Today was a "blah" day. I didn't feel like doing much and I didn't do much. But I didn't really enjoy myself much either, I was mostly bored and uninspired to do anything. The boredom led to eating things I shouldn't have eaten and only laziness prevented me from ordering that pizza from Domino's that I could get for free because I have a reward available. So yay for laziness!
SUCCESSES AND FAILURES
- My night was much the same as the same before, unfortunately, but I didn't have to wake up at 7:30 a.m. (although my bladder had other ideas) so it was more relaxing and restful in that sense. Explorer and Princess also had other ideas. They cuddled and then cajoled to try to get me to get up (licking me and then nipping me!) for an hour and a half so I finally gave up and got up at 9 a.m. I'm not as tired as I was yesterday morning so it's good.
- I fed the cats and realized that I had forgotten to clean their litter boxes last night. Oops, gotta do that this morning. This is what happens when I don't have a To Do List posted to cross out!
- I did reach my 600 team points last night for the SB Challenge and my team is still in 1st place, woohoo! I'll probably run videos again this morning now that I've decided that I'm probably going to be giving the gift cards to my daughter to help with the expenses of college. I didn't do it with my sons because they have a terrible track record with gift cards (lost them on several occasions) so with them I'd just give them a little bit of cash here and there.
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards credits and a few Swagbucks.
- I wasn't really hungry for breakfast but I knew that if I didn't eat anything while drinking the espresso bean coffee, I'd start getting nauseous. My first instinct was to get a bowl of Cheerios but I thought better of it since I bought an onion yesterday and eating the egg white omelet in the morning helps me stay full longer. So I made my usual and also toasted an English muffin on which I spread some sugar free strawberry fruit spread. I've been wanting carbs lately (ugh) and also I bought those muffins on 50% clearance several weeks ago so they're very crumbly and I need to eat them sooner than later. 2 to go and I have another pack in the freezer too.
- I have 2 opened bags of spinach in the fridge right now: one that is past its prime, and that's the one I'm using to add to my omelet since I cook those down. The other I just bought yesterday and I use that spinach for salads and my lunch time wrap.
- Zinio sent me an email that two of the magazines that I "subscribe" to via my library membership had new issues. So I checked them out. I always forget to check out the magazines on Zinio when I'm kind of bored and just want to veg. I need to remember to check out their line-up as there are several magazines that I could stand to flip through. This morning I flipped through "Prevention" (there was an article about end of life care which was interesting but brought back tons of memories from my stepmom's passing as I took care of her at the very end and it was rough) and "Taste of Home". I printed several pages from both magazines with recipes that I might want to try. I am a recipe addict, it's ridiculous. I have so many cookbooks and printouts and yet I don't particularly enjoy the cooking. I think I'm clipping those in case I ever win the lottery so I can have a chef and tell her/him "Please cook this for me today!". LOL. Damn it, I should have married a chef.
- Speaking of marriage, I called Greg this morning. They were taking down their tent. They had a good night (in Fredericksburg, VA) as the weather was cool, and Greg slept in. They're driving to Annapolis, MD today and then to Pennsylvania.
- A quick look outside made me realize that I probably need to mow the backyard before they come home, as it's starting to look shaggy again despite Youngest Son mowing it just a week ago. Ugh.
- My daughter got up and announced that she was going to clean her room today. So much for my trying to convince her to drive to the Orlando Trader Joe's with me to get more macaroons, LOL. I should follow her lead and do some cleaning myself. I have just a little bit of dishes to do and I really ought to dust and vacuum. Nothing interesting on TV today so I don't have any excuses. Wah.
- I checked the preview for the upcoming CVS and Walgreens weekly ads and made note of what I might get (just a gallon of milk from CVS at $2.99, possibly).
- My brother from Marseille and his GF must be back home from their mountain home because he posted some pictures on Instagram yesterday. I love this picture of their cat, just relaxing on their balcony!
- I texted my BFF to ask if she needed me to send her Wawa survey information to get a free coffee tomorrow morning when we meet.
