Tuesday, March 7, 2017

This Week's Dinner Plans: Monday 3/6 through Sunday 3/12, 2017


Each week I peek in my fridge, freezer, and garden, to see what needs to be used up and I take a couple of minutes to think of ways to use up those ingredients in the next few days...

I'm late posting this because I've been procrastinating!  I have burgers on there twice since we got McDonald's take-out on Sunday so I cooked last week's burgers on Monday night and I'll cook burgers on Sunday night again because that's my Sunday go-to meal!

MONDAY:  Burgers and Baked Potatoes
  • From the freezer: Ground beef
  • From the pantry: potatoes, homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning, hamburger buns
  • From the fridge: butter, cheese slices, condiments
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

TUESDAY:  Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: meatballs, garlic bread
  • From the pantry:  spaghetti, pesto
  • From the fridge: butter, grated Parmesan cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: nothing

WEDNESDAY: Coriander-Crusted Salmon and Rice with Steamed Asparagus
  • From the freezer: nothing
  • From the pantry: ground coriander, salt, pepper, EVOO, white rice, asparagus
  • From the fridge: butter, Parmesan cheese
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: 
  • Need to buy:  salmon

THURSDAY: Chicken Pot Pie and Side Salad
  • From the freezer: Look to see if there is a pie crust patty left
  • From the pantry: 1 can green peas, gravy
  • From the fridge: leftover vegetables, carrots, leftover chicken meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance:  **Might need to make pie crust**
  • Need to buy: nothing

FRIDAY:  Spicy Black Bean Soup with Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
  • From the freezer: chicken stock
  • From the pantry: 3 cans black beans, 1 can corn, 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies, cumin, red pepper flakes
  • From the fridge: bread, butter
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy: Black Forest ham, American cheese slices

SATURDAY:  Chicken Calypso with Caribbean Rice
  • From the freezer: skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • From the pantry: Total Seasoning, molasses, Asian sweet chili sauce, EVOO, box of Zatarain's Caribbean rice
  • From the fridge: cilantro herb paste, butter, lime juice
  • Need to harvest: green onions
  • Need to make in advance: **let the chicken thighs marinade**
  • Need to buy: nothing

SUNDAY:  Burgers and Fries, with Side Salad
  • From the freezer: ground beef, frozen fries
  • From the pantry: hamburger buns, homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • From the fridge: cucumber, tomato, dressings
  • Need to harvest: nothing
  • Need to make in advance: nothing
  • Need to buy:  American cheese slices, blue cheese crumbles, lettuce

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

5 comments:

  1. You always come up with yummy sounding meal plans! But I keep expecting to see some French sounding dishes, although my knowledge of French cuisine is pretty limited. What would be a typical French weekday dinner? Do you make French food for your family?

    As for me, I've more or less given up making a meal plan! It's just me and whatever is in the fridge/freezer/pantry that I feel like eating! :D I do have some salad stuff that I need to finish, so maybe I'll have salads this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint you, Bless, hahaha! I never cooked when I lived in France (well, spaghetti, that sort of things but nothing more complicated than that) so you'll never see any French dishes on my menu because I just wouldn't know how to cook them! My mom was a pretty bad cook herself (but thought she was a good one) so I can't even think of a typical French dish that we would eat at home. We ate pasta (with butter and grated Gruyère on it), veggie soup, lentils (my stepdad cooked those), French toast, roasted chicken with fries on the weekend... for more "unusual" fare (as far as Americans are concerned) sometimes we had horse burger patties, rabbit stew, tongue, kidneys, liver... oh yuck (although the horse burgers were tasty!).

      Delete
  2. These all sound wonderful! I'm especially interested in the coriander-crusted salmon and the Calypso chicken. Have you made them before? Can you share the coriander-crusted salmon recipe?

    I think I would have everything on hand to make the chicken except the Total Seasoning, so I'm going to print that out. I'm on the hunt for interesting ways to make chicken now that I have 40lbs in the freezer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have made both before and they're delectable! I did link to the Calypso Chicken recipe in my post (just click on the title) but be warned that it's made with chicken thighs, not chicken breasts. Here is the recipe for the Coriander Crusted Salmon, I forgot to link to it. It's also from Publix Apron. Their recipes are usually delicious!

      For the seasoning, I use Badia's Complete Seasoning. This lady has a copycat recipe of the seasoning but I've never tried it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I saw that it called for chicken thighs, although I noticed that the photo on the recipe card showed some chicken breasts. I think I can probably adapt it as long as I pay attention to the cooking time. The fish looks excellent, too!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!