Friday, April 21, 2017

I Got Nothing Nothing ~ Friday 4/21/17

This is for Dawn :) It was part of the Google Doodle today and I saw it right after I read her story about the encounter between the red fox and her cat!
I really couldn't think of a title for this post. Is it time to take a break from my boring blogging? It might just be. Don't be alarmed if I disappear for a few days.

I woke up to a short email from my Paris brother reassuring me that he and his wife were OK and declaring that France is now a shithole.  While I would argue the point, it's impossible for me not to sympathize with his frustration and anger and I'm also glad they're OK.

Blogger isn't working properly, at least for me.  This morning I found two posts, that had been scheduled to be published on their corresponding days at about 10:30 p.m., in my draft folder.  I had to publish them manually.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, for 2 reasons: I ate dark chocolate covered espresso beans in the afternoon and evening and I read "$2 A Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America".  I finished it and didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m.

I wrote this long essay about the book, only to delete it because it got very personal because of my own stint of of growing up in poverty in my childhood, and then I realized that I didn't feel like sharing that part of my life here. Sometimes the past is better left in the past. So I'll only say that I both appreciated the book's explanation of how the welfare system was set up historically and through the various administrations in the United States (and not "America" as the title states, this irks me so much, you'd think college professors would know better than that!), where it went completely wrong, and the consequences of it nowadays both for "the working poor" (although they are not the focus of this book) and for those who make $2 or less day because they can't get a job even though they might want to work very much. But I also was very irritated by the narration and the blatant manipulation by the authors, and I'll leave it at that.  The fact is, you ought to read the book and form your own opinion. It is an important book to read with all its warts, and I'm "glad" I read it.  I put quotation marks around glad because it's not the right word. It feels very crass to say I was glad I read about those people's miserable lives in abject poverty. But I just don't know what the right word would be. It was enlightening but it also made me realize that the steps needed to correct the situation are even more enormous than I suspected and that they're getting more enormous every day because of the current administration determination on destroying anything that could possibly help those people (and the rest of the population too!).  Time to start observing the birds in my backyard because I get depressed just thinking about it all. Yes, poor me, right?  I have so much to be thankful for. Don't you think I don't know that.  I have privilege up the wazoo.  Now imagine how much privilege those who are currently running our country have. It's unfathomable. It's obscene, is what it is.  I don't begrudge rich people their money if they came upon it honestly and aren't crass human beings.  I admire those people who were savvy enough to build their own fortune, or even those who inherited it and are very altruistic. But I don't think, based on what I know of the current administration, that any of those folks are the ones who are in power right now.  Ooooh, I have to quit or I'm going to start working myself up in a lather again.  But that's where my mood is this morning and I wanted to note it down here so I can remember this book and the feelings it engendered in me.

Well, it's 9:34 a.m. I've been on the patio for 2 hours and writing this last paragraph is all I have managed to do in that time. No, I wasn't really watching the birds, it's just how long it took me to put the thoughts that I wanted to commit to the screen, into actual typed words! Moving on to plans for the day: I don't have any. I only slept 4.5 hours and I'm tired. I have dishes to do (that will be my theme song if, one day, I star in my own sitcom!). Greg is leaving on his business trip on Monday so I ought to be ironing some of his business clothes.  But right now I'm on the patio, enjoying a relatively cool morning, so far, in the shade.  I don't think I'll stay as long as I did yesterday, especially since some close neighbors (and I hope it's not my next-door neighbors who, so far, have been the only quiet ones to inhabit that particular house in the past 15 years!) have gotten a yapping dog that has disturbed my peace and quiet several times in the past 30 minutes already.  Maybe today the universe is conspiring to keep me inside so I can tend to my chores!


