Monday, June 26, 2017

Day Book: Monday 6/26/17



Outside my window... the sun is shining at 7:45 a.m.! For once, I wanted it to be grey and rainy because my garden needs to be watered and I don't feel like doing it :)  Our high today will be 87F/30.5C.  We have a 50% chance of rain so I'm thinking it won't rain.  Those chances always appear high in the morning and then completely disappear by the afternoon...

I am thinking... that I'm going to have to water my garden, darn it!

I am thankful for... a relaxing weekend. I did basically nothing.

From the learning rooms... I haven't checked with Youngest Son on his summer projects because he's handling them on his own, as he always does. I think he has a French test today. He has a 97 in the class, according to him, I should check. He doesn't practice with me but sometimes he and his sister will throw an expression in French while we're having dinner.

From the kitchen... I just did the bulk of the dishes. I only have the pots and pans that remain to be done.

I am wearing... my now usual uniform of black and turquoise yoga capris, a dark gray exercise tank top, and my walking shoes.

I am creating... well today I need to craft a dinner menu for the week, I suppose. Oh, and I'm attending a floral arrangement class this afternoon so I guess I'll be creating an arrangement (knowing me it'll be 2 daisies in a bud vase!).

I am going... to get on my recumbent bike at 9 a.m.

I am reading... I finished "The Simple Path to Wealth" yesterday and flipped through "The Diabetes Cure" but I felt a lot of it was hokey pokey hogwash and I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes so I don't need to worry about this, I think I'm doing great.  Then I started reading a short story by Nelson deMille entitled "The Bookshelf" and I fell asleep before finishing it.  I want to restart "The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing" since I had given up on it last year.

I am hoping... to lose weight this week. My weight has been up 2 or 3 days in a row now and I should be getting my period soon too. I'm still doing well but it's annoying to see the scale go the wrong direction, for sure!

I am hearing... Vivaldi on Pandora.

Around the house... Greg just left for work. Youngest Son is still asleep. All 6 cats are in the Cat Room, doing their cat thing (i.e. sleeping or looking out the window).  Daughter is still at her dad's. she'll come home tonight.

One of my favorite things... our Roku 2.  They will pry it from my cold dead hands only!  If it dies, I'll be buying a refurbished Roku 2 :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... I just checked my calendar and I have quite NOTHING planned for the week!! Also, it's July on Saturday (and Canada Day!), already.  So it should be a low cost week.  I'll go shopping on Wednesday and perhaps I'll make myself go to Walmart so I can use one of the Swagbucks gc that I've been hoarding.  Groan.  Youngest Son has his usual summertime volunteering to do at the library so he'll need me to drive him there on Thursday.  I'll try to have him practice his stick shift driving every day that the Focus is here.  I should make plans to go visit a park or a trail but it's hot outside and I'm a delicate flower :)

Here's the picture I'm sharing... I'm actually shared a series of three pictures that Greg took on Saturday while he was kayaking on the Clermont Chain of Lakes.

It's kind of hard to see, so I played with the photo a bit, see below. But first, notice the ski rope
with the handle hanging from the tree branch....

OK so now notice the pieces of wood that someone has nailed alongside the cypress's trunk...
This tree is in the middle of the lake so you have to use a boat to reach it.  And then they turned
it into one of those watering holes swings!

More trees in the water at the entrance of Lake Minnehaha.

Have a good week!

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's me, too--a delicate flower in the heat. I'm going to start using that because really do wilt in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free, I didn't come up with it, hahaha. Thanks for offering to post more pictures of poison ivy, btw, I need to imprint that plant into my memory :)

      Here's hoping that you're not wilting today!

      Delete
  2. I am not a delicate flower in the heat, I just expect in advance to have a red "glowing"face, limp hair and damp clothes.
    What gorgeous pictures of the cypress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came back from the garden so I strongly resemble your comment :) And of course, after 4 days of "You're definitely getting rain today" only for it not to rain, I go out to water the garden and.... it starts pouring but not after I've watered most of the garden!

      Delete
  3. I love the tree swing! But most of all, I enjoyed the last picture of the lake, itself. All that water and the clouds overhead made me feel nice and cool! I really wish I lived near a body of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the Silver Lake Reservoir? Is that far away from you?

      Delete
    2. No, not too far. Depending on time of day and freeway conditions, I can get there in 30 minutes to 1 hour! These days, the surface of at least one of the two reservoirs that make up Silver Lake is covered with black plastic "shade" balls. They did that at another reservoir, too, but friends and I went there the weekend before they added the shade balls. :)

      Delete
  4. Lots of creativity going on this week, eh Nathalie? And yay for starting off Domestic Monday by washing up all those dishes. You have already done more than I have by mid-afternoon. "The cats are in the Cat Room doing their cat thing". *snort* Love that. Greg takes some pretty decent photos. I have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His iPhone 7 takes much better pictures than my iPhone 5S! You're gonna be proud of the floral arrangement I just created at the library!

      Delete
  5. My weight has been up 2 or 3 days in a row now <-- Same here, which is infuriating since I can't blame an imminent period!

    Nice photos of Lake Minnehaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, we need to find out excuses, then! Maybe it's time for a haircut?

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!