Friday, April 14, 2017

Coffee Date with a Friend and Shopping Trip ~ Thursday 4/13/17


I didn't sleep well, my period started a week early and I had horrible nightmares right before waking up.  So I wasn't in a great mood and a little disoriented when I got up.

My son has been coughing and not looking like he was feeling bad, and his dad asked him so much if he was sick that he started believing that he was. He didn't have a fever, though.  This morning he is still coughing and was feeling a little warm to the touch but it might have been because he had just woken up so I gave him some ibuprofen and told me to call me if he felt too bad to be in class. He's a really assiduous student so I don't think he'll take advantage of it, but you never know. He did have the flu shot so it's probably allergies or another virus, if anything at all.  I did email the Teen Librarian to let her know that he won't be having the D&D Club tonight, as a precaution.

Today is my coffee date with my BFF, we're meeting down in South Clermont at 8:30 a.m. After that, I'll do my grocery shopping. I don't feel great myself (cramps) so I think it'll be a short trip (Aldi, CVS, maybe SAL).

The kittens are really enjoying playing with their toys this morning!




TO DO LIST
  • Defrost meat for dinner Did it last night
  • Start crockpot I got a pizza at Aldi instead. I'll use the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner instead.
  • Put CVS and Aldi receipts in my wallet DONE
  • Return items to CVS and Aldi DONE
  • Enter receipts in all spreadsheets DONE
  • Clean upstairs bathroom sink and mirror, and toilet
  • Scrub the bathtub 
  • Research state parks to visit this weekend
  • Declutter the printer stand in progress
  • Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift - ON FRIDAY
  • Take Youngest Son to get a haircut - Greg is going this weekend, I'll have him take Youngest Son with him
  • Clean bathroom ceiling 
  • Clean hallway ceiling right outside the bathroom
  • Make my bed 
  • Earn Microsoft Rewards credits DONE
  • Input weight into WHBRHC  
  • Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
  • Unload dishwasher 
  • Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER) 
  • Take one mattress and the bed to the thrift store?
  • Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
  • Back up external drive to its own external drive!
  • Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
  • Do my foot exercises 
  • Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike  (weekdays only)  
  • Clean upstairs litter box  
  • Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine 
  • Inventory the pantry
  • Inventory the freezers
  • Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
  • Take RaceTrac surveys 
  • Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
  • Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
  • Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
  • Ask Discovery Gardens staff about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
  • Go to airport to cash in my euros - I will go drop off Greg at the airport next month and do it then
  • Mend sliding door window screen - get cat resistant screening material?
  • Plant and water the tree
  • Plant the Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow plant DONE
  • Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
  • Download all February and March pictures from phone, Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drive
  • Reply to blog comments  
  • Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
  • Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
  • File all the pending documents
  • Use brush on fridge coils
  • Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
  • Try making yogurt in yogurt maker
  • See if can mend Youngest Son former backpack straps
  • Read a library book in progress
  • Contact Juliet to schedule lunch this month
  • Preserve the peppers that are on my counter
  • Take cuttings of the basil and root them
  • Take cuttings of the jasmine and root them
  • Ask to take cuttings of the neighbor's hibiscus and root them
  • Sew headphones in place
  • Add bleach to furnace line
  • Print copy of insurance card and give to Youngest Son to put in his wallet
  • Fold laundry
  • Put laundry away
  • Schedule credit card payments


SUCCESSES AND FAILURES OF THE DAY
  • Youngest Son packed a lunch. I dropped him off at school, he'll take the bus home unless he calls me to come pick him up earlier than that.

  • I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work.

  • No sitting on the patio for me this morning as I have to leave early to go pick up my BFF.  Our date is at Wawa, as usual. We love their coffee plus it's free today!  I'll probably buy her breakfast there too.

  • My daughter hasn't heard back from the summer job that she had interviewed for. They had said they would make their decision earlier this week. So she plans on calling them today to ask about it. If she doesn't get it, she's leaning towards not applying for another one and then we'll still go on our road trip.

  • Swagbucks stiffed me for the NGage videos again this morning. Grrr.  However, they did acknowledge that I'll be getting SB for my 2 orders yesterday.