TO DO LIST
  • Defrost meat for dinner DONE
  • Iron Greg's clothes for next week's trip DONE
  • Sweep/vacuum kitchen, breezeway, Cat Room
  • Declutter battery drawer
  • Make shopping list for hurricane supplies
  • Wash Cat Room windows (outside)
  • Schedule trip to Trader Joe's (need whipped cream) Next month when I take Greg to the airport
  • Scrub the bathtub 
  • Research state park to visit next weekend - I think I'll have to wait until later in the week to see what fires are burning and if Greg's foot has stopped hurting
  • Declutter the printer stand in progress
  • Give a driving lesson to my son with the stick shift 
  • Take Youngest Son to get a haircut - Greg will take him next weekend unless I can't stand it anymore sooner than that!
  • Clean bathroom ceiling 
  • Clean hallway ceiling right outside the bathroom
  • Clean downstairs bathroom sink
  • Sweep downstairs bathroom
  • Take down the "seed nursery" and try to store it in little shed
  • Make my bed  
  • Earn Microsoft Rewards credits DONE
  • Input weight into WHBRHC  
  • Set 15 minute timer and try to accomplish as many chores as possible in that time
  • Unload dishwasher 
  • Do the dishes by hand, drain/dry in the dishwasher (AFTER DINNER) 
  • Put mattress out with the trash (Tuesday morning) 
  • Make a dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son
  • Back up external drive to its own external drive!
  • Start a list of the electric outlets that I want to get replaced
  • Exercise at least 35 minutes on my bike  (weekdays only)  
  • Clean upstairs litter box  
  • Put away the clipped articles from Kiplinger's magazine 
  • Inventory the pantry
  • Inventory the freezers
  • Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
  • Take RaceTrac surveys 
  • Scrub patio pavers with bleach (wear old clothes and shoes, gloves and goggles)
  • Finish decluttering exercise room shelves
  • Call my bank to consolidate my IRA accounts
  • Ask Discovery Gardens staff about the trees from my backyard or look at the Audubon site that Pixel shared.
  • Clean the barbecue (as in scrub it because I sprayed the inside with wasp spray)
  • Mend sliding door window screen - get cat resistant screening material?
  • Plant and water the tree
  • Track my and Greg's IRAs for the IRS
  • Download all March pictures from Canon camera, and Panasonic camera to external drive 
  • Reply to blog comments  DONE
  • Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway
  • Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet
  • File all the pending documents
  • Use brush on fridge coils
  • Schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV
  • Try making yogurt in yogurt maker
  • See if can mend Youngest Son former backpack straps
  • Read a library book DONE
  • Start reading the next library book
  • Preserve the peppers and tomatoes that are on my counter 
  • Take cuttings of the jasmine and root them
  • Ask to take cuttings of the neighbor's hibiscus and root them
  • Sew headphones in place
  • Add bleach to furnace line
  • Add Drano to kitchen sink plumbing for preventative maintenance
  • Trim the hedge
  • Trim the bushes
  • Reset the new hose reel in a better position (make sure handle is accessible)
  • Take Youngest Son shopping for jeans and shorts
  • Mix more Chicago Steak Seasoning
  • Mix more Ten Things Farm Seasoning
  • Mix Chili Seasoning for Friday
  • Add zippered plastic bag to fanny pack to protect camera if it rains
  • Dice and freeze green peppers
  • Get cash to exchange for Youngest Son gift debit card
  • Buy retail gift cards for graduated with gift card debit card
  • Bake peanut butter sheet cake (Baking notebook for recipe) 
  • Return library books
  • Order graduation announcements - Middle Son Waiting for him to email me his picture, sent him another reminder today

SUCCESSES AND FAILURES OF THE DAY
  • As usual, Youngest Son packed a lunch to take to school and I dropped him off there. I was twice as careful as usual, driving there, because a kid on a cross motorcycle was weaving in and out of traffic and was, at some point, right in front of me (and I was tired so I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook the tiny motorcycle in front of my big SUV!), and then I was driving behind a completely refurbished Chevelle, complete with "antique" license plate and NO seatbelts to secure the two young teens in it (one driving it, the other its passenger in the front seat), which turned into the junior lot so those were teens who are 17 or younger.  Which parent thinks it's a good idea to let kids drive a car without any seatbelts?!  Anyhoo, there weren't any accidents and I got home pretty quickly.  My son will ride the bus home.

  • I packed leftovers for Greg to take to work. I suggested his hiking boots (which he wears day in, day out) might be causing his foot pain, so yesterday he wore his sneakers to work.  This morning he reported that his foot felt better so he wore his sneakers again.  Hopefully the problem is as easy as replacing his hiking boots and not something actually wrong with a bone or tendon in his foot.

  • I opened the windows at 7:15 a.m. and turned off the AC. It's now past 10:15 a.m. and none of the kittens climbed the screens today! Maybe their loss of window privileges early on yesterday did do the trick?  LOL.  Well, I need to go close them now because it's getting warmer and my daughter is home, which means she's going to start being really hot in her upstairs bedroom really soon.

