Monday, March 27, 2017

This Week's Dinner Plans: Monday 3/27 through Sunday 4/2, 2017


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...


I've already defrosted all the meat for the week.  Greg will be gone this weekend so the kids and I will have an easy and tasty Breakfast for Dinner on Saturday night, which will allow me to use up the bacon that I still have in the fridge and some more of the powdered goat milk.

I should plan on cooking more vegetables, but I've been wasting some produce lately so I want to limit what I'm buying for now as I'm feeling less ambitious in my cooking.  I do have a package of baby portobello mushrooms in my fridge that I just realized I didn't plan on using this week... hmm I might make Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms for lunches this week.

MONDAY:  Cheeseburgers and Corn on the Cob with Spinach Mandarin Salad
  • From the freezer: ground beef
  • From the pantry:  canned mandarins
  • From the fridge: hamburger buns, spinach, sliced almonds, blue cheese crumbles, American cheese slices, homemade refrigerator zesty pickles, condiments, corn on the cob
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  toast the almonds
  • Need to buy:  nothing

TUESDAY:  Grilled Smoked Turkey Sausage and Cheese Ravioli, Green Beans
  • From the freezer: Cheese Ravioli
  • From the pantry:  Marinara sauce, can of green beans
  • From the fridge: smoked turkey sausage
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in Crockpot with Rolls
Recipe from Crockpot Recipe Classics, p 43
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  Russet potatoes, can cream of mushroom soup, homemade Chicago Steak Seasoning
  • From the fridge: ham steak
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:   ** crockpot recipe**  ** Make rolls in breadmaker**
  • Need to buy: grated cheddar cheese

THURSDAY:  Roasted Chicken Breasts and Mashed Potatoes with Side Salad and Rolls
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  potatoes, jar of turkey gravy, Ten Things Farm Seasoning
  • From the fridge: Chicken breasts on the bone, milk, butter, leftover rolls
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  **cook potatoes in advance**
  • Need to buy:  lettuce, cucumber

FRIDAY: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches & Soup
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: 
  • From the fridge: Black Forest Ham, American cheese slices, butter, bread
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  nothing
  • Need to buy:  American cheese slices

SATURDAY:  Breakfast for Dinner!
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: flour, baking powder, sugar, syrups
  • From the fridge: eggs, powdered goat milk, bacon
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  breakfast sausages, eggs

SUNDAY:  Grilled Chipotle Chicken Sausages, Rice and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry:  white rice
  • From the fridge: chipotle chicken sausages, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: cucumber

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

2 comments:

  1. All very yummy sounding meals, Nathalie. I don't know what I will be making this week, but I have some browned ground beef on hand, frozen battered fish fillets, a frozen cooked chicken breast, etc., so, I'll probably eat those with sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't be meal planning either if I lived alone. Just cook one big batch of something on Sunday and then eat it all week. Or eat out every day if I could afford it :)

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!