  • There's a new Weight Watchers magazine available for me to read for free, via my library, on Zinio.  When I first saw the notification email, I wasn't fully awake yet and I read the title as being "BONY PRIDE", lol.  I guess I'll peruse it, maybe it will kick me into going back on my diet (she says, before going out to breakfast at the gas station!). Well, I did peruse it and they only show "after" pictures instead of Before and After pictures. Those do nothing for me, those people look like regular people, not people who have lost weight. No inspiration there, whatsoever. I mean, good for them, but it does nothing for me.
  • I just remembered that I have coupons and cat stuff to give to my BFF so I'm putting those in my purse. So glad I didn't forget them!        

  • So I drove to my BFF's. I'm not sure why but there should was a lot more traffic today going my way than when I usually get there. It's easy to get frustrated by it, but for once I didn't and I actually was only 1 minute later than I had anticipated. Really not worth the energy to be frustrated! Today my BFF had indeed remembered that I was coming (unlike the drama from the last time when I thought she had been murdered!) and was waiting for me, lol.  She reminded me that I had forgotten my travel coffee mug there last time. I had completely forgotten about it!  I gave her the cat stuff and coupons and she was delighted.

  • So we drove to Wawa right by her house and, once again, marvelled at how much we enjoy meeting there. That station is quieter than the one I go to in Clermont so you can actually sit outside at one of the tables and not really feel like you're at a gas station.  The coffee (any size) was free, as advertised, to celebrate Wawa Day, so we each had a 24 oz coffee. I picked French Vanilla because it's my favorite there. Yum!  I bought up breakfast paninis. Mine was the Southwestern, I believe, I forget what she picked. Mine was so delicious and the OOP for both was only a little over $8. I paid with my Discover for 5% back in Bonus Rewards and I'll take the survey on the receipt for a new freebie (free any size fountain drink or any size hot beverage).  We chatted about our kids who are about to graduate from high school and who will both be attending UF, and our plans for the summer. She and her kids will be visiting her mom and stepdad who live in Canada, next month, and she asked if I may be able to drive them to the airport and pick them up so she wouldn't have to leave her car there for 2 weeks because it's so expensive. So of course I said "yes!" but I do need to check my calendar to be doubly sure. She's coming back the day before my departure date if my daughter and I do end up going on our trip. 

  • She and I had been salivating over the baked goods at Wawa too so she treated us to chocolate croissants!  Woohoo.

  • Before we left, she grabbed 2 more free  24-oz cups of coffee for herself and her husband tomorrow. I didn't want to drink anymore coffee today so I declined to get another.  Later on, I decided to stop by the Wawa in Clermont to get one for tomorrow morning's breakfast!

  • She had a lunch shift today so I drove her back home and then drove back to Clermont to do my grocery shopping/errands.  Here is what I did:
    • Aldi:
      • I was going to get a cart and load up the umbrella stand that I was returning and a gentleman was returning a cart so I hollered at him to ask if I could get his cart and he told me to keep the quarter because his cart already had a quarter in when he got it. Then he asked me to "pay it forward."
      • Once inside, I asked a cashier whether I should do the return first or do my shopping and do it all at once and she told me to do the latter.
      • I started my shopping and once in the aisle with the garden supplies I decided not to get the chaise cushion because I didn't like the style. I couldn't find the deck boxes but a clerk came right behind me with 3 of them so I asked her to let me have two. They took almost my whole cart.  So I had to try packing all the groceries around them, knowing that I would have to try and lift the heavy box containing the broken umbrella stand first.
      • I loaded up on more baking supplies such as flour, brown and confectioner sugar, another cake mix and more frosting. (note, the butter was still $1.99/lb at my Aldi and the sign didn't say anything about any limits, but I don't have room in the freezer for more. Also the eggs weren't on sale, which is surprising). I also got several produce items and double the amount of bananas that I usually get since Greg eats them too now and I wasn't buying any other fruit.
      • At the register, I gashed my pinky finger on a box and was bleeding all over my groceries as I was putting them on the counter.  I had a hard time reaching the groceries that had slipped under the deck boxes in my cart. as the boxes kept on falling back on me as I was trying to reach the cups of yogurt.  There were 3 men behind me and not only no one offered to help hold the boxes for me in place (i.e. standing up in the cart) so I could reach the groceries, but I caught the guy behind me (an older guy at that, so much for the older generation being more polite) rolling his eyes.  I told him "sorry!" very sarcastically as my cart rolled back towards him because the boxes were unbalanced and he gave me an unconvincing "it's OK" so I rolled my eyes back at him. Immature but come on, help me instead of just standing there!  Did I mention that I was bleeding all over the place?  No one offered a tissue or anything.  I didn't have one either. Anyhoo, the cashier told me he'd credit me on my total for the returned umbrella stand, but it's a good thing that I questioned whether he had indeed done that because he hadn't.  So my OOP ended up being $126.96 and I charged it to Amex for 3% back in Rewards.  Non-food items included more cat litter, toilet paper, and the deck boxes for $101.80 so my food items were $25.16.  Back home, I submitted 2 MobiSave rebates for $0.20 off pretzels and $0.10 off mushrooms and 1 Checkout 51 rebate for $0.25 off tomatoes.
      • As I was leaving the store, I was so steamed about the fact that no one had shown any concern or tried to help at all (not even the cashier) that I thought "Screw paying it forward, I'm keeping the darn quarter!".  But after I loaded up the car, I felt bad.  I saw a couple walking behind me towards Aldi so I offered them my cart but they declined and said that they didn't need one so I thought "well, I tried!" and returned the cart and kept the darn quarter. 
A quarter for my trouble!