- Ugh, the shower stall needs a very thorough scrubbing! I'm not in the mood right now so I just sprayed some bleach in there but I'm going to need to take everything out of there, strip down and scrub, scrub, scrub. My dream is to go away on vacation and come back and both the bathrooms and the kitchen have been remodeled and I didn't have to get involved or even be here to stress about it all. Calgon, take me away!
- There are a bunch of great deals on airfare to Paris on Norwegian Air being posted on Slickdeals, but of course that airline doesn't fly from Orlando. It's really pissing me off that Orlando is such a busy tourist destination but there aren't ANY airlines that will fly to Paris right from here :( Seriously?!?
- I'm not motivated to do anything. It's summer time. I can't be outdoors because it's too hot (well for me to enjoy being outdoors!). Traditionally, summer is a great time to read lots of books! I haven't read anything, nor do I have anything on hold at the library. So I checked Overdrive, put 3 books on hold, and checked out a 4th one. I'll try to do some reading on my Kindle today.
- I reused a plastic bag that we were given at Wawa yesterday to gather the clumped contents of all 4 litter boxes. I also swept the kitchen.
- I made my bed and grabbed my Kindle from my bedstand. I was going to remake Greg's bed since I washed his bedding, but I had left the sheet downstairs. Arrgh. I'm going to fold the laundry now so next time I go upstairs, it won't be for just one task. I like to make my stair climbing count!
- An hour and a half later... nope, didn't fold the laundry! I decided to drive to RaceTrac to get our daily free Sodapalooza refills but my daughter didn't want to come so I ended up getting (3) caffeine free Diet Coke refills for myself. Yay!
- When I got home, I was distracted by a butterfly on the patio, so I grabbed my camera and went to check on the garden. Bad news? Weeds! I spent quite a bit of time pulling them until I told myself that I would suffer much less if I just got up super early one morning and pulled them when the patio and berm were still in the shade.
- Good news? papaya seedlings, new serrano pepper seedlings, the tiny lettuce head is still surviving, the lone tomato plants is still as well! And the beans are continuing to grow. I think I might have to harvest a pineapple sooner than I planned as it is completely yellow. It smells faintly sweet if I put my nose right on it, so maybe I'll just wait longer. It's tiny because it's being grown in a pot.
|The impatiens are blooming again|
|Hmm, a bug on the milkweeds that I cut down but...|
|There is regrowth starting at the base! Most of the seedlings that had popped out in the pot were eaten by the caterpillars, though.|
|Weeds are back, but so are their pretty flowers here|
|You can't really tell in the picture but a couple of the bean plants have reached the top of the poles!|
|Those basil seedlings are doing much better now that I have weeded the bin!|
|Papaya seedlings! I need to re-read the information about how to grow a tree.|
|Serrano pepper seedlings!|
|I can't believe that ANY lettuce is brave enough to grow in this heat!|
|The tomato plant hasn't grown much, it's just not raining enough I guess. But it's still alive!|
|I have roses and a couple of hibiscus flowers!|
- Not good but I don't care news? The eggplant was ruined by the stink bugs and it was all shriveled up. I went to pluck it to let it rot in the dirt, but it actually disintegrated in my hand as it had completely rotted on the plant.
- I had set aside 5 empty cat litter jugs a couple of days ago so I refilled them with rain water at the rain barrel and set them aside with the rest. If it doesn't rain today, I'm definitely going to have to get up super early tomorrow and water before I head out to meet my BFF. However, a quick look at my Weather app reveals that we are expecting 100% chance of rain later on this afternoon. I hope so, less work for me!
- When I came back inside, it was past 1 p.m. so I made my lunch even though I'm still full from breakfast. Waiting to long to eat will just cause me to make poor choices once I'm hungry for good. I'm counting the weed pulling as exercise for today, it was dang hot.
- And then I just puttered around on the computer! I did try to read the book that I had downloaded from the library, but it ended up being a romance novel/thriller so I gave up pretty early on. But not early enough to avoid the munchies and I snacked on dried apples and then air-popped popcorn (but with some melted coconut oil and sugar on top. Arrgh, the book wasn't worth cheating on my diet!).
- It started raining at 5:30 p.m. hooray! And it didn't stop for 2 hours, yay!
- Greg texted me that they made it to Valley Forge just before it closed, that they're having dinner and then were planning on driving to Gettysburg and stay in a hotel there. But a bit later he said they had changed their minds and were going to go to Lancaster and visit the Amish. Probably because he and Youngest Son love "Amish Paradise" by Weird Al Yankovic :)
- Read newest issues of several magazines online for free via my library's partnership with Zinio
- I borrowed a library e-book via Overdrive/my library system
- 3 Sodapalooza refills from RaceTrac
- I'm counting the rain as a freebie :) No need for me to pay to get the garden watered!
- Got more sleep than the previous night :)
- Breakfast was an egg white omelet with onion, zucchini and spinach, an English muffin with sugar free strawberry spread, and 1/4 of a papaya. I do take a multivitamin for women in the mornings.
- Lunch was a chicken guacamole wrap, spinach and strawberry salad, and 2 clementines
- Snacks were bad: 8 Thin Wheat crackers (reduced fat), some dried apple slices (too many!), 4 or 5 cups of popcorn with 2 tbsp melted coconut oil and 1 tbsp sugar, strawberry shake. Ugh
- For dinner I had a chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun with guac, tortilla chips and salsa, and 2 clementines
To Do List
Plan today's food intakeDONE ExerciseI PULLED WEEDS IN THE HEAT!
- Record today's food intake into MFP
- Take Wawa survey? TEXTED BFF to ask if she needs one
Look at CVS and Walgreens ad previews and work on shopping list for next weekDONE
- Empty dishwasher
- Do the dishes
- Remake Greg's bed
- Fold the laundry
- Put the laundry away
- File coupons
- Explore Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services webpage and get started on process
- Create Greg's online Social Security Account (with him) and update my documents
- Post trip pictures on French blog
- Finish backing up all pictures to my external drive (when Greg and our son are on their camping trip)
- Figure out where I was in the process of backing up my external drive!
- Make hummingbird nectar
- Trim bushes in front of the house
- Transplant ferns from bin into front yard
- Transplant all basil seedlings from berm and patio to the empty garden beds
- Pull weeds from planter near house/hose
Pull weeds from bermDONE
- Pull weeds from rose planter
- Pull weeds from in between patio pavers IN PROGRESS
- Lay down more cardboard on top of mulch
- Mulch the berm again (next week)
- Mow the lawn
- Decide what to plant in the garden this fall and where
- Water potted begonia
Clean all litter boxesDONE Feed all cats in the morningDONE Feed all cats in the eveningDONE
- Dust Cat Room and Living Room
- Vacuum downstairs
- Vacuum upstairs
- Vacuum both staircases
- Mend some items from the mending basket
- Take Youngest Son driving (on hold until he comes back)
- Vacuum fridge's coils
- Explore Will and Power of Attorney forms on LegalZoom and discuss with Greg
- Find a good picture of our cats and order bag from Shutterfly for Daughter with freebie code
- Inventory what batteries we need for hurricane season
- Finish the 2014 Powerpoint document for Daughter
- Add clip art to all 2012, 2013 and 2014 pages that I created and print them
- Declutter this past year's school files and prep new files for this coming year
- Tape the Strength Training videos and put on dedicated SD card (once the large TV is reconnected)
- Put bleach in furnace drain line for maintenance
- Pour Drano down kitchen sink for maintenance
- Scrub the WHOLE shower (including ceiling)
- Clean exercise room vent
- Vacuum kitchen vents
- Fix kitchen sliding drawer
- Install window shades in my bedroom
- Wash bathroom and hall ceiling, door jamb
- Write letter to Target CEO (once refund has been issued)
- Call SunTrust and Chase re: bonds
- Reconcile FSA records to make sure we're not missing money in the account
- Add Osmocote plant food to hibiscus and roses
Check on beans and papaya seeds (daily) and water as neededDONE
- Order rain barrel from Home Depot
- Declutter the old coffee table IN PROGRESS