TO DO LIST:
Gather trash and take trash and yard waste bins down to the curbDONE Plan my food intake for the dayDONE
- Record today's food intake into MFP
Do the dishesDONE Fold the laundryDONE Put the laundry awayDONE
- Make banana chocolate chip muffins
- Explore Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services webpage and get started on process
- Create Greg's online Social Security Account (with him) and update my documents
- Continue checking Target's Redcard account to see if they credited my refund. Then schedule payment (due 8/2)
- Post trip pictures on French blog
- Finish backing up all pictures to my external drive (when Greg and our son are on their camping trip)
- Figure out where I was in the process of backing up my external drive!
- Make hummingbird nectar
- Trim bushes in front of the house (next week)
- Transplant ferns from bin into front yard (next week)
- Transplant all seedlings from berm and patio to the empty garden beds (next week)
- Mulch the berm again (next week)
- Decide what to plant in the garden this fall and where
Clean upstairs litterboxDONE
- Mend some items from the mending basket
- Take Youngest Son driving
- Vacuum fridge's coils
- Explore Will and Power of Attorney forms on LegalZoom and discuss with Greg
- Find a good picture of our cats and order bag from Shutterfly for Daughter with freebie code
- Inventory what batteries we need for hurricane season
- Finish the 2014 Powerpoint document for Daughter
- Add clip art to all 2012, 2013 and 2014 pages that I created and print them
- Declutter this past year's school files and prep new files for this coming year
- Check if there is any money in Daughter's school lunch account and if so, request that it'd be transferred to Youngest Son's
- Tape the Strength Training videos and put on dedicated SD card (once the large TV is reconnected)
- Put bleach in furnace drain line for maintenance
- Clean the inside of the dishwasher
- Clean exercise room vent
- Vacuum kitchen vents
- Vacuum the downstairs
- Vacuum the upstairs
- Fix kitchen sliding drawer
- Wash bathroom and hall ceiling, door jamb (next week)
- Write letter to Target CEO
- Reconcile FSA records to make sure we're not missing money in the account
Print dinner menu for the weekDONE
- Write groceries post for the week IN PROGRESS
- Freeze half the milk (waiting to clear room in the freezer!)
- Add Osmocote plant food to hibiscus and roses
Check on beans and papaya seeds (daily) and water as neededDONE Schedule credit card paymentsDONE
- Order rain barrel from Home Depot (find gift card first!)
Empty small composting binDONE Add water to large composting bin and turn itDONE
- Declutter the old coffee table IN PROGRESS
- I didn't have a good night. It wasn't the bed's fault, it was comfy. Although, it kind of was too. You see, Explorer thought it was great... as a playground! He hopped on and off all night, played underneath, brought toys in the room and played soccer with them, marvelled at the fact that he was once again at the right height to explore my bedstand, try to get to the mini blinds, look into the under-the-eaves small closet through the window in the door, and generally make a racket all night without ever settling down to sleep. Ugh.
- I had packed Greg's lunch last night and left him a note about it since he went to bed before me, so I turned off my alarm for this morning. Only, I guess I thought I turned it off, but I actually turned on the 5:15 a.m. alarm. So after a night of tossing and turning, my phone rang at 5:15 a.m. Needless to say, I didn't get up and went back to sleep.
- I was woken up at 8 a.m. by Princess (who was sitting on my chest, staring at me and liking my forehead, alternatively) and Explorer and Tabby Kitty who were both sitting at my feet, playing and waiting for me to wake up. This never happens anymore, Tabby Kitty usually doesn't come to see me. So I got up :)
- A cat had an urgent need to use the litter box upstairs last night and peed, and peed, and peed. Honestly, I thought it was Greg in the bathroom that is right next to my bedroom. It woke me up, it was so loud. When I cleaned the litter box this morning, though, and found a HUGE clump of litter in there, it reminded me that I never heard a human walking around so either Greg peed in the litter box or some cat had been holding it for a long time, LOL. Which one do you think is most likely? Yeah, I'm pretty sure my husband didn't use the litterbox :)
- I reused a bread bag to clean the upstairs litterbox.
- I found more weird outlook.com subscribers last night so I deleted the widget that lets people follow via email from my blog. I think that if you're already following via email, you'll still get the posts. But if you hadn't followed me via email yet and want to, you won't have that option anymore, you'll have to either bookmark the blog and visit whenever you want to catch up, or start using an RSS feed reader/aggregator such as Feedly (which is free and very easy to use).
