I'm late starting this post (it's 9:25 a.m.) because I had to finish and post yesterday's post first: burnt thumb pads didn't allow me to do that last night. They feel much, much better this morning, thankfully!
I'm very late publishing and replying to blog posts and even later commenting on other blogs. I'm so sorry! Sometimes, you don't feel like being very social, you know? I think
TO DO LIST
Defrost meat for dinnerDid it a couple of days ago Start crockpotDONE Clean upstairs bathroom sink and mirror, and toiletDONE
- Scrub the bathtub
- Research state parks to visit this weekend
- Declutter the printer stand in progress
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift - Not going to do it today since he's feverish :(
- Take Youngest Son to get a haircut - Greg is going this weekend, I'll have him take Youngest Son with him
- Clean bathroom ceiling
- Clean hallway ceiling right outside the bathroom
Make my bedDONE Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE
- Input weight into WHBRHC
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
- Unload dishwasher
- Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)
- Take mattress
and the bed to the thrift storeDONE. Dropped off bed and box of donations.
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
Do my foot exercises- my feet feel fine now so I'll take that off my list moving forward.
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
Wash all litter boxes completelyDONE
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
Take RaceTrac surveysDONE
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Ask Discovery Gardens staff about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
- Go to airport to cash in my euros - I will go drop off Greg at the airport next month and do it then
- Mend sliding door window screen - get cat resistant screening material?
- Plant and water the tree
- Go to CVS to pick up Diet Dr. Pepper - Will do on Saturday
- Water potted plants (berm, patio, near shed, front porch) every other day - Will do on Saturday
- Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
- Download all February and March pictures from Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drive
Reply to blog commentsDONE
- Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- File all the pending documents
- Use brush on fridge coils
- Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
- Try making yogurt in yogurt maker
- See if can mend Youngest Son former backpack straps
- Read a library book in progress
- Contact Juliet to schedule lunch this month
Preserve the peppers that are on my counterI used them on my pizza last night. Take cuttings of the basil and root themDONE
- Take cuttings of the jasmine and root them
- Ask to take cuttings of the neighbor's hibiscus and root them
- Sew headphones in place
- Add bleach to furnace line
- Print copy of insurance card and give to Youngest Son to put in his wallet
Fold laundryDONE Put laundry awayin progress
- Schedule credit card payments
- Add Drano to kitchen sink plumbing for preventative maintenance
- Take Youngest Son shopping for jeans and shorts
- Get new cushions for front porch swing from Target?
- Track Greg's new pay stub in my Tax Worksheet
- Put BFF's travel dates on my calendar (for airport run duty)
- Ask her to send me her itinerary with flight info
- Put Greg's travel plans on my calendar too
- Spray oven and clean it
- Take down 4 crumbling self-watering bins
- Re-mulch the newly empty spaces
- Mix more Chicago Steak Seasoning
- Mix more Ten Things Farm Seasoning
- Bake peanut butter sheet cake (Baking notebook for recipe)
- Order graduation announcements - Middle Son
SUCCESSES AND FAILURES OF THE DAY
- I "slept in" until 7:10 a.m. when I realized that it was bright outside and that I had 3 kittens in bed wit me. I figured it was around 9 a.m. and that Greg had gone to work, which might explain why Tabby Kitten was in bed with me, but no, he was still in bed as it was much earlier than I thought! So I got up, prepped his breakfast and packed his lunch after all :)
- My phone has sent me a warning that I was using almost all of the storage. What? So I checked and of course the latest update had downloaded itself again, which took all but 200 MB of the remaining space. I hate this, I wish they wouldn't do that. It doesn't install itself because I blocked it from doing that but I don't even want to get the freaking files! So I deleted the files, backed up my latest pictures to my laptop, deleted them from the phone, deleted some apps that I never use while I was at it and now I have 2G back on my phone. Phew!
- Then I worked on last night's post, which took a while as I had to finish typing it and then insert the pictures. Uploading them always takes a while because our "Spectrum" cable internet isn't all that fast.
- I was about to brew coffee when I remembered that I had the free large French Vanilla coffee from Wawa in the fridge so I have been sipping on that this morning. Yum!