Food items from Aldi
    • Wawa:
      • By then I really needed to use the bathroom. That's something else that's nice at Wawa: their restroom are very clean!
      • I got another 24 oz cup of French Vanilla coffee for free :)  I put it in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast

    •  Racetrac:
      • As I mentioned before, I prefer getting my gas at RaceTrac because it's the same price, I earn loyalty points on my app, and I get better freebies with the surveys on the receipts :)  So I stopped by the Clermont station and filled up my tank. I only needed 1/2 a tank. Gas had dropped a little to $2.36/gallon.  I paid with Amex for 2% back in Rewards and got a receipt that'll earn me a freebie. 
      • Then I went inside and redeemed a previous survey reward code for a free Snickerdoodle "Brookie" that I gave my son for his after-school snack.
      • I texted my BFF to thank her for a lovely coffee date and remind her to take the survey on her Wawa receipt so she could earn a freebie.
It broke when I got it out of the bag :(
    • CVS:
      • I ended up returning all the creams and allergy pills that I had bought last week as Greg never used the creams and I thought the allergy pills were too expensive.  So I got a $17.97 credit back on my Amazon Visa card.  The store manager (a new one) wanted to keep my original receipt for some reason but I told him that I needed it for my records and he didn't argue.  I do need it for my accounting!
      • I was hoping to get 3 12-packs of Diet Dr. Pepper for Greg. It's on sale at 3 for $11 but I have a $2.00 digital store coupon that expires on Saturday.  Well they were completely out of Diet Dr. Pepper. I asked him if he could check in the back and he did but they didn't have any. He said he would place an order for me but that the truck wouldn't come until Saturday morning. I'll have to remember to try to stop by there on Saturday afternoon, when Greg and I go walking, which means that I'll need to try and find a state park in that direction...
      • My first transaction was for 2 small bottles of Purex laundry detergent, on sale at 2 for $4.00. There are supposed to be a $1.00/2 coupon in the Sunday inserts but someone had already clipped it from the library inserts I got.  However, I had a $1.50 store coupon loaded on my app so I paid $2.68 with my Amazon Visa for 2% back in Rewards.  Also my purchase will count towards the "one or many" SavingStar rebate on Purex but it expires next week and I'd have to spend $25 on Purex to get $5 back so unless the large bottles are on sale next week, I don't think I'll make it.
      • My 2nd transaction was for a gallon of milk (on sale at $2.79), 2 bottles of Propel water (they only had grape flavored, yuck, but they were on sale at 2 for $2.00 and I got $2 back in ECBs), and 1 pack of Orbit mint gum on sale at $1.00 and I got $1.00 back in ECB.  My OOP was $6.00, I paid with my CVS gift card so it was all free to me, and I got $3.00 back in ECBs.   I also submitted an Ibotta rebate for $0.25 off any item, which made the milk a moneymaker.        
Non food items