- If I continue to see weird "followers" in Feedburner, then I will discontinue all email subscriptions. I'm sorry but there aren't any good reasons why those fake followers keep getting added to my subscribers, unless someone is somehow using the resulting emails for some nefarious goal (social engineering or worse) and it's making me nervous. As of this morning, deleting the widget seems to have worked and I don't see any new fake subscribers, fingers crossed. And as of tonight, no new fake subscribers either :)
- So Greg took leftovers to work, woohoo!
- I earned the daily Microsoft Rewards for the day and a couple of Swagbucks.
- I froze most of the strawberries that I bought this weekend as some of them were on the verge of getting pretty mushy. I paid $0.49 per lb, I wish I had realized that they had been marked down before I got home or I would have bought more!
- I'm kind of back on a more regular schedule: getting up at 8 a.m. (earlier than the previous days!), making my egg white omelet for breakfast, watching half of L&O:CI at 10 a.m. I still need to work in a session on my recumbent bike and I'll almost be back to my new normal, just in time to spend most of the day away from the house and eating out for lunch tomorrow, LOL.
- I had to compost the rest of the container of mushrooms that I had bought last week as they had all turned mushy, yuck. I really need to go back to making sure I use up all the produce that I buy. Later on, I also composted the bottom of the large bag of collard greens that I had bought on clearance several weeks ago.
- The administrator for our Health FSA account required me to submit an Explanation of Benefits for the charge that I made against our account at the eye doctor last week so I scanned the paperwork they gave me and submitted it. When I did that, I noticed that the noted available balance on my account is lower than what my own records indicate, so I printed a couple of reports and I'll need to reconcile this.
- I folded the laundry. Tabby Kitty was very restless so he decided to "help" me. When I was done folding it, I got the kittens' favorite toy out of the closet where I keep it hidden. It's one of those long, flexible wands with colorful feathers and a little bell attached at the end. They absolutely go crazy for it and I guess all three of them had energy to burn today as all three of them raced after it and made some spectacular jumps, something that usually only Tabby Kitty seems to do (the other two mostly observe, he is quite a bully however, getting in everyone's face!). So I went about the house, putting some laundry away while having the kittens run after me :) They had fun, I put some of the laundry away, and then they had to take a rest because they were breathing hard, lol.
- My daughter is going to run an errand with her BFF so I asked her to stop by RaceTrac to get Sodapalooza refills for Youngest Son and myself. Unfortunately, she didn't taste the lemonade she got for Youngest Son before she left RaceTrac and it ended up being very watery so he dumped it :(
- She picked up her pottery piece that she did last week. It's the virgo constellation.
- I checked my garden. The green feeder seems very popular with the birds right now, as I had to refill it again! And I still have 7 Monarch caterpillars on the milkweed, hooray! (I'm afraid a bird will get them!).
- I deadheaded the marigolds and put the dead heads back in the same planters, in hope that they'll reseed themselves.
- I was going to order another rain barrel from Home Depot, the same as the one I have in the backyard as it is on sale for $90 with free shipping right now and I have a $50 Home Depot gift card... well, I had a gift card because I can't find it! I hope I gave it to Greg... so I texted him to ask to check his wallet and let me know if he has it! I do have another one that only has $2.25 on it. I can't go through Swagbucks because I won't be able to earn any SB since I'm paying with a gift card.
- CouponPro posted about a $5 Amazon credit for Amazon Prime members only when you buy a $25+ Amazon gift card today ONLY. So I went ahead and bought one. I like giving those to the kids in their Christmas stockings.
- My mom had replied to my email overnight so I composed a long answer to her giving her news of the kids, etc. I probably already told her all of this, I can't remember! I suppose I could have checked my "sent" folder to see what I told her the last time I emailed her, LOL. Oh well. She'll be happy to get a long email. She told me that it was super hot at the convention that she attended and only one room had AC so they had disabled people and "really old" people go there but since she's 70, she considered herself "too young" so she suffered in the room that had no AC. She's no longer a Catholic but can't rid herself of that good old Catholic guilt, I guess! I wouldn't even have batted an eye at her not going with the old people if she hadn't made a joke of it because, in my mind, my mom is still 29 :)
- For my lunchtime wrap, I carved some chicken breast that I had cooked a couple of nights ago so I offered to make a chicken sandwich for Youngest Son's lunch, which he accepted. I've been hungrier in the afternoons so I'm going to keep my strawberry shake for my mid-afternoon snack, I think.
