Friday, March 31, 2017

Food Waste Friday ~ 3/31/17



  • About 1/4 cup of mixed vegetables, because I had neglected to put those leftovers away.








    • We ate the leftovers.

    • I made banana bread with 7 very very brown bananas. 

    • I used powdered goat milk to make pancakes.  This is the powdered goat milk left over from when I was hand-feeding the newborn kittens. It was expensive so I don't want to throw it away!

    • I finally defrosted a loaf of gluten-free bread and a package of gluten-free hamburger buns that had been in my freezer for several years. If they're not freezer burned, I intend to use them as "regular" bread.  

    • I also defrosted a package of gluten free chia chocolate chip cookies that were also several years old and I ate them :)

    • I have lots of regular hot dog buns that I defrosted. They're falling apart so I will try turning them into bread pudding this weekend.
    I'd love to hear how YOU did this week! Feel free to post links back to your own Food Waste Friday posts in the comments.


    This post was inspired by Kristen at The Frugal Girlwho started blogging about her food waste back in 2008.

    2 comments:

    1. You did well with all the stuff you saved! They make up for the little bit of mixed veg. you had to toss. I tossed part of a bag of spinach that my daughter had brought down when she last visited - they had gone from being wilted to starting to get slimy! I was going to sauté them and freeze them, but didn't! "Lunch Time" Bless (who's all excited about getting play "prove you are not a robot" again! Woo hoo! :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm glad you enjoy playing those silly games, hahaha. I moderate comments so you'd think they wouldn't bother trying to figure out if you're a robot? I'm sorry you had to compost your spinach. I love spinach but it does go bad quite fast, doesn't it?

        Delete

    Anything you'd like to add? Share away!