|Comfy?|Plan my food intake for the dayDONE
Record today's food intake into MFPDONE Do the dishesDID THEM LAST NIGHT
- Make banana chocolate chip muffins
- Explore Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services webpage and get started on process
- Create Greg's online Social Security Account (with him) and update my documents
- Continue checking Target's Redcard account to see if they credited my refund. Then schedule payment (due 8/2)
- Post trip pictures on French blog
- Finish backing up all pictures to my external drive (later on this week when Greg is away and the kids are still in bed so I can hog all the bandwidth!)
- Figure out where I was in the process of backing up my external drive!
- Make hummingbird nectar
- Transplant all seedlings from berm and patio to the empty garden beds
Cut up Greg's old sheet for ragsWe decided to just throw it away, as we didn't need any more rags. Put new coupons awayDONE Back up my blogDONE Mop kitchenFAKE MOPPED IT LAST NIGHT Clean upstairs litterboxDONE Brush the/some catsDONE
- Mend some items from the mending basket
- Take Youngest Son driving
- Vacuum fridge's coils
- Explore Will and Power of Attorney forms on LegalZoom and discuss with Greg
- Find a good picture of our cats and order bag from Shutterfly for Daughter with freebie code
Clean out the battery drawerDONE
- Inventory what batteries we need
Research 2017 Hurricane Season Sales Tax DayDONE, I MISSED IT
- Finish the 2014 Powerpoint document for Daughter
- Add clip art to all 2012, 2013 and 2014 pages that I created and print them
- Declutter this past year's school files and prep new files for this coming year
- Check if there is any money in Daughter's school lunch account and if so, request that it'd be transferred to Youngest Son's
- Tape the Strength Training videos and put on dedicated SD card
- Put bleach in furnace drain line for maintenance
- Write letter to Target CEO
- Make dinner menu for next week
Write grocery shopping post for last weekDONE Check out Walgreens and CVS ads for next weekDONE
- Work on Shopping List IN PROGRESS
- Water plants (front and back, near shed) I WAS HOPING IT WOULD RAIN!
Go through the manuals drawer and purge itDONE LAST NIGHT
- Declutter the old coffee table IN PROGRESS
- After I published my post last night, I went to do the dishes while re-watching an old episode of The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.
- When I was done, at about 10 p.m. I had a text from Greg that his flight from Vancouver had been delayed and that he might miss his connecting flight to Orlando! Nooooo.... I checked Alaska Airlines' app and if they left at the newly announced time, he'd have about an hour to make his next flight, which was good. His flight did leave at the new announced time, arrived in Seattle in plenty of time for him to catch his next flight, and he had a whole row to himself for the 5+ hour flight to Orlando :)
- So after washing the dishes and texting with Greg, I was replying to a comment from Susan who was saying something like "it's better that a small thing breaks down rather than a big thing" when the TV remote started giving me trouble again! I changed the batteries again (just in case, didn't work), and then unplugged the TV from the outlet for at least 60 seconds as had been suggested by the manual. But then, the TV wouldn't turn back on at all!! I tried with the remote, with the button on the TV itself, tried plugging it in another outlet. Nothing. It's dead, Steve.
- I moved the very small (perhaps 19"?) TV that was connected to the Xbox 360 (good thing that broke down too, eh?) and connected it to the outside antenna, the Roku, the Blu-Ray player and the soundbar. It took some fiddling for the soundbar to work (thankfully I had kept the appropriate cable to connect the two, as I had had to buy a separate cable for it to work with the larger TV) and to teach the TV remote to operate the sound bar too so I can ditch the sound bar remote. The TV is so tiny that I couldn't do that from the couch because I couldn't read any of the text on the screen (the menu for that TV is even tinier, it takes only a small portion of the whole screen, thanks, Insignia!), but it's better than nothing. Also, I can't read the channel number on the screen when I dial it with the remote. And it doesn't seem to get NBC anymore :( I'll need to move the antenna in a new direction and rerun the channel search, tomorrow. We had bought our former TV at Target and, of course, I just declared that we're not shopping at Target anymore. Famous last words... Target, or Walmart?! Arrgh. I don't want to risk getting a large screen TV on Amazon, I don't think. Unless we use Target as a showroom and then order the TV from Amazon... Either way, I sure wasn't planning on spending $$$ on a new TV! Anyhoo, I guess it was good that the Amazon order for the new remote WAS cancelled after all.
- BUT! This morning I had an email from Amazon touting Prime Day (coming up on Tuesday) and vaunting their great deals on TVs! Greg was also planning on buying himself a new 4K monitor this Fall so now we're waiting until Prime Day and possibly buying the TV and the monitor then, we'll see.
- So I went to bed at 1 a.m. but I couldn't sleep for a while. Then Greg landed at about 5:30 a.m., and texted me (at my request), and then called me from the truck about 45 minutes later (at my request). He was tired and had bought himself some coffee but somehow it exploded in the truck and all over him! And he had nothing to clean it up! Well, at least it woke him up :)
- I realized at that point that I had left the light on the front porch for him all night, but since he got home at about 7:30 a.m., it was really bright by then and he didn't need the light! Good thing I had installed an LED light on the porch, last year. So the expense will be minimal.
- I had fallen back asleep by then and didn't hear him come in at all. I ended up sleeping until 11 a.m. myself! My daughter texted me to say she was leaving to go to her dad's for the weekend so I finally got up, took a shower and fed the kittens. Even Greg had gotten up before me.