  • I started automatic Swagbucks videos before I took my son to school this morning and left my laptop running when I left. When I checked my team points, I was past the 400 needed to qualify for the bonus and my team is still in the lead. If we win, I'll qualify for a 50 SB Swag-up reward, provided that I order a gift card within the deadline.  I have close to 1,800 SB so far.

  • I have drank two cups of coffee so far but I'm still feeling really tired so I'm going to brew myself another 2-cup pot. Brb.

  • I refilled two of the hummingbird feeders this morning and made another batch of nectar that is cooling as we speak.

  • I reused the water collected from the hanging pots by the planters I had placed under them before watering them yesterday, to re-water them this morning.  They used potting mix for the fuchsia and the water runs through it instantly. I probably should replace the potting mix with potting soil, if I have any, because I don't think the fuchsia will last very long with a soil that hold the water longer than that, even though I have placed it in the shade.

  • Instead of using water to flush the aphids off the hibiscus this morning, I used my fingers to crush them. There weren't as many as yesterday morning.

  • Then I found my water sprayer handle had broken :(  I'll need to buy a new one.  I'll have to see if Tractor Supply Co. might have one that I could get with my $10 Rewards.

  • Dinner tonight is a chicken dish so I defrosted boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

  • Oooh, the new season of Bosch is out on Amazon Prime Video today!  I guess I don't have an excuse to avoid doing the ironing. I still haven't watched the latest season of Grace and Frankie. And, for that matter, I still haven't watched the 4th season of "The Americans" (even though I paid for it!) or the 2nd season of "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" (and the 3rd season comes out on Netflix on 5/19).

  • The automatic debit for Youngest Son's Florida Prepaid (college tuition) account was processed today.  Greg and I don't pay for college and we don't give out allowance just for the sake of it, but our son has been in charge of taking care of the cats for many years (feeding them, brushing them, daily cleaning of the litter boxes).  Last year I decided to put the money that he earned doing those chores into a small Florida Prepaid account to lock in some college costs for him. It'll cover maybe only his first year of tuition only, but it's better than watching him waste it on take-out food (as I'm giving the side-eye to my Daughter who pretty much eats out every day mostly with the allowance that her dad gives her).  Instead of putting a lump sum into that account (that doesn't pay us any interest), I just told them how much I wanted to end up with in that account (corresponding to how much money he had earned thus far) and they told me how much we'd have to pay each month through his graduation, to fund that account, and then I set up the automatic debit.  It's only $150 per month.  I'm also very strongly encouraging him to maintain his grades (he's an A student), volunteer (he's already earned the 100 hours that are required), and participate in outside activities (he is a member of FBLA and leads his own D&D group at the library) so he can qualify for Bright Futures, and we're constantly talking as if Dual Enrollment isn't an option but an expectation for him (provided that it's still a possibility in 2 years, seeing how the Florida legislature is poised to cut funding to colleges and universities in the state).  So that's my college strategy for our son. 

  • This year, I established a 529 Savings plan to invest the money our son continues to earn by taking care of our cats.  So far, he has earned more in that account that he would have earned had I left it in a regular savings account, so I'm pleased with that. Of course, the downside is that the money in that account isn't FDIC guaranteed, so we (he) could lose it all as well.

  • I earned the maximum of Microsoft Rewards for the day and was able to order a $5 Amazon gift card. Bonnie (and anyone who doesn't see the Amazon gift card in the list of rewards they can order), you might want to email Customer Service to ask them what the deal is.  Update: a few hours later I still hadn't gotten my gift card but I did get an email from Microsoft saying they had ran into trouble trying to fill my order and I could contact them if I wanted them to look into it. When I tried to, they wanted an order number but I hadn't noted it down. However, the points were still in my account so I tried to redeem them again. This time, it did go through and I got my gift card within seconds.

  • Woah! I don't know how that happened but it's now almost 1 p.m. and I'm still on the patio!  Time to pack it in and head back indoors... Bye bye Birdy/ies!

  • I had chicken nuggets for lunch, and I dipped them in Thai Chili sauce that I had gotten for free. It was delicious. Then I had half a papaya, after chasing the kittens that were circling it.

