I slept so much last night that I feel all discombobulated! After my two and a half hour nap in the late afternoon, I slept from 11 p.m. to 9:30 a.m. this morning and only got up because I wanted coffee!
It's now 11:16 a.m. and I'm feeling energy-less and tired! What gives?! I kicked the kittens out of my bedroom at 6:30 a.m. since they were playing and making too much noise, and then Explorer cried and cried outside my door and I didn't care and went back to sleep. They woke up Greg instead :) He was too tired to go fishing so he stayed home and read his book on his Kindle.
He and I had coffee this morning while listening to the Tony Bennett station on Pandora. I had meant to go sit outside with the birds, but suddenly it all seemed too far away, lol.
I'm posting my To Do List today only because I really need to do a couple of things so having it posted on my screen will (hopefully) nag me into doing them.
TO DO LIST
Defrost meat for dinnerDONE Make menu for the weekDONE
- Work on shopping list in progress
- Schedule trip to Trader Joe's (need whipped cream)
- Scrub the bathtub
- Research state parks to visit next weekend
- Declutter the printer stand in progress
- Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift - Not going to do it today since he's still feverish :(
- Take Youngest Son to get a haircut Greg tried but the salon was closed
- Clean bathroom ceiling
- Clean hallway ceiling right outside the bathroom
- Make my bed
Earn Microsoft Rewards creditsDONE
- Input weight into WHBRHC
- Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
Unload dishwasherDONE Do the dishes from the past few daysDONE
- Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER)
- Put mattress out with the trash (Tuesday morning)
- Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
- Back up external drive to its own external drive!
- Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
- Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike (weekdays only)
Clean upstairs litter boxDONE (very late last night)
- Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine
- Inventory the pantry
- Inventory the freezers
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
Take RaceTrac surveysDONE
- Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
- Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
- Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
- Ask Discovery Gardens staff about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
- Mend sliding door window screen - get cat resistant screening material?
- Plant and water the tree
- Water potted plants (berm, patio, near shed, front porch) every other day
- Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
Download all Februaryand March pictures from Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drivein progress Reply to blog commentsDONE
- Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
- Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
- File all the pending documents
- Use brush on fridge coils
- Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
- Try making yogurt in yogurt maker
- See if can mend Youngest Son former backpack straps
- Read a library book in progress
- Contact Juliet to schedule lunch this month
- Preserve the peppers and tomatoes that are on my counter
- Take cuttings of the jasmine and root them
- Ask to take cuttings of the neighbor's hibiscus and root them
- Sew headphones in place
- Add bleach to furnace line
Print copy of insurance card and give to Youngest Son to put in his walletDONE Schedule credit card paymentsDONE
- Add Drano to kitchen sink plumbing for preventative maintenance
- Take Youngest Son shopping for jeans and shorts
- Get new cushions for front porch swing from Target?
Track Greg's new pay stub in my Tax WorksheetDONE Input receipts into spreadsheetsDONE Put BFF's travel dates on my calendar (for airport run duty)DONE, need her itinerary
- Ask her to send me her itinerary with flight info emailed her to ask for it
Put Greg's travel plans on my calendar tooDONE Spray oven and clean itDONE Print couponsDONE Clip couponsDONE File coupons in organizerDONE
- Take down 4 crumbling self-watering bins
- Re-mulch the newly empty spaces
- Mix more Chicago Steak Seasoning
- Mix more Ten Things Farm Seasoning
- Mix Chili Seasoning for Friday
- Add zippered plastic bag to fanny pack to protect camera if it rains
- Bake peanut butter sheet cake (Baking notebook for recipe) - Daughter made the bunny cake instead
- Order graduation announcements - Middle Son Waiting for him to email me his picture
SUCCESSES AND FAILURES OF THE DAY
- I slept in! It was glorious!
- But now I have no energy. Zip. Coffee didn't help either.
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards credits and a few SB. I'm not bothering with the videos today, I'm over Swagbucks.
- Youngest Son said he "felt better" again this morning but he's still running a low-grade fever and coughing. Arrgh.
- I printed coupons via Swagbucks and Smartsource. I uploaded digital coupons to my CVS and Publix wallets.
- I received a notification from my McDonald's app that due to the Orlando City Soccer team scoring yesterday, I get a freebie today... so I checked and I have a coupon for a large fries, no purchase required but good only today. I might have to drag myself over there?? Note to self: they no longer require that we wear an Orlando City Soccer item to redeem the freebie so I ought to mail the T-shirt that I had bought for my little nephew to him!