- Youngest Son got up at about 9 a.m. He said he had a good night and that he's feeling fine, but he still feels warm to me and I know from experience that it'll get worse as the day goes on so I told him to take an Advil and that we wouldn't go shopping today as he needs to rest. He wasn't heartbroken! He's still coughing, too.
- I should be in my backyard enjoying the new flowers but I'm still in my PJs and it's comfy in the living room! I opened the windows so at least we can hear the birds.
- I'm not messing with SB today. I did the very minimal and we'll leave it at that, I don't have the patience!
- Redbox sent me a code for $1.25 off a movie. Greg, who hated the "new" Star Wars movie last year, whatever it was called, saw "Rogue One" when he was at his daughter's and said it was the best Star Wars movie yet. It's now available at Redbox so I'm going to ask my son if he wants to watch it today. He'll probably say no because he's decided that he hates all the new Star Wars movies, even those that he hasn't seen :) Update: he said "no thank you!" I knew it!
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards credits.
- Youngest Son came in a few minutes later to say that he had changed his mind and he did want to watch "Rogue One"! So I got dressed really quickly and then decided that while I was upstairs, I might as well make my bed, scrub the bathroom sink and toilet and clean the litter box up there. Only it really needs to be washed so I took it outside and I'll be washing all 4 litter boxes today.
- I checked the Redbox site to see if the movie was even available near us. It said it was. I told Youngest Son that I also wanted to go drop off the bed at Habitat for Humanity ReStore since it's just a couple of miles away. So we drove to the Redbox kiosk that was supposed to have the movie. Only it didn't, so I guess someone snatched it while we drove there. Grrr. We decided to check the Publix kiosk. I tried using my Redbox app but it wanted me to update it first. Grrr, again. I did. It said they had it, so we started driving there. I was thinking that maybe someone would grab it since school is out today so I told my son to use my phone to reserve it via the app, hoping that I could still use the promo code. Only it wanted us to log in to the app. I couldn't remember my password and my son couldn't find it on my phone. At a traffic light I found it and told him to enter it. He couldn't make it work! By that time, we were very close to Publix so I said "never mind". Good grief. I should have just rented it on Amazon or something! I do have digital credits now that I think about it...
- Once at Publix, they did have the Blu-Ray version, which is what we wanted (some movies just beg to be watched in as high definition as you can!) so we rented it with the promo code and it ended up costing me 80 cents.
- I got a new lottery ticket for the next 20 drawings, a little game of chance for me. You don't win if you don't play. In my case, I don't win even when I DO play but that's besides the point :)
- I offered my son to get him something from the bakery since he's not feeling well and school is out and it's Easter (which we don't celebrate) this weekend. Plus I was hungry :) Rice Krispies don't fill me up the way they used to! He decided on a box of custard-filled Long John's ($2.99 for 4). I charged it to Amex for 3% back in Rewards.
- I knew my daughter wouldn't want those and I didn't want to pay over $4.00 for muffins, so we stopped by RaceTrac and I redeemed a survey reward code for a free blueberry muffin for her.
- I thought Youngest Son would want to watch the movie when we got home, but he decided to wait until tonight so Greg can watch it with us again. Good, now I can tune out if I don't like it since he'll have someone else to discuss the movie with. My daughter has no interest in anything Star Wars-related.
- I just remembered that I didn't take the Wawa survey from yesterday's receipt, so I did and earned a coupon for a free any size hot beverage or fountain drink. I'll get a soda next week when I go shopping.
- Then I took two RaceTrac survey and earned 2 more survey reward codes for freebies. Woohoo!
- My daughter is going Prom dress shopping with her BFF and the BFF's mom. Her dad said she could spend up up to $100. I told her to remember to get shoes too. They're going to a dress shop in Winter Garden that doesn't even post prices online so my daughter doubts they'll have dresses under $100. Her problem is that she's very busty to regular store dresses rarely fit her, plus there are specific guidelines from the school which forbid more styles in vogue right now, according to her. I suggested she tries the thrift store but she didn't like the idea.