Groceries
                              
    • Lowe's: I found myself pulling into Lowe's despite myself!  I didn't want to spend the money there or load my car with live plants because I still wanted to stop by Save A Lot and it was getting hot, but I'd really been wanting new flowers for my berm to attract more bees and butterflies and hummingbirds so I went anyway.  I spent more than I had planned but I was really happy with my purchases. Good thing that I keep everything because I had one of those plastic sheets that Home Depot's Garden Center had given me on a previous trip a couple of years ago, that I used to protect my back seat so I could put the plants on it.  My OOP was $81.09 and I charged it to Discover for 5% back in Bonus Rewards.  I got:
      • 2 large hanging pots of pale pink begonias (gorgeous!) to hang on my front porch, at $11.98 each.
      • 4 small purple pentas since I knew that butterflies love those.
      • 1 huge hanging pot of fuchsia because they remind me of my beloved and departed grandmother.
      • 2 pots of pink petchoas because they looked like the type of flowers butterflies would love.
      • 2 pots of milkweed since Ranee had reminded me of those yesterday.
    • So since I had all those plants in the SUV, I decided to skip going to Save A Lot and the other RaceTrac station and drove straight home.

This is what $80 worth of flowers looks like... not a lot of them, is it?! I wish I could just grow
them from seeds but I've proven that I'm terrible at that, time and time again!

Petchoa. I'm hoping the trumpet-like flowers will entice the butterflies and hummingbirds!

Pentas

Milkweed

Begonias. So so pretty!

Fuchsia

My grandmother's used to be a deep purple and red though.  These are more pale pink.

  • Back home, my daughter was gone to her college class (her BFF drove them today) but she had left the toaster oven on!  Thankfully there was nothing in it and I think she had left just a little bit before I got home.  

  • I unloaded the trunk, put the groceries away, and then used my new garden utility cart to move all the plants to the backyard. Then, I figured I should re-pot everything that needed repotting right away or I might never do it. Once again, keeping everything paid off as I reused 2 hanging pots from previous years to repot the pentas.  I was wondering where I would hang them from when I remembered that I had bought an extra bird feeding station from Aldi a few weeks back but that I had just stashed it in the gardening shed. So I put it together and hung the pentas from it.
Tabby Kitten made sure all the bags were empty. So helpful!



  • I also reused 2 large empty (save for the dirt) pots for the petchoas, after putting in a lot of water to turn the hard-rock potting mix back into mud for them!

  • Then I put both milkweed plants in the large pot that used to host my roselle plant last year.  They hadn't been in there 2 minutes when a butterfly showed up and started having lunch!  Woohoo!


  • The fuchsia needed part shade so I hung them from the old swingset that Greg had cut down for me to use as a plant support and that I had placed in the shade by Greg's shed.  It's a little further than I would like the fuchsia to be but I can easily move it.

You can barely see it in that picture!
  • Then I planted my Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow plant that I had bought at the thrift store last week ($2, compared to today's plants, it was a real bargain!) in the berm next to Greg's shed since it's a shade plant too.  I was worried that I would forget to water it there so I put one of my solar "sticks" from the berm there as a focal point.  I'll have to get something bigger, however, so it draws my eye to it and I do remember to water it!

  • The begonias look lovely on the front porch, but leak water all over the porch when I water them, which I don't like at all. I'll need to think of something. I guess take them off the hangers while they're being watered and they drain in the driveway and then remember to hang them back up?

  • After that I also watered the rest of my potted plants and flowers and also the jasmine.

  • Then I moved to the front porch and put the 2 deck boxes together. They're a cinch, it only takes a couple of minutes per box.  I was able to fit the cooler, bike holder for the car, the beach umbrella and all athletic equipment that we still have in the 2 boxes. It looks much nicer now.  I had a bunch of plastic bins that I had bought at the thrift store to make new self-watering bins so I moved them to the backyard and will ask Greg to store them in his shed with the others, along with the shelf that we had on the front porch and a couple of other items.