  • After I had cooled off enough, I ironed Greg's business clothes while watching the first episode of "Bosch, Season 3" on Amazon Prime.  I'm glad I won't have that chore hanging over me this weekend!

  • I tried watching more of Bosch but I gave up on episode 3 as I was too tired for it to hold my interest.  So I just re-read some of my old blog posts. I like doing that once in a while. Meanwhile, Tabby Kitty took a nap next to me on the couch.  That's what I should have done too!

  • Greg left work a little early; when he got home, I didn't feel like cooking what I had planned on cooking. Instead, I offered to make omelettes and he was fine with that. I'd been snacking so I wasn't hungry.  I made cheese omelettes and a salad for everyone.  I topped it with some of the tortilla strips that I had bought at Aldi. It took me about 5 minutes to throw together and actually looked pretty good, lol!

  • Then Greg and I put on some Seinfeld episodes.  It's been a very unproductive day for me.  I might forego going hiking tomorrow.


MONEY SPENT
  • RaceTrac: $57.88 (Greg filled up his truck)

FREEBIES
  • A $5 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards!


ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  • Fed the kittens
  • Packed a lunch for Greg
  • Prepped his breakfast
  • Caught up on email and news
  • Dropped off my son at school
  • Aired the house out
  • Thought about the book I read last night and tried to synthesize my feelings about it
  • Refilled hummingbird feeders
  • Made new hummingbird nectar
  • Watered the hanging pots
  • Reminded my daughter to put her wet laundry into the dryer
  • Researched a fuel cost calculator spreadsheet example and posted the link for Susan
  • Replied to blog comments
  • Ironed Greg's business clothes
  • Started watching "Bosch" season 3
  • Vegged out on the interwebs
  • Fed the kittens
  • Cooked dinner

GRATITUDE
  • That my brother and SIL are safe in Paris.
  • That my family makes (way) more than $2 a day
  • That my mom worked hard to get us out of our dire circumstances but also that she had the opportunities that she did in order to accomplish that goal
NATURE: In my backyard

It looks like today is mostly a repeat of yesterday: crows atop the trees, cardinals & hummingbirds coming to the feeder, the brown-crowned flycatchers crisscrossing the yard with their stolen bits of mulch in their beaks, and the red-bellied woodpeckers are flying from tree to tree as well.  A couple of black vultures are flying over the backyard.  I've mostly missed good opportunities to take pictures, my already slow reflexes dulled even more by the lack of sleep from last night.

Female Ruby Throated Hummingbird

Crow

Cardinal
The squirrels came down the trees like waves of zombies this morning!  Interestingly enough, today again I spotted a couple of squirrels that look reddish brown, while the rest are our regular gray squirrels. I'm not sure if the darker ones are just younger and not as "faded" or if they're indeed somehow red squirrels.

This is one of the gray ones. I couldn't get the reddish one to stand in place long enough to take a picture of it.

The breeze that is blowing is bringing the wonderful scent of the Confederate Jasmine that is growing at the southeastern corner of my house. I smells so good!

A huge bumblebee came to quench its thirst at the pechoas.



There are only wispy clouds in the sky right now at 10:36 a.m. and I cam still see a sliver of the moon. I opened the patio umbrella to provide shade. Our high today will be 86F/30C. There is no chance of rain in our forecast for the next 10 days.  After that?  It's still unknown.

The word must have gotten out that we have quite good mulch in our planter near Greg's shed because it's been a hot bed of activity all morning, with numerous brown-crested flycatchers coming to get their load repeatedly.  They fly right over the big pile of mulch by the bird feeders so I'm laughing. Maybe they just want to gather it in the shade and with the cover of large trees for protection?!  I think I managed to snap a picture of one of them with a beakful of mulch. I hope it turns out!




It did!  I texted it to Greg with the warning that he might have to add more mulch to our shed's berm this weekend if the activity kept on going. He suggested adding a cash register lane... I might put a tip jar :)

Red Bellied Woodpecker
How many hours of sleep a night do you require in order to function properly the following day? I really need 8.  7 will do, but 8 is optimal.