- Woah. I don't know what happened but suddenly I have a hard time reading the text on my screen! It's like I have some kind of spots in front of some letters but I don't actually see spots, I just can't see some of the words completely. I checked my glasses and there's nothing on them, I dimmed the display in case it's too bright and blinding me but it didn't help. If I look around, I'm not noticing any problems, just with the black text on white background. And it's moving from word to word as I turn my head so it's not my laptop screen either... I'm thinking about Sandie and the vision problems she started experiencing recently. It happened all of a sudden after I turned my head to talk to my daughter and it's making me a little woozy too... so odd. I hope it goes away! I tried switching to my other glasses but that's not helping. And now it's not a spit, it's like a curvy line made up of weird zig-zags and I can see it when I look at my keyboard too! And my ears are ringing a little bit. I think I'll turn off the laptop for a while.
- So I texted Greg about it and he suggested I might have been dehydrated or needing protein (since I had just had a donut). I ate lunch (leftover Mock Zuppa Toscana and a chicken sandwich, along with a piece of string cheese) and folded the laundry while watching TV. 30 minutes later, I checked my laptop again and this time the squiggly lines in my vision weren't there. Phew!
- At 1:15 p.m., I realized that I had completely forgotten to start dinner in the crockpot this morning. Arrgh! In order to save time, I just threw the pork loin into the crockpot with a bottle of BBQ sauce (I added some water to the bottle when it was "empty" and swirled it around to get all the BBQ sauce out). I'll cook for almost 6 hours on High and I'll probably serve it over hot rice.
- Rant of the day: he's also defunding libraries?! Good grief, isn't there anything that benefits all residents that this horrible administration isn't looking at destroying in this country?!? It's almost like they don't want the population to be better educated than they are, isn't it? Or educated at all, for that matter.
- I washed and refilled all 4 litter boxes and put a new piece of masking tape with today's date on each one of them so I remember when I last completely changed them out. Doing 4 is not much more work than doing one especially with the hose on "jet", they get cleaned up really fast. I don't bother with soap and scrubbing them.
- While I was outside I saw our next-door neighbors come home from the garden center with several rose bushes. We chatted about roses for a few minutes and I told them that I was excited that I would have more flowers to look at when I was outside, lol.
- I took a cutting of basil from one of my volunteer plants and set it in water in a recycled glass jar to root in a sunny window in the breezeway.
- Then I noticed that my hummingbird feeders were empty (they were almost full just 2 days ago, I guess wasps and hummingbirds were thirstier yesterday than they've been in a long time! So I refilled them and also made a new batch of nectar that I'll keep in the fridge once it's cooled off. I need to stock up on sugar and not just for baking! I also added a new layer of Vaseline to the poles to keep the ants off.
- The flowers on the berm are so pretty and colorful! It's a wonder what watering the verbena does... there were no flowers on the plants just a few days ago and now look! I put a reminder on my to do list to water the potted plants every couple of days as it's getting hotter and we still don't have any rain in the forecast.
- I had forgotten to prune the dead branches off the serrano pepper plant so I did that and took pictures of the garden.
|My pineapple empire. They are too yellow because they are not getting enough water. I might have to run the overhead sprinklers a couple of mornings a week.|
|My largest pineapple, about the size of a fist and a half right now.|
|Did I mention that Lowe's is selling pineapple plants for $15.98 a piece?! |
I just threw away 13 of them. I should have just sold them on the side of the road for $10 each!
|The serrano pepper that grew when I left serrano peppers rot in the bin last summer. It's flowering!|
|It's so dry, this will probably never become a lemon...|
|Nor this one. My orange tree doesn't seem to have any fruit developing either.|
|I put the small plant that I had gotten for free at the gardening festival last weekend into a|
slightly larger pot. I have to keep it outdoors since the kittens chew on everything.
- I cut a tiny branch of serrano pepper off by mistake so I'm going to try to root it... although I've grown serrano peppers from seed so I'm not sure if the rooting method will work. We'll see.
- I remembered that I wanted to order graduation announcements for Middle Son to send to my family in France but the picture I wanted to use is a screenshot of a self-portrait that he took and the file is too small. So I texted him to get the actual jpg. He said he'll look for it and I hope he finds it soon because the coupon I found for Tiny Prints (40% off graduation announcements) expires soon. Walgreens Photos has a coupon too but it expires even sooner (tomorrow!) and then I have to order 20 announcements, which is too many. I just need fewer than 10. Tiny Prints minimum order size is 10. I checked CVS and their coupon expires tomorrow too and they also only let you order them in sets of 20.
