Monday, April 10, 2017

Day Book: Monday 4/10/17



Outside my window... Well, me!  I'm on the patio. It's 8:14 a.m. and I've been here for close to an hour already :) It's cool right now, the sun is rising, the birds are singing, it's gorgeous!

I am thinking... that I don't know if this is really going to be a "domestic" Monday because I don't feel like doing any chores today!

I am thankful for... hummingbirds!  They've been visiting the feeders a lot this morning already and they're so lovely to gaze upon...

From the learning rooms... Youngest Son is having a reading state-wide test today and tomorrow. He doesn't have school on Friday as it is a storm make-up day and they don't need to make-up for any storms.  Middle Son said he was scheduled at Disney tomorrow and Wednesday but he needs to tell them not to schedule him mid-weeks for a few more weeks as he is still in college and cannot miss anymore classes. It would be dumb not to be able to graduate so close to the finish line!  I hope they cooperate.  I'm not sure what's going on with my Daughter at college this week. She's probably studying for finals.

From the kitchen... I did the dishes last night so it's fairly clean, yay!  I need to work on a menu for the week but I think I'll just reuse a menu from a past blog post and adapt the recipes with what I have on hand. I do want to bake something today for snacks, perhaps chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

I am wearing... mid-calf black yoga pants, a black V-neck T-shirt and my running shoes (with low socks if you really want to know!).  I'll be cooking once the patio is out of the shade! Perhaps I'll be inspired to go do some chores at that point...

I am creating... well, since my younger brother expressed interest in my French blog (he looooved the pictures of hummingbirds and cardinals as they don't have those in France, I guess), I've been updating it. I spent a whole morning last week catching up on the past month and I'll try to work on it some more today with pictures from this weekend.

I am going... possibly to bike to the library later on today, I'm not sure.  I might go tomorrow instead, it looks like they might not put out the coupon inserts until Tuesday?

I am reading... well I read a few more pages of "Sleepy Head" yesterday. It's a British detective story, usually a genre that I enjoy but I just can't get into that one, so I think I'll give up on it. Bless enjoyed a book written by Madeleine Albright about her childhood in Prague during WWII, so I put it on hold at the library. It looks like my branch has a copy of it so I should be able to pick it up today or tomorrow, when I go.  After that, I might read her biography since it is a separate book. We'll see.

I am hoping... that my daughter and Middle Son are safe driving today. There are lots of fires burning in Florida right now including a couple near Disney that is causing some road closures and Middle Son is scheduled for another day of training today. Daughter should be driving home from her dad's at some point today. Greg called when he was getting on the turnpike to say that there was unusually very heavy traffic. I checked all the traffic reports and couldn't see why, but I suspect it's because I-95 is closed in Brevard county so maybe more people are trying to get on the turnpike to head North?

I am hearing... birds calling and the next-door bullfrog bellowing.

Around the house... I'm the only one home. The cats are napping. The living room is in desperate need of the vacuum cleaner. Sigh.

One of my favorite things... right now, my coffee maker :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Library, grocery shopping, returning broken/non-needed items, perhaps buying some flowers for the berm, some gardening, some chores, I'm going to try to make it to P.E.A.R. Park this week to see it in the Spring.  Coffee with my BFF hopefully at the end of the week. I need to research a new state park for Greg and I to go visit on Saturday, preferable one where we can kayak too?  Sunday should be D&D if Youngest Son wants to go although I might just do what I proposed to do yesterday (drop him off and go visit a park while he plays).  I'm just not in a D&D mood these days, I guess.  It comes and goes.

Here's the picture I'm sharing...

The grackles greeting the sun this morning at the lake.

Have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking abut my schedule for today and might as well go visit some clients. I started trimming the bushes yesterday and would like to finish- well, not really, but it needs to be done- and then I'm thinking about hiring the grandsons to do some yard work Friday. They have the day off from school. I hope your son responds to you. When I reading your old posts, I saw when your estrangement happened. My son is very independent too but he's 42 now! Big difference. I have a feeling little sis and bro won't be 'associating' any more unless he apologizes which is doubtful. Larder is pretty bare here- I have 4 jugs of Kefir and lots of cheese in main fridge. Freezers don't have much either but I'm not shopping until Thursday. I haven't weighed myself either. Oh well. We all have 24 hours in a day don't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning the bushes, I have some that need to be trimmed too and I keep on forgetting to add it to my To Do List.

      Have a wonderful day today. Don't starve, lol!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a good Monday, whether it was Domestic or not! Lunchtime Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was both a good Monday and a little bit of a Domestic Monday too, the best of both worlds!

      Delete
  3. The picture you shared is one of those that should be printed large, framed, and hung in the living room!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!