  • I also loaded the twin bed into my SUV along with the other things I want to donate and I plan on dropping all of that off at Habitat for Humanity ReStore tomorrow. 

  • Since I didn't buy a new chair pillow that I had intended for the front porch swing, I decided to throw the old one into the washing machine to see if washing it might refresh it a little. It's been outside for 13 years and I don't think I've ever washed it!  Update: well, it did nothing.  I might try to scrub it outside with a brush and some OxyClean, but since I'm going to Target tomorrow, I might just treat myself to a new cushion from there, we'll see.

  • After all that, I was really thirsty and wanted a soda so I drove to the RaceTrac near my house and:
    • redeemed a survey reward code for a free medium caffeine free Diet Coke,
    • and used a coupon on my app to get a free breakfast sandwich with the purchase of a Simply juice. I picked a lemonade (not from concentrate) for my daughter and a bacon, egg and cheese croissant sandwich for my lunch!  At the register, the coupon wouldn't work so the cashier deducted the price of the breakfast sandwich manually and so I still have the coupon in my line-up.  My OOP was $2.06 and I charged it to Discover for 5% back in bonus rewards (hopefully), I also earned more loyalty points in my app. And I gained a new receipt that will get me another freebie when I take the survey, woohoo!


  • Youngest Son came home. He's still coughing but he's not feeling sick.

  • Then my daughter came home from her class. I reminded her to call the recruiter for the summer job to find out if they had made their choice yet or not. They told her they're still deciding and will call when they're ready to make the decision. I hope this proved to them that she was interested!

  • I submitted my receipts for the various rebates.  This reminded me that I'm very late in recording my receipts into my spreadsheets, I didn't even do it for last week's receipts!  I guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

  • Zaxby emailed me an offer for a BOGO Big Zak Snak Meal deal good only tomorrow. Youngest Son and I will be running errands together tomorrow so I plan on redeeming the offer then.



  • Speaking of food, I had planned on using the rest of the pork loin that I cut earlier this week in the crockpot today, but instead I bought an XL cheese pizza from Aldi, and I will serve it with salad.  I'll cook the pork loin tomorrow.

  • At dinner time, I cooked the pizza. I had a mishap taking it out of the oven and ended up burning both of my thumbs across the pad of the thumbs and the joints too. It wasn't hurting too bad at first but within minutes it was hurting A LOT and I couldn't help but cry.  Greg had gone to change and didn't realize I had burned myself as badly as I had until he came back downstairs and then he didn't know what to do!  He offered to drive to the pharmacy to get me some kind of cream but I declined. I just got a big bowl of cold water and soaked my thumbs in there until they stopped hurting so much and asked him to operate the remotes and put Seinfeld on so it would distract me. It worked and after about an hour it wasn't hurting so much. I have a small 3rd degree burn on one of the pads and the other thumb was only superficial. I don't even want to think about how much pain great burn victims experience.  I'm not a wimp by a long shot and I cried for a long time!

  • So I never made the salad, we just had the pizza. I had personalized it: 1 quarter left plain (daughter), 1 quarter with ham only (son), 1 quarter with ham and mushrooms (Greg), and 1 quarter with ham, mushrooms, and 4 serrano peppers from my garden (me).  It was delicious although not as bready as I remembered it. Still, at $4.99, way cheaper than Domino's!  

  • We watched several episodes of Seinfeld and then some "Frasier" on Cozi TV.

  • I checked on Youngest Son at about 8:30 p.m. because he'd been coughing and he felt really hot to the touch so I took his temp and he had 101.3F!  I gave him some Advil, showed him where it was in the bathroom and told him to take another one at least 6 hours later if he felt bad during the night, and he decided to just go to bed at 8:30 p.m., which never happens. He probably watched Animé on his phone or Kindle but I hope he rested.  Thankfully there is no school on Friday.

  • I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. and put on "Forensic Files" on my Kindle Fire. I'll have to rewatch 75% of the episodes as I always fall asleep within minutes, lol.  I love my new headband headphones, they're comfy, although I do need to sew the earbud parts in place so I don't have to adjust them every night.  