- I probably won't order any for my daughter since she's going on to UF for a few more years. I don't do announcements for high school. I only send them to my French family anyway and they don't send any presents. We don't celebrate graduations in France (at least not in my family!), but I'd still like them to know their nephew/grandson has finished his college studies in a semi-formal manner.
- I looked at the ad previews for CVS and Walgreens next week. Walgreens will have the Trolli candy on sale with a Register Rewards too so I'll get that for my son. CVS won't have the milk on sale :( I'm pondering whether I should get another gallon of it when I go tomorrow or if it'll go bad before we drink it. Walgreens will have the milk on sale for $2.99, which is cheaper than Aldi ($3.09) so if I do have to pay for it, I could just get it at Walgreens next week...
- My daughter went to lunch at Chili's with her BFF and the mom. I looked for a coupon but mine expired yesterday! Grrr, I told her to get whatever she wanted. She did find a dress at Ross and she said it cost $40. They're going to check the Ross in Clermont to see if she might be able to find a larger size, which she would prefer, and if so she'll return the first dress.
- If you like Auntie Anne's pretzels, make sure you download their app before 4/26 so you can receive a coupon (in the app) for a free pretzel to be redeemed that week in honor of National Pretzel Day!
- You know, I didn't really care about Carrie Fisher one way or another but seeing those little girls dressed like Leia (and not in the gold bikini, thank you!) in the tribute video just made me sob. And the violins, of course. Violins always make me cry.
- My daughter came home with the $40 dress. I like it! She didn't go to the 2nd Ross store, she may go next week. Her BFF's mom bought her lunch.
- After dinner, Greg, our son and I watched "Rogue One". Well, they did because I lost interest after maybe 5 minutes. I'm not really into science fiction and the stories are always too convoluted for me. I never understand what is going on.
- Tabby Kitten ate my serrano pepper cutting and dumped the water all over the countertop. Argh. He's in big trouble.
- 8:30 p.m.: my son is starting to feel sick again. He felt warm so I had him take another Advil :( This will probably will linger through the weekend. Greg and I told him we didn't think he should plan on going to play D&D on Sunday.
- 9:00 p.m. Princess got on the breezeway and knocked over the larger jar that contained the basil cutting. Water spilled everywhere. I went to chase her, slipped in the water (it's tiled floor) and fell flat on my back. Luckily, nothing was hurt but my pride. But I was pissed. Beyond pissed. It's time those kittens get trained in consequences. She's hiding from me now.
- I've identified a new-to-us state park for us to go hiking tomorrow, but it's 2 hours away. My daughter will be home so our son won't be home alone.
- Redbox: $0.80 (blu-ray rental)
- Publix: $2.99 (donuts)
- Blueberry muffin from RaceTrac (with survey reward code redemption)
- Upcoming: free pretzel at Auntie Anne's the week of 4/26 if you have their app
- My daughter got a free lunch!
- Fed all cats
- Prepped Greg's breakfast
- Packed his lunch
- Backed up photos from my phone
- Cleaned up space on my phone
- Finalized yesterday's post
- Checked on Youngest Son
- Worked on Rewards programs
- Watched a video from my younger brother
- Made my bed
- Scrubbed upstairs toilet
- Cleaned upstairs bathroom sink
- Took downstairs litter box to get washed
- Drove son to rent Rogue One
- Got snacks at Publix
- Dropped off donations at thrift store
- Picked up muffin for daughter
- Texted Greg
- Took Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Printed rewards
- Entered new receipts into spreadsheets
- Folded the laundry
- Put some of the laundry away
- Texted Greg
- Replied to blog comments
- Commented on other blogs
- Put more laundry away
- Washed and refilled all 4 litter boxes
- Chatted with neighbors
- Wash reusable bags that were blood-stained at Aldi
- Refilled hummingbird feeders
- Put new coating of Vaseline on poles and top of feeders
- Made new batch of hummingbird nectar
- Took a basil cutting and rooted it
- Rooted a serrano pepper cutting
- Pruned the tomatoes, installed one pant in a cage
- Pruned the serrano peppers
- Harvested tomatoes and peppers
- Texted Daughter
- Tried ordering graduation announcements for Middle Son
- Texted Middle Son
- Worked on my shopping list
- Cooked dinner
- Fed the kittens
- Pretended to movie with my family (but really didn't!)
Do you have big plans for the weekend?