12 comments:

  1. Yay it's Saturday. I'm sorry for your 'blues.' I try to not think much about the administration and concentrate more on my job. My clients are all what you would call poor and since they have disabilities, it is unlikely that will ever change. Most make the best of what they have though! Speaking of $$, I need to buy myself a couple of nice tops. I hate clothes shopping and prefer online ordering but since I need to try them on, I guess today I should stop at the outlet mall on my way home from a group home visit. UGH! When I get up, the first thing I do is turn the air conditioning to 79. Before I go to bed, I turn it down to 74 or 75. I refuse to sleep in a hot bedroom! I was wondering if it would be prudent for you to get a window unit for your daughter's room. Maybe they are too $$- I remember when I bought one for son in college and it was maybe $300. I don't believe GS will be taking any dual enrollment but mainly AP classes. Does your HS have IB or AICE? I am sitting here drinking my coffee and my Roomba is vacuuming the house- boy do I like it. DD and the boys are going to Disney for the day after grandson's baseball game- it will be a long day for them but they really enjoy it. Soninlaw is not an amusement park fan so I imagine he'll be fishing (which the boys and DD aren't fans of LOL). I watched Bosch but guess if I want to see season 3 I'll need to use DD's PW since I got rid of amazon. I like medical shows the best! There's one from Australia with about 20 seasons I watch occasionally (All Saints) and I also like Chicago PD and Fire. I cut the cord as they say and just use Netflix(we share) and Hulu which I do pay for. Have a good weekend and if I see no posts, I won't wonder where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows in my daughter's room are too small for a window air conditioner. They built that room with small windows already (back in the 70s), and then when we replaced the old single pane windows with newer double pane ones a couple of years ago, the wider frame made them even smaller. I was thinking about getting her a room air conditioner on wheels (although I'd have to figure out how to get the water out of the house!) but then I completely forgot about that option and never did anything about it :( She's leaving for college in fewer than 4 months and she'll probably spend more of the summer at her dad's, so I guess it's too late to do anything about it at this point. I just keep lowering the AC in that part of the house to try and make her more comfortable.

      I don't know what AICE is, but no, we don't have IB. I think the only high school that had an IB program in our county is at Leesburg and I wouldn't have him attend that school, there are lots of problems over there (plus it's a good 30 minutes away from here). I'd love for him to do dual enrollment so he can earn his AA for free, as his sister did. We'll see what changes are made, if any, when the Florida legislature passes their new budget-related bills.

      I've been thinking about getting rid of Netflix, but there are a couple of shows that I do watch on there, and it's so convenient to have it available. I don't use Amazon Instant Video much, but I like the other benefits. Greg borrows e-books from there for free all the time. I don't use Hulu because I don't agree that I should have to watch commercials when I'm paying for a subscription. I used to watch medical shows with my mom all the time, those are her favorite too.
      Have a good weekend too, Nan!

      Delete
  2. Nathalie, you might try buying some lady bugs to fight off the aphids. Too funny about the birds helping themselves to your mulch for their nests, and from a particular spot, too! And Mr. Gray the squirrel looks so cute! Yes, I know you don't agree! But thank you for including him in your pictures. Poverty in the US - it was something that was hard to believe when we first came here. The richest country in the world and, yet, there is so much poverty.

    I, too, didn't feel like cooking dinner, tonight, so made a scrambled egg and fried potatoes. We should declare Friday nights as "cook's night off"!

    Hope you have a good weekend, and get plenty of sleep! 6 hrs. a night is a very good night for me. I had 4 1/2 hrs. last night, like you. It was just after 4:00 a.m. when I went to bed and my half-brother's phone call from Sri Lanka woke me up a little before 8:30 a.m. I took an afternoon nap, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you. I need 7 or 8 hours of sleep to be my best. I can do with less if I have a good solid block of it. If it's a night of up and down or tossing and turning, I'm tired even if the amount of sleep averages out to 7 hours. I hope last night was better and all of the chocolate beans are gone so you won't be tempted to have them again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm definitely like you. This is one of the reasons why I don't like drinking lots of water like I should, because then I'm up all night, using the bathroom multiple times and I get no rest!

      I do have another container of the espresso beans. I'm trying to decide whether I should stay up next Saturday (my daughter will be going to Grad Bash and coming back to the high school at 3 am. and we agreed that it would be wiser for me to go pick her up than for me to drive back at that hour. I was thinking that perhaps I'd just stay up (so eat the beans in the evening) but now I'm thinking I'll try to stay up the night before, so I can fall asleep early on Saturday and get a good 4-5 hours of sleep at least, and then wake up and go pick her up. I should make a note of this strategy on my calendar so I don't forget!