- Greg ate leftover BBQ pulled pork and rice leftovers for lunch. I decided to have the last of the Mock Zuppa Toscana Soup with half a flat bread and half a papaya.
- I defrosted about 1.5 lbs of ground beef for making cheeseburgers tonight. I'll steam the ears of corn that I had bought at Aldi this week to go with it and there's also some salad leftovers.
- Greg took our son to get their hair cut at Great Clips. They each have a prepaid card (I had prepaid for several haircuts at $9.99 each instead of the $14 price tag in store) and I gave my son $2 in cash for the tip. I hope the salon is actually open since it's Easter! My app shows that the one in Clermont is closed but doesn't specify anything for ours. Update: they came home still looking shaggy as indeed the salon had been closed. Greg had forgotten it was Easter.
- They did stop by RaceTrac, where he bought the kids some Reese's candy, using a "buy two, get 1 free" coupon on his app, and he also topped off his gas tank. He got a receipt for the gas, but forgot to obtain one for the candy. Grrr. I could have gotten another freebie!
- In the meantime, I did all the dishes from the past few days, while watching 2 episodes of "Forensic Files" via Netflix on my Kindle Fire. At least I'm getting our money's worth from our subscription these days!
- I also scrubbed the oven that I had sprayed with oven cleaner a couple of nights ago.
- Earlier today my daughter had asked if she could make the Bunny Garden cake that I had asked her to make last week but I had said no since the oven hadn't been cleaned. I told her it was now clean but I'm not sure if she still feels like making the cake. Update: she's making it!
- Greg decided to go kayaking on the Palatlakaha River and invited me to come along but I just laughed. My exercise for the day had been doing the dishes. Now I was ready to just veg :) So he went on his own.
- I clipped all the coupons and put them away in my organizer.
- Then I tracked our latest expenses in my spreadsheets.
- I took Customer Satisfaction surveys that will allow me to get some freebies (two RaceTrac surveys and one Subway survey).
- I tracked Greg's latest paystub in my Tax Worksheet. $80 were automatically sent to our "New Car" savings account.
- Then I reconciled credit card statements and scheduled several payments online, on their due date.
- Lastly, I balanced our checkbook.
- I had forgotten to check the mail yesterday so I tried to retrieve it today. However, once again, the mailperson shoved the mail all the way against the door to my mailbox, blocking the locking mechanism, so I am unable to open the box and retrieve the mail! I wrote a note that I will stick on the mailbox tomorrow. Grrr. I don't understand why she can't put the mail into one of the parcel boxes (they are empty) and just leave the key to the parcel box in my mailbox when there is so much mail, or one of those sample boxes that barely fit in the box! It's really not brain surgery.
- The cake that my daughter made turned out great! The frosting was a little bit thin so the carrots and the grass wouldn't stay "in 3D" but it still looks way better than it would have had I made it!
- I looked into the fridge and the freezer and designed a menu for the upcoming week.
- I watched "Forensic Files" on Netflix all afternoon while doing my various paperwork tasks :)
- For dinner, I cooked cheeseburgers and corn on the cob. We had bunny cake for dessert and it was delicious! Just the right ratio of frosting to cake, IMO.
- After dinner, Greg and I watched a few episodes of "Seinfeld".
- RaceTrac: $21.48 for gas and unspecified amount for snacks
- McDonald's added a coupon for a free large fries to my app but it was only good for today.
- A free Reese's egg from RaceTrac (with purchase of 2) with a coupon from Greg's app.
- Brewed coffee for Greg and myself
- Cuddled with a kitten
- Worked on Rewards programs
- Caught up on news and blogs
- Recorded Greg's upcoming flights into my calendar
- Printed coupons
- Did the dishes
- Cleaned the oven
- Commented on a blog
- Replied to blog comments
- Clipped coupons
- Sorted coupons
- Tracked Greg's paycheck in my tax spreadsheet
- Input receipts into spreadsheets
- Scheduled bill payments
- Balanced the checkbook
- Tried to check the mail
- Cuddled with a kitten
- Printed insurance card for son
- Made a menu for the upcoming week
- Backed up all February pictures to the external drive
- Cooked dinner
- For a great night's sleep!
- For my daughter's willingness to make us a pretty cake :)
- For Greg coming home safely after his solo kayaking adventure
How was your weekend?