I'm going hiking with Pixel from Thoughts from My Corner of the Couch today and Greg is coming home! The end. lol.
I was up at 7 a.m. but I was woken up at 6:55 a.m. by one kitten biting my toes (Tabby Kitty), one kitten purring and wanting cuddles (Explorer) and one kitten licking my fingers and then biting them (Princess). Then they all started play fighting while I was showering and getting dressed and I was worried that they would wake up my son, whose room is right below mine, because they were being so loud.
Downstairs, I fed all the cats, chased the kittens away from the older cats' bowls, put water to filter in the Brita pitcher that I left on the kitchen table. 5 minutes later, a big crash, the sound of something breaking: a kitten had gone onto the kitchen table, gotten spooked by something, sent a dessert plate that was sitting on the table crashing to the floor, and in its haste, ran over one of the older cats' food bowl, sending expensive kibble all over the floor of the kitchen, mixed in with shards of porcelain. Sigh. It was only 7:30 a.m.
Hopefully the rest of the day will be... quieter? I'm leaving in 5 minutes to meet Pixel at a breakfast restaurant in Lakeland. Greg should be leaving his daughter's house at about the same time, provided that he slept well last night. My daughter will be driving Youngest Son to the D&D game in East Orlando. She will wait for him at her dad's house, which is just a mile away from the game location.
The cats... well, they'll have to stay alone and hopefully they won't break anything else!
I'm so excited about finally meeting Pixel. I've loved her blog for many months, she takes great pictures... and she's a fellow European ex-pat (she's German) and lives in Central Florida.
SUCCESSES and FAILURES
- I drank the rest of my caffeine free Diet Coke from last night for breakfast before I left the house and drove to meet Pixel.
- Greg left his daughter's at about the same time and estimated he'd be home at about 5:30 p.m.
- Google Maps had shown me a route that included a toll road to get to my and Pixel's meeting point, but my Garmin GPS directed me to a route that avoided toll roads :)
- As I pulled into the shopping center parking lot, I spotted someone who I thought looked like Pixel so I stopped and identified myself. It was her! I was so happy! I told her I was going to park the car. She said she would go ask for a table at the restaurant since we had decided to have breakfast before our hike.
- And as I pulled into the parking space, something that had never happened to me before happened: I hit the car next to mine! Oh no! It was a white sedan and my right side passenger bumper hit the rear passenger side of the car. It was quite dirty so I couldn't tell if it was damaged or not, but there was black paint from my car onto theirs. Crap. There was no one in the car and I wasn't sure what information to leave... and I didn't have any paper! So I went to meet Pixel to explain what had happen and see if the restaurant had a piece of paper. But she was prepared and had some on her. I called my insurance company and explained what had happened and asked them what information I should leave on the note. They said to leave my name, insurance company and policy number on the note. So I wrote a note of apology and left that information, telling them that they should contact USAA to file a claim. And then apologized again. I felt terrible, even though I think the damage was only paint rubbing off on each car. My SUV had some white paint on it and also a small hole in my bumper.
- Then Pixel and I had breakfast and got to know one another. She must have thought I was a real ditzy head! It was so embarrassing, lol. We had a delightful breakfast, to which she treated me because she said I drove all the way down. Awwww, so nice! Breakfast was delicious. She had mentioned that the omelets were good and I'm glad she said that because I tend to pick carbs all the time and was eyeing the waffles but since we were going hiking, protein sounded like a better plan. The omelet was indeed delicious. Sorry, Bless, I forgot to take a picture :) I did remember to drink decaf coffee, which is much better for my bladder!
- After breakfast, I offered to drive the SUV to the state park and promised her that I was otherwise a good driver! So we drove to Hillsborough River State Park, chatting all the way.
- I used our state park annual pass to gain access to the park for free, woohoo :) I had also brought the map from our last visit so we didn't waste another map.
- After our hike, we drove back to Lakeland, where we parted ways. The car I had hit was still in the same spot even though it was several hours later, so I'm thinking it belonged to someone who worked at the restaurant.
- Meanwhile, my daughter drove Youngest Son to the D&D game in East Orlando. They had lunch at Panda Express and she charged it to my Discover card. I had given $20 to my son to buy whatever drinks and snacks he wanted.
- I got home at about 3 p.m. and the kittens swarmed me. They're not used to be completely alone much!
- Pixel texted me that she was fixing herself some iced coffee. Oh that sounded good and I wanted some too but our ice maker isn't working and I haven't made ice cubes in several months... crap! But wait! There was a mug's worth of cold coffee left in my coffee maker from yesterday so I had a mug of cold coffee instead. Almost the same thing! And then I brewed myself another pot since I hadn't had enough caffeine, hahaha.