      Delete
  4. I have been intrigued by the title of your book since you first mentioned it. I thought it was a book on HOW to live on $2 a day and might offer up some more frugal strategies. But since your explanation this morning, and further looking at the Amazon review, I see now that it is an expose of poverty in America. Because of your emotional reaction to the book, I am even more intrigued into finding it. I love to read books or watch movies that shake things up and make me think or feel long after the story is told.

    You might be feeling like you got nothing accomplished today, but I can assure you that you have done more today than I have accomplished in my whole week. Just doing some work in the garden, ironing Greg's clothes for next week, and making supper (you didn't order in) sounds like a boatload of accomplishments to me. I feel like I "wasted" my entire afternoon yesterday on the phone (or should I say on-hold) trying to resolve an issue of why the mortgage company still lists "the estate of..." as one of two mortgage holders. I am still waiting for a mortgage specialist to get back to me with some answers. Am I making things complicated for myself? Am I fretting over nothing? Things certainly are not cut and dried, even with a will.

    I love your sense of humour with Greg. I laughed when he suggested setting up a retail counter and you countered with putting out a tip jar. You guys are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the book would be about the same thing you thought it was about! I guess I should have researched it first :) Still, it was a very interesting, if depressing, read.

      I think you are smart to follow-up on such details as making sure the proper name(s) is/are on the mortgage or not. Small details like these, if left unattended, will complicate life for your kids after your passing. I think it would be lovely if they didn't have to worry about things like these. I'm sorry it's harder, though, than it ought to be to get it corrected!

      I sure hope everything will run smoothly once my parents pass on. My dad is pretty organized, I think, and also I think that in France it is the lawyer (called Notary) who is in charge of taking care of all of this. I don't know how organized my mom is, but her estate will be much much smaller. Now if she passes before my stepdad, we'll be in trouble because he's like a child when it comes to things like these. It sounds so callous to be thinking about these situations, already, but they are getting older and within the next 10-20 years at the most, I think my siblings and I will have to be dealing with that. Our own "estate" situation will likely be complicated for our kids because our respective relationships with the 6 various kids/stepkids, something else I'm not looking forward to at all. Arrgh, money complicates everything. Let's hope we do keep that sense of humor that you're talking about when it comes to that too :)

      As far as not being "productive", give yourself a big break. You've just been through a lot, and you did accomplish a lot with the help of your daughter, SIL and your son's GF. It's OK to take to slow. I think you craved the time alone this past week to regroup, not to spend your days dusting. Watch TV, have a snack, enjoy Spring, make beautiful cards, do whatever feels good to you. The other stuff can wait.

      Delete
  5. Do you mean you only need 6 hours a night or right now you're lucky if you get 6 hours a night, with your insomnia problems?

    I think every night should be Cook's Night Off, personally! I took a night off tonight, we just came back from the neighborhood's Mexican restaurant. It was crowded but no cooking and no dishes to do? Count me in!

    Thanks for the ladybug suggestion. I wish I could get those at Lowe's! One hitched a ride on me the other day, I should have thought to drop it off at the hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if they sell ladybugs at Lowe's, but you can order them on-line, apparently!

    I meant, if I get 6 hrs. of sleep a night, then, that seems to be all I need. Often, I sleep less (4-5 hrs.), and that's when I am likely to want an afternoon nap. Sometimes, I sleep more (6-7 hrs.) and then, I don't need a nap. Very rarely I'll sleep a full 8 hrs. and when I do that, I feel groggy! When I had chemo, however, I slept practically all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel groggy when I sleep too much as well. It's all a matter of finding the correct bedtime and then hope that my bladder, middle age insomnia, and the kittens won't throw wrenches in my sleeping plan!

      I'm going to have to go on the hunt for ladybugs in other parts of the yard and relocate them to the hibiscus!

      Delete
  7. ...I admire those people who were savvy enough to build their own fortune... <-- Exactly! I have respect for Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, but I've heard that Trump would have more money now if he'd never done anything with his inheritance than just invest it. His "great" business ideas reduced the amount of wealth he could have had.

    I'm good with 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep, but I usually get just under that during the week. On the weekend, I get 7 1/2 to 8 hours, plus a little nap sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an oil snake salesman.

      Naps always sound good to me, but I don't like the way I feel when I wake up from one.

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!