I'm checking in to see how I did on my March Goals.
Analysis: A LOT OF BIG FAT FAILS, mostly centered around health goals. I've been in a huge slump since the end of January. I'm tsk-tsk'ing myself and yet not getting back on the darn horse.
Call my mom- sent her a postcard and emailed her several times Write a letter or card to my great auntWrote her a letter and sent her a postcard Schedule lunch with Middle SonHe came to visit and had dinner here. Schedule outing with DaughterBike Ride and lunch on 3/29; Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive and lunch on 3/31 Schedule outing with Youngest SonDONE, D&D on 3/11, 3/23 and 3/26 and St Augustine trip Visit at least 2 new state parks, with or without GregAlafia State Park on 3/5, Anastasia State Park on 3/20 Have lunch or visit with each of my two IRL friends No screens past 11 p.m.Success for most of the month! Wash kitchen windowsDONE *inside only, though Read at least one bookDONE "Heartbreak Hotel" by Jonathan Kellerman Turn the compost bin at least onceDONE Have Greg unhook the hose from the house and set it up with new hose reel!DONE
- Go on a walk every weekend with Greg Done on 3/5 and 3/18
- Keep French blog updated done on 3/3, no one seems to be reading it so I don't think I'll be as diligent. Maybe just use it to post pictures of the kids when I happen to take one.
- Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- File all the pending documents
- Lose 5 lbs (weight goal: 211.6 lbs) PUT ON WEIGHT SO BIG FAIL
- If/when we go out to eat, drink only water and order salads and other low-calorie meals FAIL I didn't order healthy food at all :( I did drink water most of the time, though.
- Drink at least 32 oz of water a day BIG FAIL
- Exercise on my recumbent bike every week night for at least 35 minutes ANOTHER BIG FAIL
- Input all my food intake in MyFitnessPal FAIL, FAIL, FAIL
- Set a 15 minute timer everyday and try to do as many housework chores as possible during that time NOPE. I did do chores in spurts but didn't set the timer even once.
- Do the dishes every night after dinner Sigh. FAIL
- Mop/fake mop the kitchen once a week Arrgh FAIL.
- Vacuum or sweep the rest of the house once a week Hmm, FAIL again.
- Use brush on fridge coils (last done on 2/28)
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach on a cool day (wear old clothes!)
- Replace self-watering bins (spend less than $50 total on soil) I'm not gardening this year so there's no rush although I do want to get rid of the broken bins once the plants in them finish producing the straggling veggies so I'm reporting this to April.
- Water the garden once a week when it hasn't rained I watered the pots a couple of times but that was it. And it rained only 2 days, I think.
- Wipe old laptop of confidential/personal information
- Schedule dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Have Greg start giving our son driving lessons on the Focus. Asked him repeatedly, he still hasn't done it.
- Back up the external drive to its own external drive
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezer
FINANCIAL AND FRUGAL GOALS
Add $166.66 to our Emergency FundDONE Earn at least one $25 gift card in SwagbucksDONE Continue to try to spend only $50 per week for groceriesDONE. On average, I spent less than $50 out of pocket per week on groceries alone this month. Continue to track all expenses in my spreadsheetsDONE Report all expenses on the blog, dailyDONE, when I blogged daily. Calculate our Net Worth on 3/1DONE Confer with Greg to see how we will use our tax return (I would like to send it to the mortgage company)DONE We will be sending it to the mortgage Read the latest issue of Kiplinger MagazineDONE Continue tracking Greg's paystubs in my spreadsheetsDONE Continue tracking all of our expensesDONE Continue passing on items and coupons to my BFFI saved a few coupons for her and some cat food samples, but I haven't given them to her yet.
- Earn two $5 gift cards in Microsoft Rewards Earned one on 3/17, getting closer to the 2nd one.
- Continue avoiding going out to eat: pack picnics, plan meals taking into account what's going on on certain days and how I'm likely to be feeling about cooking on those days. I was mostly good at cooking dinner and we did bring a picnic with us when we walked about half the time. But we socialized a lot, either with other people or with our kids, this month!
- When eating out/ordering in drink water and order low-cost, healthier foods - hmm, how did this goal get into both categories? See the other one.
- Buy fewer snacks I bought fewer snacks than in the past but still too many, I think.
- Continue avoiding food waste as much as possible and reporting on Food Waste every Friday. I had more food waste than I wanted to have, but I did report on it faithfully.
- Continue to try to purchase as many items from the thrift store as possible Added several items to my wishlist and purchased several items from the thrift store, including some on my wishlist such as a new pair of shorts, a casserole dish, a lamp fixture (which ended up being too small, though), a sheet.
- Set dates and a budget for summer road trip Dates have been set but trip might not take place at all if my daughter gets a summer job.
- Investigate if can rollover Greg's old 401(k) into an IRA if he's already met the maximum of IRA contributions for the year. Did the research, need to discuss with Greg and have him call Vanguard to make it happen.
- NO MORE THAN ONE COOK'S NIGHT OUT this month! Failed. I had two of those.
- Call my bank to combine the two IRA accounts (somehow I had this on my original list twice). I didn't call even once. I hate making phone calls and it just doesn't seem like a big deal right now.
- Stay on top of RaceTrac surveys Not really, I took surveys but not every day and I have a big backlog.
- Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV. I need to coordinate a day with Greg when he can work from home so I can schedule the appointment for that day.