- So once again my plan to resume my routine were derailed. I brewed coffee for the two of us and ended up making us both lunch at about 12:30 p.m. I made a turkey wrap for Greg, that he had with pretzels, and I made my usual lunch for myself, minus the strawberry shake that I'll have later on today. I used the leftover salad from Olive Garden as my side.
- After lunch, we drove to RaceTrac to get our free Sodapalooza refills (I got one for Youngest Son too) and I also redeemed my app coupon for a free medium fountain drink for myself since it expired in 2 days, and a Sodapalooza coupon for a free Jack Links 1 oz beef jerky stick for Greg when he goes fishing.
- The sky got really really dark and thunder started booming at about 2 p.m. I rushed outside to harvest my red serrano peppers. The plant is starting to get covered in stink bugs, I'm hoping it'll rain a lot and wash them away. It started drizzling so I ran back inside but it soon stopped. I really wish that it rains! My hibiscus is all parched.
- Driving to RaceTrac, I noticed that one of our neighbors used pineapple plants to border a circular planter in their front yard, as I spotted one pineapple growing on one of the plants. That's a good idea, maybe I should try that too.
- I earned the Microsoft Rewards for the day and a few Swagbucks. I tried several surveys and qualified for one so I'm within 10 SB of my first goal but I'm not sure I'll work to reach it.
- Domino's sent me an email to confirm that I earned a free medium size 2-topping pizza with my Domino's Rewards. Woohoo!
- I brushed all the cats. It's amazing how they enjoy this brush vs. how they absolutely hated the other brush that we used for years. I mean, Male Cat presented me his belly for me to brush it, and Mean Kitty purred. It doesn't remove as much hair as the other one, but the experience is so much nicer both for the cats and the brusher, that I don't care. Any hair that it removes it less hair in hairballs or in clumps on my floor :)
- I took a minute to back up my blog. That way if Blogger is ever compromised in any way, I'll still have a record of it. I ought to do it every week or every month, but I've been lax. Last time I did it was in April. I went ahead and changed my Google Calendar reminder to make it a weekly occurrence. It really takes less than one minute so I have no excuse to NOT do it.
- I finally went through the battery drawer, put all the expired batteries in a box to take to the landfill/recycling center next time we go there, and organized the remaining batteries. I completely missed the Hurricane Season Tax Free weekend (early June!) so I need to start clipping coupons and scouring sales ad for sales on batteries. But first I need to see what batteries we would need, from flashlights to portable fans. I can't think of what else uses batteries these days that we actually use on a daily basis (we have AA and AAA batteries for remotes).
- I checked the ad previews for CVS and Walgreens for next week and worked on my shopping list.
- I redeemed KFR points for (3) $1/1 Kellogg's cereal coupons from Kellogg's Family Rewards to take advantage of good deals/ECB offers on Kellogg's cereals at CVS this coming week. Daughter says she no longer eats Special K for breakfast, but Youngest Son still digs cereal :)
- It didn't rain!!! Arrgh.
- Hey, Greg and I each got an offer for $10 off $30 at Kohl's from our Discover cards, so I input the codes in my Kohl's wallet and now have $20 in free cash to spend at Kohl's! I'll wait until 7/14 when there'll be a 30% code available (BBQ30) and a free shipping code as well for Kohl's cardholders (FREE4JULY). I think I might order myself another Under Armour exercise top as I really like the one I got last month.
- I tracked the UPS return for the bed platform base being sent back to Target and they should receive it on Tuesday. I signed up to get an email alert when it is delivered to them so I can start checking my credit card again for the refund. Meanwhile, the platform base from Amazon should show up on Monday.
- I was able to fix my mini-blinds, hooray! Explorer had pulled on them, which causes the tiny strings holding up the strand of mini blinds to the top bar to get torn apart. I was able to thread the resulting 4 tiny strings through the top bar, with the help of a pair of tweezers, and tie them in double knots. I won't be able to raise and lower them anymore, but I really never do this anyway, I leave them down all the time. I snapped them back into their brackets and no longer need the flat sheet that I had just installed... until Explorer breaks them again, that is! But go me!
- I had forgotten that I had promised Susan that I would write a detailed post about my groceries this past week so I worked on that for a while :)
- Greg was super tired in the afternoon so he took a long nap. I didn't start cooking until he woke up because I wasn't even sure he would get up :) And then my planned dinner would have taken too long to cook, so I ended up cooking Coriander Crusted Salmon, and serving the leftover gorgonzola linguine from my dinner last night as a side (just about 1/3 cup for me and I split the rest between the men, it was a lot!). The men also each had a breadstick from Olive Garden and I steamed some broccoli and yellow squash for myself. It was yummy!
- While I was cooking, the men drove to RaceTrac to get Sodapalooza refills for themselves. I still has my free medium caffeine free Diet Coke to drink so I didn't bother giving them my cup.
- We talked about their upcoming camping trip while having dinner, and then Greg and I watched the latest episode of The Great British Baking Show.
- I reused the plastic bag from Olive Garden last night to clean the upstairs litterbox.
- And then Greg and I watched a couple of episodes of "Peep Show" on Amazon Prime Video.
- 7 Sodapalooza refills with our cups (from RaceTrac)
- A medium fountain drink with a RaceTrac app coupon
- A 1-oz Jack Links beef jerky stick with a Sodapalooza coupon (from RaceTrac)
- A code for a free medium 2-topping pizza from Domino's Rewards program
- $20 in Kohl's cash thanks to Discover Deals :)