  • I warned Greg that I might want to sleep in since I didn't have to take our son to school in the morning and he said he'd make himself a sandwich to go to work.  My back was hurting from carrying stuff, my cramps, and bending down to repot the plants so I wanted to make sure I slept it off.

  • At 11:30 p.m., I was awakened by a text sent to my phone: Oldest Son was thanking me for his birthday card and check. He didn't say "I love you", not even when I replied with that message, but it's a start. Well, I hope.

MONEY SPENT
  • Wawa: $8.76 (breakfast for myself and BFF)
  • Aldi:  $25.16 food items, $101.80 non food items
  • CVS: $2.68 (laundry detergent)
  • Lowe's: $81.09 (flowers)
  • RaceTrac: $2.06 (drink for daughter and sandwich for my lunch)


FREEBIES
  • My BFF bought me a chocolate croissant at Wawa.
  • Two 24 oz cups of French vanilla coffee from Wawa ("Wawa Day")
  • A quarter from the cart at Aldi
  • A Snickerdoodle brookie from RaceTrac (with survey reward code)
  • A gallon of milk, 2 bottles of Propel water and a pack of gum (with CVS gift card from Amex Rewards program)
  • A medium fountain drink from RaceTrac (with survey reward code)
  • A breakfast sandwich from RaceTrac (with app coupon and purchase of a "Simply" juice)

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  • Fed the kittens
  • Prepped Greg's breakfast
  • Packed his lunch
  • Drove my son to school
  • Administered ibuprofen
  • Emailed the library
  • Worked on my shopping list
  • Went to my BFF's
  • Had breakfast with BFF at Wawa
  • Dropped off BFF at her house
  • Went grocery shopping
  • Returned all unwanted/broken items
  • Purchased flowers for the backyard and front porch
  • Noticed the toaster oven was on and turned it off!
  • Unloaded all groceries and put them away
  • Repotted all flowers
  • Watered all potted plants
  • Put together the deck boxes and straightened out the front porch
  • Swept the leaves off the front porch
  • Texted Greg
  • Moved extra items to front of the main shed
  • Loaded donations into my SUV
  • Drove to RaceTrac
  • Chatted with Youngest Son
  • Submitted receipts for rebates
  • Chatted with Daughter
  • Input all receipts into my spreadsheets
  • Cooked dinner
  • Administered ibuprofen to son
GRATITUDE
  • That my house didn't burn down when the toaster oven was left on!
  • That I was able to return all broken and unwanted items without questions and get credited for them
  • That Aldi had the 2 deck boxes that I wanted
  • For Wawa offering free coffee to everyone today!
  • That Youngest Son isn't sicker than I thought
  • That my burns eventually stopped hurting so much (ouch!)
How was your Thursday?

10 comments:

  1. I responded to your questions on yesterdays post instead of todays. Oops. I had tried to reply on the original post but was unable to for some reason. Anyhow - Sorry 'bout dat! Ranee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no problem. Blogger is finicky sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I'm still working even though it's Good Friday. I went out early and visited 3 clients and stopped at Publix. They had a few BOGO deals but I still need real food. Sorry about your cramps- I was one of those lucky gals who did not have them or heavy periods. Mine tapered off in my late 40s and ended at 50! My sis is turning 50 and still has them and never knows when to expect. She's a nurse in a gyn office so has tried all kinds of remedies for the flashes. We both had late babies(age 38 for her and 39 for me) too. Weather is gorgeous here but traffic awful. DD has the day off and just called to tell me it took her almost an hour to get from grandson's girlfriend's house to Target which should only take 15 minutes. I told everyone I was in for the day! I usually am not too busy on Fridays. Occasionally someone will call with a problem at 4:30 and there is absolutely nothing I can do until Monday. My boss went to Miami for her grandmother's memorial so I also have her calls but not a one today whew...hope I didn't just jinx myself but it is almost 2 PM. How's your son feeling? I hate it when the kids- even when they are grown- are sick. Granddaughter has never had an antibiotic but she'll be starting preschool a couple of mornings next fall. I'm trying to think if I want to make something good to eat- I do- but I don't know what yet! I will be delivering some Easter goodies in the morning. A few of my clients have no family and I think everyone should get a little something on a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so nice! I'm sure your clients appreciate you very much. My son was feeling fine this morning but still had a temp so I had him take ibuprofen (and I'm about to go check his temp again) and told him we'd just stay home so he could rest instead of going to Target as we had planned (he needs clothes). However we ended up going around our little town to find a copy of Rogue One at Redbox and it happened to be at Publix so we got some baked goods too. Then we dropped off the donations at the thrift store which was on the way home and got a goodie for my daughter at RaceTrac. Now he's just "chilling" at home... and coughing. At least I'm glad he's not missing school. Our town was quiet and Publix wasn't extra busy either, but it was only 11 a.m.