- I considered doing the dishes before Greg got home but my legs were hurting (what?! They weren't hurting at all right after the hike or even in Lakeland! Talk about a delayed reaction!) so I decided that it wouldn't feel like "home" to him if the house was too clean :) I'll do the dishes for Domestic Monday tomorrow.
- I started up automatic videos on Swagbucks. My 1st goal is 50 SB and I'm not sure I'll reach it before it's time for me to go to bed!
- I uploaded digital coupons to my Publix and CVS apps. Then I printed coupons via Swagbucks, Smartsource, and Redplum.
- I had a $1.00 digital ECB available in my app, woohoo!
- I decided to research kayak trailers. Whoa, those are expensive! A brand-new 2-kayak trailer is basically $1,000 on Amazon. I checked Ebay (same) and Craigslist (which Greg would never agree to buy from) and there's not much else out there. Apparently trailers need a title so I'm assume we'd need to pay for a registration and insurance too. This is becoming impossible! I did find a bed extender for the F-150 that would be much cheaper (about $200) and wouldn't require any additional papers or insurance, but when I mentioned it to Greg when he got home, he said he and our son had been able to put both kayaks in the truck bed and lock the gate, the last time they tried. So maybe we don't need anything after all.
- Greg got home and we talked about our weekend and exchanged photos. Then the kids got home and we talked about D&D. Greg gave me his receipts. I will deduct those from our "travel" budget.
- For dinner I grilled chipotle chicken sausages in the toaster oven and made white rice in the microwave.
- Greg and I watched a few Seinfeld episodes after dinner. "The Contest" never stops to be really funny :)
- I earned 50 KFR points by entering bonus codes DUNKING4KFR25PTS and 25FREEPTS4THEWIN into my Kellogg's Family Rewards account.
- I entered my weight and today's hike into Walgreens' BRHC and earned 120 BR points, I'm so close to 5,000 points! I'll get a $5 reward when I hit 5,000 points.
- I also uploaded digital coupons to my Walgreens Balance Rewards card.
- It drizzled a bit tonight, I'm sure I won't find any extra water in the rain barrel, but hopefully it was enough for the potted plants to be revived.
- I purged my coupon organizer from expired coupons tonight while we watched "Seinfeld". I'm always dreading that task so I'm glad I got it out of the way! Now I'm about to clip the coupons I printed while watching some "Forensic Files" on Netflix.
MONEY SPENT TODAY
- Tolls on the Polk Parkway
- Panda Express: $17.58 (lunch, kids)
- RaceTrac: $5.00 (snacks and drinks, kids)
- $5 to my son in exchange for the McDonald's gift card
- Gas for Greg and lunch at KFC, on his way back from NC
- Breakfast! Thanks, Pixel!
- For genealogy enthusiasts: Fold3 is offering free access to their Civil War records, through April 15.
- Fed the cats
- Swept the mess one of them made in the kitchen
- Drove to Lakeland to meet Pixel
- Called Greg to check up on him
- Called my insurance company to get advice
- Left a note for the driver whose car I hit
- Had breakfast with Pixel
- Drove to the state park
- Hiked for 5 miles
- Drove Pixel back to Lakeland
- Drove home
- Called Greg and my Daughter to check up on them
- Printed coupons
- Uploaded coupons
- Worked on my Rewards programs
- Researched kayak trailers
- Chatted with Greg
- Chatted with the kids
- Cooked dinner
- Watched Seinfeld with Greg
- Clipped digital coupons
- Purged coupon organizer
- Cleaned upstairs litter box
- that I finally got to meet Pixel, who is super nice!
- for a lovely hike today. The weather was gorgeous and the company was too!
- for my son being able to play D&D even though our regular game was cancelled, unbeknownst to him
- that, despite my hitting someone else, everybody drove safely today
FIELD TRIP: Hillsborough River State Park
It was a gorgeous day, a little hot, but we were mostly in the shade so it wasn't too bad. We were so busy chatting that I barely took any pictures! I had previously taken pictures of Hillsborough River State Park on February 26 of this year, though. Here is what I saw today:
|They're classified Category II.|
|There were a lot of Carolina Wild Petunias alongside the trails.|
|There were people canoeing and kayaking on the river. I wish I had been able to bring the kayaks!|
|This air plant's seeds are ready to be dispersed with the wind's cooperation!|
|Little Blue Heron taking a rest by the river. I wonder if the large catfish were worried about him or not...|
Greg and I still have to go back to use the kayaks there and try fishing some catfish. Pixel and I did spot a lady fishing from a canoe but there was a lot of foliage in the way so I didn't even try taking a picture of her.
How was your Sunday? I'm very late publishing and replying to your comments and I have been very bad at commenting on other blogs these past few days, I apologize. I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days!