Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer 2017 Road Trip ~ Day 9: Plymouth, NC to Atlanta, GA (Saturday, June 10, 2017)



Not much happened today, we drove all day.  We didn't really take any pictures. My daughter took one of the SC sign and that's it.

I had a bad night.  People across the hall from us kept on talking in the hallway and letting the doors slam.  I asked them to be quiet at about 10:30 p.m. and they looked at me as if I had 2 heads, and then they kept on letting the door(s) slam until 2:00 a.m.  I couldn't call the Front Desk on them because by the time I got up to see who had done that, the door had already closed, but I know it was the folks staying across from us and a few doors down.  I complained to the Front Desk about it this morning, more to vent than anything else.  It was the most expensive hotel night (aside from tonight's) so I was very annoyed.  The door slamming resumed at 7:45 a.m. so I went to get breakfast for my daughter and me and brought it back to the bedroom because if I had ran into the people making the noise in the breakfast area, blood was going to be shed!



We left Plymouth, NC at about 9:15ish this morning.  Looking back, I should have tried planning the weekend in advance, that would have avoided us driving so far East to then backtrack back to Atlanta!

She didn't take another picture of the Georgia sign since we had already taken one...
It was a long day today and we were tired when we got into Atlanta.  I drove for most of the way but my daughter drove for a couple of hours too.  We played Disney movie songs from Spotify almost the whole way and I think I cried for at least 80% of the trip because of the memories of singing the songs with Oldest Son when he was little (I still can't hear certain songs without tearing up immediately). Some songs just make me sob uncontrollably!  My daughter also cried during some songs that have special meaning for her so we were a pair of blubbering idiots today, also laughing a lot, though.   But tonight my eyes are doubly tired and I can't wait to go to sleep.



That being said, the hotel is full and they gave us the room right next to the side door to the pool and we share a wall with the staircase. There are kids running in the halls and the staircase, being loud, and letting the door slam!  I've already talked to the front desk to ask to be switched to another room but they said they were completely full and to let them know if there continues to be noise.  It's 9:30 p.m. and the pool is supposed to close at 9:00 p.m. so hopefully the noise will die down now.  It's just infuriating that I'm spending another $150 on a hotel room and we can't sleep.  But the bed is really comfy.



Traffic around Atlanta, even on a Saturday, was bad.  I'm so glad I don't live here. I would never want to live in a large city.

For lunch we stopped at Subway and then ate in the car, and for dinner, there is a Zaxby's right next door to the hotel and  we were too tired to drive anywhere else so we just walked over and ordered our food to go so we could eat it at the hotel.  I got a salad, but I hadn't calculated my food intake yet so I went over my calories by about 400 calories today (yikes) and I'm too tired to go exercise. Oh well.  Also I didn't drink my 8 cups. As a matter of fact, I have gotten close but no cigar for several days in a row. I'll have to be stricter with myself once I'm home.



Greg didn't go fishing after all. He slept in and went to Lowe's to get wood to finish the reparations on the front porch. He didn't get to seal or paint the wood, though, as it started raining so he hopes he'll be able to do that tomorrow.  Youngest Son mowed the backyard for him and will mow the front yard tomorrow.

Oldest Son texted me back tonight to ask if I wanted to go to Epcot on Tuesday, but a look at the weather predictions showed 60% chance of rain on Tuesday but only 30% on Wednesday so we agreed to go on Wednesday instead. He thinks he might be able to have them wave me into the parking lot if I drive right behind him so we'll meet at a gas station beforehand and will try that. It would save me $20.

Speaking of which, I have to pay $25 to park at Six Flags tomorrow.  What a ripoff!  I downloaded their free app so we can get updated on ride wait times, etc.  Just looking at the pictures of the roller coasters, I got a little nauseous and frightened. I used to loooooove roller coasters but now I'm a big chicken. The idea of riding a roller coaster is exciting until I get faced with actually doing it and now I'm thinking that I'll be holding my daughter's purse while she rides them on her own, lol. We'll see.  My plan is still to drive at least 3 hours after we leave the park so we're that much closer to being home so I hope we won't be too tired... and that I don't lose my eyeglasses. I'll need to remember to put them in a locker with my fanny pack and have my daughter guide me as if I were blind after that.


8 comments:

  1. I have always been afraid of roller coasters. Did you end up riding one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rode 4 rides, 3 of them rollercoasters! Wait, I think it must have been 4 rollercoasters and 5 rides now that I think of it. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be and I didn't get sick at all. But I closed my eyes and screamed quite a lot!

      Delete
  2. Yum, your salad looks so good! I'm sorry your night was disturbed by other guests not being considerate. You were in Atlanta the week after my daughter went there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that! We actually drove off I-75 on our way to Chattanooga in order to avoid Atlanta and the nightmarish traffic during the week that she was there, otherwise I would have waved at her symbolically! I hope she had a good business trip!

      Delete
  3. That was a LOT of driving today, but I am kind of amused just picturing your daughter and yourself crying and blubbering over Disney songs. I understand the whys, but it is still a funny picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was funny, we were crying and laughing at our silliness at the same time, haha.

      Delete
  4. You drove by Greenville, SC - that's where my son lives!

    Sorry about the noisy hotel. Been there, done that - very frustrating.

    I can't do roller coasters. I am a chicken, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I remember you told me he lived there! I would have waved at him from the car, LOL! I think it might be a long time before I go back on a roller coaster. I used to love them and now I go from indifferent to anxious :)

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!