- I ate my lunch while watching an episode of The Antiques RoadShow on PBS.
- Starbucks sent me an email advertising an offer for free Teavana this Friday only from 1-2 p.m. See below for restrictions.
- I was going to bake banana bread... and then I realized that I should have kept the egg yolks from my morning omelet for it! Arrgh. So I'll bake the bread the next time I make an egg white omelet.
- Carrabba's sent a promotional email advertising their new daily Happy Hour program with cheap drinks and half-off appetizers in the bar area every day at 4 p.m. so I sent it to Greg. Maybe we'll have a date there one of these Saturdays... in the meantime, I also signed up for their Dining Rewards program since we like Carrabba's and I think we'll start going there a little more often for our dates.
- I scheduled our Discover card payments online and I stopped being dumb... as much as I loved being able to say "hey! I spent less (or got something for free!) at Amazon by using my Discover Rewards", I was really leaving 5% in Rewards on the table on that amount since we earn 5% back in Amazon Rewards for paying with our Amazon Visa card. So this month I applied our Discover Rewards to our balances (and paid them off in full, of course) for this tiny bit of extra Amazon Rewards... which I will apply to our Amazon Visa payment as well. It wasn't much ($7.99 and $6.95 respectively) but it's more frugal, actually, to do it this way!
- I have some paper Series EE bonds that were issued in my former married name that I'd really like to cash out. But my bank doesn't have any local branches so I can cash them through them, and I'd rather not open yet another bank account locally only for the purposes of getting a bank officer to certify my signature on each bond! So I sent an email to the Treasury Department asking them if I could get a notary public to verify my identity and signature so I can mail them the bonds directly, similar to what I would do if I were overseas. The government, IMO, makes it very hard for us to recoup the money that we lent them years ago! I have a feeling they're going to tell me I have to open a local bank account, which is INANE. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my email will be read by someone reasonable and who also banks online! Update: they replied with some forms I'd need to get filled out and mail with the bonds, but I still need to go to a bank because a bank officer has to verify my identity and also bring someone who's known me in my old name and new name. My BFF would qualify if she's available during bank hours and I can find a bank that will indeed play ball without making me open an account. So it's almost like it's even MORE complicated that way. I should have never gotten the damn things. It's $3,500 worth so I don't want to give it up but it's really giving me a headache. USAA has office locations but only in 4 locations in the USA, none of them are near me. Argh. Road trip? I've always wanted to visit Colorado. This is all so ridiculous, the bonds have my SSN on them, it shouldn't be so hard!
- Ibotta emailed me to verify that I had earned $0.81 in my Ibotta account for my purchase of the cat scratchers on Amazon that I placed via their app (they were offering 5% back on pet supplies). Woo!
- Greg texted me that I didn't give him the Home Depot gift card but he remembers me talking about it so I didn't dream that I had one... I looked everywhere and can't find it. It last was in my wallet. I know I just cleaned it but I wouldn't have thrown a $50 gift card away... so I'll look through his wallet myself when he gets home tonight in case he overlooked it. I'm pretty sure I gave it to him since he's usually the one driving to Clermont to buy materials for house maintenance projects. It's driving me nuts that I can't find that card!
- I signed up for new offers on our American Express accounts: Petco ($15 off $50 on their website), Boston Market ($5 off $25), Five Guys ($5 off $20) and California Pizza Kitchen ($10 off $40). We probably won't use them, but you never know.
- My BFF emailed me that she has a local bank account and would be willing to meet me at her bank to try to get them to certify my identity. Woohoo! I hope we can do this at some point, possibly next week. I emailed them first to make sure.
- For dinner, I made a recipe from one of my diabetic cookbooks, "Pork Chow Mein". I accompanied it with thin spaghetti but it would have been good with rice too.
- I didn't exercise today but I did the dishes right after dinner! Yay!
- And then Greg and I watched a couple of episodes of "Peep Show" on Amazon Prime Video.
- I checked Greg's wallet and we also checked another place where Greg thought he might have put the Home Depot gift card, but we couldn't find it anywhere :( Ahh, it's driving me nuts!
- Free Museum Day is September 23!
- Greg got 4 free Sodapalooza refills today from RaceTrac
- My daughter got 2 free Sodapalooza refills for Youngest Son and myself from RaceTrac
- Free Teavana at Starbucks this Friday only
- Redeemed $14.61 in Discover Rewards (free money!) towards our monthly balances
- I received the $100 CVS gift card that I had ordered from Amex Rewards
How was your Tuesday?