Monday, April 17, 2017

Day Book: Monday 4/17/17



Outside my window... the sun is rising, there's a little bit of fog over the lake. I just opened the windows downstairs so we can enjoy the birds' singing. It's going to be hot today, 84F/28.8C but it'll be 90F/32.2 by week's end.

I am thinking... that I need to get in the backyard and break down 4 more old self-watering bins so they can go in the trash collection tomorrow, before it gets too hot today.

I am thankful for... it not being next Monday because that's when Greg goes on the first of his business trips :(

From the learning rooms... nothing special going on this week at the schools, apart from Prom that is on Saturday.

From the kitchen... I did the dishes last night and a menu so I'm all set. I do need to defrost the meat, though.  My daughter made a cake so I don't have to bake anything.  Woohoo!

I am wearing... beige shorts, light grey scooped neck T-shirt. I'm barefoot.

I am going... nowhere today.  I have things to do around the house.

I am reading... I started "$2.00 a Day, Living on Almost Nothing in America" by Kathryn Edin and Luke Shaefer.  I need to do some reading today, if I can.

I am hoping... that it rains sometimes soon. There is no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days, we have tons of wildfires everywhere and we're now about to enter the driest month of them all. Our "lawn" is mostly dry and brown.

I am hearing... the shower dripping, I need to go tighten the faucet. A siren just sounded on the road below, briefly, probably an ambulance passing by. The birds are singing.

Around the house... Greg is getting ready to go to work, the kittens are in the windows enjoying the smells and sounds. My daughter doesn't have in-person classes today so she's sleeping in. Youngest Son is at school.

One of my favorite things... Arrgh, I thought of something yesterday and now I can't remember what it was! Think, think, think... I think it was my yoga pants because they're so darn comfortable?  Let's say that's what it was. I think they've been my favorite thing several times already. Oh well! I'm not Oprah, loving everything under the sun as long as a sponsor gives me free stuff!

A few plans for the rest of the week... it's going to be a quiet week compared to last week, I really don't have any plans save for biking to the library at some point, grocery shopping (as always), enjoying my backyard, possibly driving to Trader Joe's in Orlando at some point, and a hike with Greg on Saturday although I don't know where yet.

Here's the picture I'm sharing... the cats keeping an eye out for the birds this morning!


Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely day, today, Nathalie. I've just finished my morning cup of tea and am sitting in front of the heater, trying to persuade myself to shower, get dressed, and go to the office! So tempted to work from home, today, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the AC going on and you have the heater on! If there isn't a reason for you to be in the office, why don't you just save yourself the commute and work from home? I wouldn't feel guilty about it since your supervisor has been so supportive about it. I hope you enjoy your day, no matter what you decide!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some rain soon, also. I've been hearing a lot on the news about your wildfires.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!