- Declutter the printer stand
- Do the shredding
- Refill the self watering bins
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift
- Take Youngest Son to get a haircut
- Clean bathroom ceiling
- Clean hallway ceiling right outside the bathroom
Order longer handle for rubber broom (47 in, 1 in)- No need anymore, I reused an old one :) Make my bedDONE Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE Input weight into WHBRHCDONE
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)
- Vacuum Youngest Son's bedroom
- Put one mattress away in his room
- Take one mattress and the bed to the thrift store
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
- Do my foot exercises 2X
Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only) Clean upstairs litter boxDONE
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- Take RaceTrac surveys
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Schedule an outing to P.E.A.R. Park and ask them about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
- Go to airport to cash in my euros?!
- Mend sliding door window screen
- Plant and water the tree
- Water the pineapples
- Add water to indoor pineapples - I think I might compost them. I really don't want to plant them, after all, and I don't have anyone to give them to.
- Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
- Download all February pictures from phone, Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drive
Reply to blog commentsDONE Clip new couponsDONE Put coupons awayDONE
- Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- File all the pending documents
- Use brush on fridge coils
- Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
- Prep March Food Expenses post in progress
Update my D&D character's statsDONE
- Sweep kitchen
- Vacuum living room
- Get Youngest Son to sign up for French I on FLVS
- Check if Youngest Son made Guidance apt to ask for start date after AP exam (May 11).
SUCCESSES and FAILURES
- Youngest Son packed a lunch to take to school and I packed a lunch for Greg to take to work.
- I drove Youngest Son to school and reminded him to make an appointment with Guidance to get the list of AP classes available to him next year so he can start planning his Sophomore year.
- I opened the windows to air out the house.
- I realized that Swagbucks never credited me with "pending credit" Swagbucks for my mattress purchase on Amazon last week. They do show the purchase but without any SB attached to it. After investigation, I cannot file a complaint until 30 days after the purchase, so I scheduled a reminder in my calendar with appropriate screenshots as supporting documentation. Grrr. It's 1,281 SB so I'll be pissed if I don't get them!
- The automatic videos are working today so I started them in hopes of earning a few more SB. My 1st daily goal is 40 SB today. I'm only at 530 SB, I've earned almost nothing this month!
- I did one super load of laundry in cold/cold. I should be able to hang most of it outdoors and only use the dryer for a few items like Greg's Tshirts and a bath towel.
- I reused a newspaper plastic sleeve to gather and dispose of the contents of the litter box upstairs.
- I noticed that a Pink Lady apple was all bruised so I pulled it out of the fruit bowl. Later on, I'll dehydrate it.
- Zinio had emailed me yesterday that a couple of magazine issues were available to read online for free via my library so I checked them out. I'll be getting the actual copy of Kiplinger's in the mail (free subscription) in a few days so I'll probably wait until I have the real deal to read it.
- We'll soon be able to receive emails from the post office with pictures of what mail we can expect in our mailbox in the next couple of days. I'm not sure that this is the best use of USPS resources. I mean, they're hemorrhaging money. The article doesn't mention whether we'd have to pay for this service or not. Is this something that would be useful to you? I rarely get any real mail anymore so I don't think it would be useful to me. I'd rather UPS stop pretending they can't find my house once in a while :)
- I entered my weight into Walgreens' BRHC for the past 2 days (although I'm still using the weight from the last time I weighed myself because I've been cowardly avoiding the scale!) and earned 40 BR points.
- I checked our Amex account to see if I could order a $100 CVS gift card with our rewards, but we still sit at $95.xx. I'm never too clear on when the next Rewards hit, they never seem to hit when the new statement has been issued.
- I did, however, enroll us in a couple of promotions that we probably won't be participating in, but just in case: an offer for statement credit of $10 when spending $50 at Advance Auto Parts, and a $20 statement credit when spending $100 at Country Inns and Suites. Sadly, that offer ends before Daughter and I will be going on our Summer trip :(
- I stretched the milk by adding 1/2 gallon of water to 1/2 gallon of whole milk.
- I hung most of the laundry outside on a laundry rack and used the Auto Moisture Sensing setting on the dryer for the rest of it.
- I baked 4 small loaves of chocolate chip banana bread with 7 very brown bananas that I had kept in the fridge. I'll leave one out for today's snacks and freeze the others.
- I also defrosted meat for the week: ground beef, a ham steak, chicken breasts, chicken chipotle sausages, smoked turkey sausage,
and I'll also use tilapia that I won't defrost until the day I plan on using it. I kind of made a menu in my head as I was pulling the meat out of the freezer. That's half the work done already :) I realized that since Greg was going to be gone on Friday and Saturday evenings, the kids and I can just have easy dinners such as Breakfast for Dinner (which he's not a big fan of) so scratch the tilapia, we'll have pancakes instead. Woohoo! A small perk of Greg's trips is not to have to work too hard on what to cook. And after I published and printed my menu, I realized that I had a wedge of raclette cheese that really needed to be used up and the kids and I like raclette more than Greg does, so I changed my plans again and decided to make raclette on Friday night. Woohoo!
- I earned 25 KFR points by entering bonus code ILUVBBALLRECIPES into my Kellogg's Family Rewards account.
- I worked on my shopping list. Trying to decide what to buy at Walmart, even if it'll be free with the Swagbucks gift cards, is always difficult for me!
