Monday, July 10, 2017

Day Book: Monday 7/10/17



Outside my window... It's bright and sunny and the sky is blue with big white clouds. It's 10:20 a.m. and I just got up! Our high today should be 90F/32.2C and we have a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

I am thinking... that I don't know why I've been sleeping so much lately! It's throwing off my groove!

I am thankful for... Explorer coming to cuddle with me this morning, and falling back asleep on my pillow while I was holding his little paws. Every time I'd open my eyes I'd see his cute little face next to me. I'm in love :)

From the learning rooms... Youngest Son is working hard to finish his last summer school project before he goes on his camping trip with his dad, later on this week. Daughter is still reviewing Calculus so she can retake the math placement test. She is improving every time she takes practice tests :)

From the kitchen... well, to the surprise of absolutely no one, there are dirty dishes waiting for me this morning. I kind of have a menu for the week, we'll see if I stick to it.

I am wearing... A knock on the door woke we up (it was Fedex with my new bed base from Amazon!) so I threw on yesterday's clothes to come downstairs: black yoga pants, dark gray exercise tank top.

I am creating... well, this week I'll be creating 2 greeting cards at a workshop I'm attending with my daughter.

I am going... today? Maybe to RaceTrac otherwise I plan on staying home.

I am reading... hmm, nothing but blogs right now.  The latest Kiplinger's came in the mail last week so I ought to read it.

I am hoping... that I'll get back in to my groove soon!  Arrgh. It's nice to sleep in, but it does nothing for upping my energy level.

I am hearing... I turned the TV on when I came down and Law & Order: Criminal Intent was on. I've already seen the episode several times so I'm not paying attention. I should just turn it off or listen to music.

Around the house... Greg is at work. Youngest Son was up earlier (I heard him slam some doors!) but went back to sleep, apparently!  My daughter is still at her dad's, she's coming home tonight.

One of my favorite things... right now, it's my mattress because it's really super, super comfy.

A few plans for the rest of the week... going to try to be semi-domestic today (!), my daughter and I will be spending the day in Mount Dora on Wednesday (lunching, shopping, and attending the greeting card workshop at the library). It's Bastille Day on Friday although I typically don't celebrate it, and then on Saturday I'm going to a "Grow & Eat Caribbean Style" workshop at my county's Extension Office. Greg and our son are leaving on their camping trip Sunday.

Here's the picture I'm sharing... Sorry, nothing this week, I already posted all the pictures that I took!


Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to sleep in, again, Nathalie. Explorer is being a good boy letting you sleep in! Glad you received your new bed base! Now you just have to pursue that refund from Target!

    Ha, ha, guess what? I've some dirty dishes waiting for me, too, in my kitchen! I didn't feel like doing last night's dinner dishes and now, there is this morning's tea cup added to the pile!

    Card making at the library with your daughter sounds like a fun activity! Susan had better watch out! That "Grow and Eat" workshop sounds interesting, too. Sounds like you have a fun week planned, overall.

    I hope you have a lovely week ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you have a lovely week as well. I don't think Susan has anything to fear from my
      "competition" as my cards will probably be all crooked and boring. She's the queen of the cards, for sure!

      You know, if I lived alone, I probably would do the dishes like once a week. Oh wait... I already do that. Well, not quite but if I could get away with it, I would!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!