Monday, June 19, 2017

Day Book: Monday 6/19/17


Half the day has already gone by but I'm still doing a Day Book because it forces me to look at my calendar for the upcoming week!

Outside my window... gray clouds are gathering for the afternoon thunderstorms.  There is a slight breeze.  The high today will hit 90F/32.2C.

I am thinking... that I should eat lunch since it's already past 1:30 p.m.!  I'm a little hungry.

I am thankful for... the conveniences of modern life such as electricity, air conditioning, internet access, cars, washing machines!

From the learning rooms... Summer vacation, still, but Youngest Son is working on his summer school projects due in the Fall. Daughter is driving to Gainesville tomorrow morning to attend the UF Preview over the next couple of days.

From the kitchen... lots of dirty dishes are waiting for me to wash them... I've got to do it this afternoon.

I am wearing... black yoga capris, dark grey exercise tank top, my walking shoes.

I am creating... oh stop it already!  I'm creating nothing.

I am going... well, I've already ran my errands today so now I'm not going anywhere (but the kitchen to do the dishes!)

I am reading... diabetic cookbooks.  I just picked up "The Diabetes Cure" by Alexa Fleckenstein from the library.  I have a few ebooks that I need to read too. Arrgh. The pressure!

I am hoping... that Greg and I will stop bickering sometime soon. All this tension is exhausting and unnecessary.

I am hearing... the AC running, some commercial on TV.

Around the house... the cats are all sleeping or about to take a nap (it's that time of day!), Youngest Son is working on a D&D adventure for his club. My daughter should be driving back from her dad's this afternoon.

One of my favorite things... the Diabetic Exchange Journal pages that I created myself. They really help me keep my food intake in check. It'd be much harder without them.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm taking Youngest Son to the dentist tomorrow morning, Daughter is going to attend the UF Preview and sign up for her Fall classes, Youngest Son will be volunteering at the library on 3 occasions and also attending a couple of teen events with his friends, I'll go grocery shopping, meeting a friend for a walk on Thursday morning. I don't have any plans for the weekend so maybe I'll check resources to see if there are any events I'd like to attend locally.

Here's the picture I'm sharing...

Me and my dad in much happier times.
Have a good week!

8 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you and your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, look at you! You were such a cute baby! Love those cheeks! They are the kind of cheeks all babies should have. Love those booties you were wearing, too. Sounds like you've got a busy week ahead. I'm with you in being thankful for the modern conveniences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah those cheeks are my downfall as I still have them... along with a triple chin! I think my grandma had knitted my booties. Stylish, eh?

      Delete
  3. You ARE creative. You created the Diabetic Exchange journal pages for your use. You are going through the cookbook recipes and creating, not only your daily food plan, but dinners that the whole family can eat instead of you having to cook twice. You are creating plans for the weekend.

    Lovely picture. You probably also had the matching sweater and bonnet to match those booties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dress that I was wearing in the photo was also knitted by my grandma.

      I guess I mean "crafty" when I say that I'm not creative, as I'm not crafty. Still, it's hard for me to count what you list as creative endeavors. They're more like... chores :)

      Delete
  4. Love that picture of you and your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Our relationship was much warmer and simpler back then!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!