Sunday, April 30, 2017

Recap: April Goals Vs. Accomplishments


I'm checking in to see how I did on my April Goals.

Analysis: There's no sugar coating this:  I have failed miserable in April! This is why I'm taking a break from being online all the time, my favorite "time waster", so I can regroup and try to regain control.

I know some of you would have pointed out that I have completed some goals and some are partly completed and it's true. But my list of failures is much longer and I have no excuse for most of them save for being unmotivated and lazy.  There is really no other excuse for not having met them.

PERSONAL GOALS
Completed
  • Read at least one book - Read two fiction books and one non-fiction book 
  • Turn the compost bin at least once - done on 4/3
  • Purge the plastic containers in the kitchen - done on 4/3
  • Schedule outing with Daughter - Biking the West Orange Trail and lunch on 4/12
  • Get pollinator flowers in pots for the garden (spend no more than $50) DONE but spent $100
  • Go kayaking at least once DONE on 4/9 with Youngest Son
  • Water the garden once a week when it hasn't rained It poured on 4/4 and 4/5.  Watered on 4/13 and then twice a week since I got the new flowers.
  • Go on a walk every weekend with Greg DONE West Orange Trail on 4/8; Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park on 4/15, Van Fleet Trail on  4/22, Lake Minneola Trail and Revel's Pond on 4/29
    In Progress/Partly Accomplished
    • Schedule lunch with Middle Son - in progress, he said he would sign me in to Disney but I don't know when he'll get his pass
    • Call my mom - left her a VM on 4/10
    • Visit at least 2 new state parks, with or without Greg  Visited just one: Bulow Plantation Ruins History State Park on 4/15
    • Have lunch or visit with each of my two IRL friends  Only visited with Jodie on 4/14
    • Vacuum or sweep the rest of the house once a week vacuumed once, did sweep a couple of times
    • Mop/fake mop the kitchen once a week fake mopped on 4/3 only
    • Purge the top drawer of the file cabinet in progress

    Failed/Didn't Do
    • Schedule outing with Youngest Son I gave up on D&D this month. The drive is too long, the games are too long, it's too loud, and I think the Dungeon Master is terrible. I need to find something else to do with him this summer.
    • NO MORE THAN ONE COOK'S NIGHT OUT this month! FAILED
    • Lose 2 lbs (weight goal: 218.6 lbs)  I'm back to 226 lbs
    • If/when we go out to eat, drink only water and order salads and other low-calorie meals NOPE
    • Drink at least 32 oz of water a day NOPE
    • Exercise on my recumbent bike every week night for at least 35 minutes NOPE
    • Input all my food intake in MyFitnessPal NOPE
    • No screens past 11 p.m. NOPE
    • Do the dishes every night after dinner NOPE
    • Wipe old laptop of confidential/personal information NOPE
    • Schedule dermatologist appointment for Youngest Son NOPE
    • Have Greg start giving our son driving lessons on the Focus He said he would start in the Fall. Why? because my daughter won't be driving the car anymore then. Not sure I follow the logic.
    • Send a quick email to my French BFF to see how she is doing Didn't do and have realized that she never replied to my last 3 emails so I'm giving up on that.
    • Inventory the pantry Didn't do because I didn't want to have to maintain the inventory.
    • Inventory the freezer Ditto.
    • Purge the dresser in the upstairs hallway NOPE
    • File all the pending documents NOPE
    • Write a letter or card to my great aunt, or call her NOPE
    • Wash living room windows NOPE
    • Use brush on fridge coils (last done on 2/28) NOPE
    • Back up the external drive to its own external drive NOPE

    FINANCIAL AND FRUGAL GOALS
    Completed
    • Earn one $5 gift cards in Microsoft Rewards - Earned two.
    • Calculate our Net Worth on 4/1 - DONE
    • Earn one $25 gift card in Swagbucks - DONE
    • Continue to track all expenses in my spreadsheets - DONE
    • Continue tracking Greg's paystubs in my spreadsheets - DONE
    • Continue tracking all of our expenses - DONE
    • Continue passing on items and coupons to my BFF - Saved her coupons on 4/5, got the free cat treats from Petco for her and saved her a sample of cat food too.
    • Add $166.66 to our Emergency Fund DONE

    In Progress/Partly Accomplished
    • Report all expenses on the blog, daily - Mostly. I stopped blogging before the month's end. However, reporting how much we spent doesn't seem to help reigning in the expenses so I might not do that again as I already input each expense at least twice in my spreadsheets so it's not like I'm not aware of what is being spent on what.
    • Continue to try to purchase as many items from the thrift store as possible - I did purchase some stuff from the thrift stores but I didn't make it a priority.
    Failed/Didn't Do
    • Continue to try to spend only $50 on average, per week for groceries FAILED  I spent an average of $83 per week on groceries.  
    • Continue avoiding going out to eat: pack picnics, plan meals taking into account what's going on on certain days and how I'm likely to be feeling about cooking on those days. MAJOR FAILURE. Our eating out/ordering in expenses were extremely high this month (close to $500 as of 4/28) and way too much of it was due to laziness on my part.  
    • When eating out/ordering in drink water and order low-cost, healthier foods Didn't happen at all!
    • Buy fewer snacks. Nope. I spent 10 times the amount that I had spent in January!!!  Did I mention that my weight has ballooned as well?!
    • Continue avoiding food waste as much as possible and reporting on Food Waste every Friday Didn't do it most of the month and did waste food.
    • Stay on top of RaceTrac surveys I didn't take surveys every day and I have  a huge back-up of them. However, I didn't stop by RaceTrac every day either.
    • Discuss with Greg having him call Vanguard to roll his previous employer's 401(k) into an IRA. NOPE.
    • Find out when Greg can work from home and schedule maintenance appointment for my SUV NOPE
    • Read the latest issue of Kiplinger Magazine I NOW HAVE 2 ISSUES TO READ

    No comments: