I slept pretty well last night and, while Princess and Explorer did sleep with me and took quite a bit of space (especially Princess. who likes to sleep between my legs and stretches out as much as she can!), my bladder was the one waking me up every couple of hours... until 7:15 a.m. when I got a nip on my calf. I guess that's my new alarm.
SUCCESSES AND FAILURES
- It poured last night so there's no need for me to water the garden, and I had just cleaned my nails so I decided to not go and pull weeds this morning. I drank the rest of the decaf coffee that I had brewed last night since I'll be leaving in a few minutes to go meet my BFF for free coffee and a breakfast panini at Wawa.
- Then, when I come back, I hope to have enough energy and motivation to do some chores. I feel like Greg and Youngest Son have been gone forever but it hasn't even been one week yet!
- I packed a couple of samples of gummy vitamins and of wet cat food that I had gotten in the mail so I can bring them to my BFF.
- I've earned a few SB and the daily MS Rewards points.
- I drove my SUV to my BFF's. I should have driven the Focus for better gas economy, but I forgot.
- My BFF had told me that she had a coupon for a free coffee at Wawa but needed help figuring out how to print it properly, so I helped her to do that when I got to her house.
- She was appreciative of the free samples I brought her and said she would definitely use them.
- We both got breakfast paninis to go with our 24-oz free coffees and we each paid for our own. I charged my panini to my Amex and hope to get 2% back in Rewards since it's a gas station.
- I requested a receipt so I can earn yet another free coffee from Wawa.
- We managed to snag a table in the shade and it wasn't too hot or humid, yay. She didn't have to work until later on tonight and was feeling like I felt like yesterday (i.e. not wanting to do anything!) so we took our time chatting. We stayed there for 3 hours, lol. Our kids are both starting at UF next month in the same major but will be living in different places and have different financial aid sources, so we compared what we had learned from Financial Affairs to make sure the kids weren't missing any piece of information. Then I gave her some information about where to check her credit score, pulling her credit report, etc.
- I drove straight home after dropping her back at her house since I didn't have any shopping to do (I usually go grocery shopping right after visiting her since I could pass all the stores I use on my way home if I wanted to) and took the back roads. I called my daughter to let her know I was coming home and ask her if she wanted to do anything this afternoon (she did but we weren't sure of what we wanted to do) and then Greg and Youngest Son to check up on them. They had gotten to Gettysburg and were touring the battlefield.
- It poured on my way home and I was hoping it was raining at home too but it dried up before I got there. I stopped at RaceTrac and got 2 Sodapalooza refills for myself.
- When I got home, my daughter was playing with the kittens so I sat on the Cat Couch next to her and we chatted. Male Cat is missing Youngest Son so he jumped on my lap and made himself very comfortable indeed!
- My daughter announced that she would go visit her dad this weekend and leaving tonight so she can help Middle Son with a college assignment he has (he needs to tape himself giving a speech to an audience) so I guess I'll be alone this weekend and she'll be fed at her dad's. I'll also turn the AC to a higher temperature on the side of the house where her room is located.
- I had a call asking me to confirm my attendance at the next free flower arranging class at the library on Monday so I did call them to confirm. This month, the theme is "green". It reminded me to throw away the rest of the patriotic flower arrangement that I had done last month and completely forgotten about, lol. I'm keeping the American flag, though.
- It started raining while I was chatting with my daughter but it didn't last long. Still, free water!
- I was checking some headlines on my phone while my daughter was playing with the cats and saw that Lifehacker had posted an article about credit score and credit reports, which is very serendipitous since I had just been talking to my BFF about it and told her I'd send her information about what the various ranges on a FICO score meant once I got home! So I forwarded the article to her and also to Middle Son and Daughter and bookmarked it for myself. This is an excellent article, you should read it. It points to various free resources to pull not only your FICO score but also your credit report.
- I made my lunch and then went to catch up on the Law & Order marathon running on ION TV (over the air channel) today. Woohoo, I love Fridays :)
|Chicken guac wrap, with spinach/strawberry salad with light balsamic vinaigrette and 1/4 papaya|
- The sky got really dark again at 2 p.m., it looks like we'll have a rainy Friday afternoon.
- A Slickdeals post alerted me to an opportunity to get a free subscription to Country Living and I was tempted. However, I checked the magazines available for free to me online via my library system and Zinio and it's one of the titles offered so I was able to just flip through it online (and salivate over lakeside homes in several states!).
- I printed Greg's latest paystub and tracked it in my Tax worksheet. I had set up an automatic transfer to savings corresponding to Greg's 2016 and 2017 raise amounts and the FICA that he no longer has to pay for the rest of 2017 and made sure the transfer happened. Then I balanced all our accounts. I like making sure everything balances to the penny.
- Since my BFF didn't need the free coffee coupon from Wawa, I took the survey with my 2nd receipt and printed the coupon for myself.
- There was a Slickdeals post about checking the Starbucks app for a message stating that we could get 1 year renewal of the Gold Level if we just made 1 purchase by the end of the month. They granted me Gold Level out of the blue in January (I really never go to Starbucks!) but I checked my app anyway and sure enough, I have the offer in there. So I might go and treat my daughter to a snack next week so I can get the extension on the Gold Level. Even if I don't use it, lol.
- I ventured into the backyard once the rain had stopped. It was cool(er) and the sun hadn't come out again so I set about pulling some weeds that had popped up again in the garden area, the berm, and most of the ones on the patio. Woohoo! Of course, I'll have to do it all over again in a few days :(
- Aaaaaand that's pretty much all I did today! I puttered around on the laptop while Law & Order was playing in the background. I cooked dinner (my daughter wasn't hungry and left to go to her dad's), and cuddled with New Kitty when she demanded cuddles :) I fed the cats, and I'll be cleaning their litter boxes shortly.
- 2 Sodapalooza refills at RaceTrac
- A 24 oz hazelnut coffee at Wawa with redemption of survey reward coupon
- Free watering for my garden from Mother Nature, lol
- I read the latest issue of Country Living for free via Zinio/My library system
To Do List
- Plan today's food intake
- Record today's food intake into MFP
- Empty dishwasher
- Do the dishes
- Remake Greg's bed
- Fold the laundry
- Put the laundry away
- File coupons
- Explore Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services webpage and get started on process
- Create Greg's online Social Security Account (with him) and update my documents
- Post trip pictures on French blog
- Finish backing up all pictures to my external drive (when Greg and our son are on their camping trip)
- Figure out where I was in the process of backing up my external drive!
- Make hummingbird nectar
- Trim bushes in front of the house
- Transplant ferns from bin into front yard
- Transplant all basil seedlings from berm and patio to the empty garden beds
- Pull weeds from planter near house/hose
Pull weeds from bermDONE
- Pull weeds from rose planter
Pull weeds from in between patio paversDONE
- Lay down more cardboard on top of mulch
- Mulch the berm again (next week)
- Mow the lawn
- Edge the berm
- Decide what to plant in the garden this fall and where
- Water potted begonia
- Clean all litter boxes WILL DO LATER ON TONIGHT
Feed all cats in the morningDONE Feed all cats in the eveningDONE
- Dust Cat Room and Living Room
- Vacuum downstairs
- Vacuum upstairs
- Vacuum both staircases
- Mend some items from the mending basket
- Take Youngest Son driving (on hold until he comes back)
- Vacuum fridge's coils
- Explore Will and Power of Attorney forms on LegalZoom and discuss with Greg
- Find a good picture of our cats and order bag from Shutterfly for Daughter with freebie code
- Inventory what batteries we need for hurricane season
- Finish the 2014 Powerpoint document for Daughter
- Add clip art to all 2012, 2013 and 2014 pages that I created and print them
- Declutter this past year's school files and prep new files for this coming year
- Tape the Strength Training videos and put on dedicated SD card (once the large TV is reconnected)
- Put bleach in furnace drain line for maintenance
- Pour Drano down kitchen sink for maintenance
- Scrub the WHOLE shower (including ceiling)
- Clean exercise room vent
- Vacuum kitchen vents
- Fix kitchen sliding drawer
- Install window shades in my bedroom
- Wash bathroom and hall ceiling, door jamb
- Write letter to Target CEO (once refund has been issued)
- Call SunTrust and Chase re: bonds
- Reconcile FSA records to make sure we're not missing money in the account
Take Wawa surveyDONE Track Greg's paystub in my Tax WorksheetDONE Make sure appropriate amount was sent to SavingsDONE
- Add Osmocote plant food to hibiscus and roses
Check on beans and papaya seeds (daily) and water as neededIT RAINED AGAIN
- Order rain barrel from Home Depot
- Declutter the old coffee table IN PROGRESS
I thinking I'm going to have to be super productive this weekend to make up for not doing much these past two days... sigh.