- I printed a Gold'n Plump chicken coupon they emailed me. I no longer shop at SuperTarget so I probably won't use it, though.
- My daughter was picked up by her friends to go to Busch Gardens at about 11 a.m. Since the park closes at 6 p.m. and it takes them a little over an hour to get there, they won't have much time there. Good thing they'll be splitting the $20 parking fee four ways :)
- Instead of biking to the library today, I decided to ride my recumbent bike at lunch time. I prepared my lunch (leftover rice from this past week and leftover red beans stew from a couple of weeks ago now, and I put some shredded mozzarella on top) and ate it while I biked, while also watching "Forensic Files" on Netflix.
- So I biked for 37 minutes (5.79 miles). Meanwhile, I watched 2 episodes of "Forensic Files" and also flipped through several old issues of Kiplinger's (free subscription) and Better Homes and Gardens (donated freebies from the library) and pulled the articles & recipes that I wanted to keep. Sigh, more paperwork to file, lol!
- I had left my laptop open so the automatic Swagbucks videos were still playing and I reached my 1st SB Daily Goal, woohoo! I won't even try to get to the 2nd Goal (over 100 SB), but since I'm about to clip coupons and put them away in my organizer, I figured that I'd keep playing the videos in the meantime.
- I finally got around to measuring how long I wanted my broom handle to be for the rubber broom head that I had bought in France back in 2015. I had previously reused an old broom handle that was too short and really made my back hurt when I used that broom. Then I went on the Ace Hardware website to order a new broom handle. I was about to pull the trigger and complete the transaction, when I decided to make sure, once again, that I didn't have a spare handle to use... and I did! It's not as long as I'd like it to be but it's definitely longer and I think it'll work. The threading didn't match so I used (once again!) duct tape to attach the 2 parts.
- My new mattress was delivered and it was heavy so I asked Youngest Son, who had just come home from school, to help me carry it upstairs. I need to take apart my twin size bed and also figure out what to do with the 2 extra twin-size mattresses. Update: I think I'll be able to store them under Youngest Son's platform bed (after I declutter and clean underneath).
- So I went ahead and took my bed apart and brought it down on the front porch. I think that I'll donate it to Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I don't know if they'll take the mattresses too, I'll have to ask. Right now they're on their side against one of the walls of my tiny bedroom. I'm afraid the kittens will get on them and get crushed, though.
- I did keep the large sheet of plywood that was under the mattress. It's sitting outside Greg's shed right now.
- I unpacked my mattress and it's now just sitting on the floor. The instructions say to let it "inflate" for 48 hours for optimum size, but I'll sleep on it tonight. I've tried it and it's pretty comfortable. Firm but not as firm as I expected, probably because it's not fulling "inflated" yet. I put the clean sheet that I had bought at the thrift store on it and again the pockets are for a deeper mattress. For now it'll work.
- I found 11 cents under my mattress, yessssss!
- I broke my silver chain - again - when it got caught on the laundry rack as I was getting the dry laundry off it. Arrgh. I don't think it can be fixed! I just bought that right before Christmas, darn it. Maybe if I had a small soldering kit?
- My son walked to the library and back for his volunteering shift.
- Well it looks like I've reached my SB 2nd goal despite myself (I let the videos play all afternoon). Woohoo!
- I was able to request a free sample of Rachael Ray Indoor Complete Cat Dry Food. (dog food sample available as well).
- Dinner was hamburgers and corn on the cob. I split the meat into 5 so I can have a burger for Greg's lunch tomorrow and had mine on a Sandwich Thin so he can have the last bun with it. I had organized the dirty dishes into huge piles again so we used paper plates.
- I should have done the dishes earlier in the day. Now I'm tired so I'll do them first thing in the morning.
- Greg watched a few episodes of "Seinfeld" after dinner.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Tolls for Greg's commute
- Lunch for daughter at Busch Gardens (about $7.00)
- I borrowed 2 e-magazines from our library system.
- I found 11 cents :)
- Fed the kittens
- Packed a lunch for Greg
- Prepped his breakfast
- Drove Youngest Son to school
- Finished my post from yesterday
- Wrote my Day Book
- Worked on my To Do List
- Cuddled with a kitten :)
- Investigated a missing Swagbucks credit
- Started the laundry
- Made my bed
- Cleaned the upstairs litter box
- Worked on Rewards programs
- Borrowed 2 magazines from library
- Ran dehumidifier in bathroom
- Hanged the laundry outside and used the dryer too
- Baked banana bread
- Stretched the milk
- Defrosted meat for the week
- Made my dinner menu for the week
- Posted and printed it
- Worked on my shopping list
- Printed some coupons
- Clipped all coupons
- Set aside coupons for BFF and SLAL thrift store
- Put away all coupons
- Decluttered coffee table
- Located and reattached a new handle to my rubber broom head
- Moved new mattress up to my bedroom
- Took down my twin size bed
- Unpacked my new mattress
- Brought the dry laundry in
- Cooked dinner
- Replied to blog comments
- Commented on blogs
- For Explorer's cuddles :)
- That my daughter's friend were safe drivers so she made it back home safely
- For a new mattress! Hopefully I'll sleep better now.
|My roses are really blooming!|
|And my hibiscus had a lot of blooms today :)|