Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March Goals


These are the goals that I plan on working on in March. A lot of them will be recurring throughout the year, but I do want to list them so I don't forget about them.  I will hold myself accountable by posting the progress and/or results at the end of each month.

The goals are not listed in any particular order of importance. I need to work on all of them.  I know it's a lot. It's a lot less than I was planning on listing!

PERSONAL GOALS
  1. Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
  2. Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
  3. File all the pending documents
  4. Call my mom
  5. Write a letter or card to my great aunt
  6. Schedule lunch with Middle Son
  7. Schedule outing with Daughter
  8. Schedule outing with Youngest Son
  9. Go on a walk every weekend with Greg
  10. Visit at least 2 new state parks, with or without Greg
  11. Have lunch or visit with each of my two IRL friends
  12. Lose 5 lbs (weight goal: 211.6 lbs)
  13. If/when we go out to eat, drink only water and order salads and other low-calorie meals
  14. Drink at least 32 oz of water a day
  15. Exercise on my recumbent bike every week night for at least 35 minutes
  16. Input all my food intake in MyFitnessPal
  17. No screens past 11 p.m.
  18. Set a 15 minute timer everyday and try to do as many housework chores as possible during that time
  19. Do the dishes every night after dinner 
  20. Mop/fake mop the kitchen once a week 
  21. Vacuum or sweep the rest of the house once a week
  22. Wash kitchen windows
  23. Use brush on fridge coils (last done on 2/28) 
  24. Read at least one book
  25. Scrub patio pavers with bleach on a cool day (wear old clothes!)
  26. Replace self-watering bins (spend less than $50 total on soil)
  27. Water the garden once a week when it hasn't rained
  28. Turn the compost bin at least once
  29. Have Greg unhook the hose from the house and set it up with new hose reel!
  30. Wipe old laptop of confidential/personal information
  31. Keep French blog updated
  32. Schedule dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
  33. Have Greg start giving our son driving lessons on the Focus
  34. Back up the external drive to its own external drive
  35. Inventory the pantry
  36. Inventory the freezer

FINANCIAL AND FRUGAL GOALS
  1. Add $166.66 to our Emergency Fund
  2. Earn at least one $25 gift card in Swagbucks
  3. Earn two $5 gift cards in Microsoft Rewards
  4. Continue to try to spend only $50 per week for groceries
  5. Continue avoiding going out to eat: pack picnics, plan meals taking into account what's going on on certain days and how I'm likely to be feeling about cooking on those days
  6. When eating out/ordering in drink water and order low-cost, healthier foods
  7. NO MORE THAN ONE COOK'S NIGHT OUT this month!
  8. Buy fewer snacks
  9. Continue to track all expenses in my spreadsheets
  10. Report all expenses on the blog, daily
  11. Continue avoiding food waste as much as possible and reporting on Food Waste every Friday
  12. Continue to try to purchase as many items from the thrift store as possible
  13. Calculate our Net Worth on 3/1
  14. Confer with Greg to see how we will use our tax return (I would like to send it to the mortgage company)
  15. Set dates and a budget for summer road trip
  16. Read the latest issue of Kiplinger Magazine
  17. Call my bank to combine the two IRA accounts
  18. Continue tracking Greg's paystubs in my spreadsheets
  19. Continue tracking all of our expenses
  20. Stay on top of RaceTrac surveys
  21. Continue passing on items and coupons to my BFF
  22. Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
  23. Call my bank to combine my 2 IRAs
  24. Investigate if can rollover Greg's old 401(k) into an IRA if he's already met the maximum of IRA contributions for the year

5 comments:

  1. Your list is long, but some of them might be pretty quick to finish, right? I've noticed that items on my list kind of fall into two categories -- tasks and projects. The tasks can be completed pretty quickly while the projects are more time consuming or may even be ongoing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasks and Projects! I love this, thanks for pointing it out!

      Delete
  2. Good list of goals, Nathalie. I know you'll get most, if not all, crossed off by the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really in awe of your goals and lists. That's my big downfall...I'm so busy, I think I'm too busy to make lists and get organized. I muddle through and think I'm doing OK, but if I had lists and got organized, I might end up being less busy. Sigh. I need a kick in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, making a list is one thing, accomplishing the tasks that are on there is another. I'm, regrettably, already failing at a great deal of those this month :(

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!