      I hope your Friday continues to be quiet and that you have a good Easter weekend, Nan!

      Delete
  3. You had a very productive day! :)
    So glad that you and your friend had a nice coffee date- we don't have any wawa around here but I have gotten food there while traveling and it's always been yummy.
    I am so sorry about all of your "boo boos" (as my daughter would call them.) Between the Aldi injury and then the pizza injury I think we need to find some steel gloves for you to wear. I am surprised that the cashier didn't even offer you a paper towel or anything for your finger- I know they are usually super fast and focused on what they are doing (I read somewhere that they are timed from the first scan to the end of the transaction and they have to scan a certain number of items per hour) but that is very cold to just ignore a bleeding customer. You made me giggle about being so put off that you kept the quarter. lol.
    I hope your son feels better today and your "boo boos" are healing well.
    And I love your plants- so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commiserating with me, Dawn! The cashier was a young male, who was zoned out. He's always like that so I wasn't surprised but I was really put off that none of the older males in line behind me even lifted one little finger to help me hold the large box containing the deck box (that kept on falling on my back as I was trying to reach all the yogurt cups that had fallen under it in the cart). Older people comment on how rude the younger generations are but those were all in-good shape older men. I wanted to smack every one of them! I'll bet they're the same people who don't call for help when they witness something because "they don't want to get involved" you know? Anyhoo. Thanks for the reminder about my bleeding finger too, I need to pull all my reusable bags from that trip and wash them, I completely forgotten to do that!

      My fingers healed overnight. The thumbs are still a little sore but only because I know I burned them last night. I'm surprised (and relieved) that the pain is completely gone this morning because it hurt so badly last night. I thought I wouldn't be able to use my thumbs for several days at least! I was already secretly relishing having a perfectly good excuse for not doing the dishes at all for a whole week! I have a stash of paper plates! lol. The cut on my pinky still hurts but it's not bleeding so that's an improvement!

      Thanks for your concern. I hope you and the kiddos have a great Easter weekend, Dawn!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Nathalie, I am so sorry you not only cut your finger but also burnt your thumbs! I've read that aloe vera gel is good for soothing burns. I'm glad the burn doesn't hurt anymore. I'm sorry, too, that no one offered to help you with the boxes! People seem to have forgotten common courtesy!

    Plants are expensive, aren't they? I was at the garden center the other day and had sticker shock! But your plants are very pretty and they brighten up the whole place, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Aloe vera! I knew about it but forgot about it. Pain has a way to make all cogent thought go right out of the window! I'm happy that the pain faded away on its own (the cold water helped!) after a while and by the morning it was almost all gone. By now, I'm as good as new, albeit with a white blister in the center of one of my pads. And also my thumb print doesn't seem to register on my phone anymore!

      I'm glad I got the flowers but I think that every time I look at a well-manicured and flowery yard now, I'll be seeing dollar signs instead of flowers!

      Delete
  5. Wow...you had me at chocolate croissants at Wawa! I've had their coffee and bought a sub there once, and I keep telling myself that I should go there more often, since we now have one on the south side of Lakeland (my side of town). It's not right on the way to work, so I never think to go there. That chocolate croissant changed my mind!

    I'm glad your burn felt better so quickly - usually they hurt for days!

    Love your flowers...and admire all the stuff you did in just one day (shopping AND planting...that'll never happen here, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you buy anything at Wawa (like a chocolate croissant...), don't forget to take the very short survey with your receipt. You'll get a coupon for a free hot beverage or fountain drink! Their coffee is actually very good.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!