Sunday, August 13, 2017

Ouch ~ Sunday 8/13/17



My feet.hurt.so.badly.

They hurt last week too after our last hike, and for 2 whole days. But last night and this morning, it was a whole new level of pain. Ouch, ouch, ouch!  I need to remember to soak them in Epsom salts after each hike and obviously need to resume my 3x a day stretching exercises for a while!

I woke up with 2 kittens in bed with me, who, after pawing at me for a while when I was nicely asleep, finally settled down and were super comfy when my alarm finally rang at 8:30 a.m. and barely even lifted their heads!

I'm leaving for Gainesville just about now.  I earned some SB but probably won't reach my first goal of 75 SB since I'll be gone. I've also earned all the Microsoft Rewards for today.

Several hours later...  we're back from Gainesville and I'm tired... and my feet still hurt!

The drive up there was uneventful, although there was more traffic on I-75 than I figured there would be.  We unloaded the bins and furniture that we brought for my daughter and helped her put a shelf back together again and generally organize her room and bathroom a little.  Her roommate was nowhere to be seen so we didn't get to meet her.  I loved, though, that she and my daughter found some brochures in a drawer somewhere last night and there were coupons in them so they sat down together and clipped the coupons that they wanted to use and put them on the table for either of them to grab.  My daughter grabbed a Burger King coupon this morning since she had neglected to bring breakfast foods along, apparently.  I reminded her that she could have used my free bagel reward at Panera but she had forgotten about that.

After we unpacked her stuff, we headed to Walmart, as she had a list of other items to purchase that she still needed.  Even though there is a fridge in the apartment, she wanted a mini fridge to keep in her room, so we looked for one there but the cheapest was about $120 and we didn't like it.  We spent $58.15 at Walmart but I used Swagbucks gift cards for everything so it was all FREE.

Youngest Son and I were hungry. He wanted pasta and there was an Olive Garden right there so off we went to lunch. I had completely forgotten that it was Sunday, ooops. But that meant that we couldn't use the $2.00 coupon that I had. Oh well. We didn't have to wait for a table but the service seemed super slow. I had soup and salad and indulged in eating bread sticks.  I drank water. My daughter ordered an entree but she wasn't very hungry so she filled up on soup and breadsticks!  We asked for a box for her entree and she will be able to make 2 meals out of it, it was so large.

Youngest Son had declined the soup or salad that came with his entree, but I asked for a to-go bowl of Zuppa Toscana instead.  I didn't finish the large bowl of salad that they brought me so I brought the rest home as well. I had asked for the dressing to be served on the side, so it won't be soggy. We also brought home a couple of bread sticks.  The OOP was $48.15 after 20% tip and I charged it to Discover for 5% back in Rewards.



After lunch, we went to Target because I had seen that a fridge the size we wanted was on sale for $84.99 (down from $140) and apparently it was in stock at the Gainesville Target.  We snagged the last one!  We also got a couple of other things that my daughter wanted from their groceries area and my OOP was $91.92 after the 5% REDCard discount.  Yes, I said I wouldn't shop at Target. Shrug.


Then we went to Lowe's because my daughter thought she needed something from there but we couldn't find it. I'll have to order it online for her.

Our last stop was Aldi. By then I was so tired and my feet hurt and the dark clouds were gathering and traffic had gotten much heavier than it had been in the morning so I decided to skip going to Trader Joe's. No macaroons for me :(

I couldn't believe that the gallon of milk was only $1.99 at Aldi!  It's $3.09 or more at our Aldi!  Their butter was also $2.45 whereas ours has it for $2.99.  I didn't need milk and I don't have room in the freezer for it. but I did get 1 lb of butter for us, as well as a canister of Parmesan. I wasn't cheaper than here so I don't even know why I grabbed it, LOL.  Youngest Son and I each got a bag of trail mix and a drink for the drive home.  My OOP was $49.15 and I charged it to Amex for 3% back in Rewards.  I think I'll just allocate everything to School Supplies in my budget.



We dropped off my daughter and her latest supplies at her apartment, loaded the empty bins back into the SUV, and then bid her adieu.  It was weird leaving her there!

I completely forgot to take any pictures of her apartment but here is a copy of the floorplan:

Each roommate has her own bedroom, walk-in closet, and full bathroom. The apartment comes with all the appliances and furniture in the dinette and the living room (including the TV).  The way the apartment is set-up the rooms all have privacy. My daughter picked the one to the far right, near the kitchen. She has tons of storage space in the bathroom too so she plans on keeping some of her food storage in there.

It poured on the way home for a while and traffic was pretty heavy. Once we got on the Turnpike, it was much better and it didn't rain, so I stopped at the Okahumpka Service Center and switched with Youngest Son, so he could get some driving practice at higher speeds on the turnpike. Yes, I was nervous.  It was only for about 8 miles and then we got off the turnpike and drove home on regular roads. He did very well! But I was happy to be home, LOL.

Greg moved the lawn while we were gone. He said it poured too. Hooray, more free water for the garden.

He also put mouse traps in the laundry room. Yay!

I entered yesterday's hike and my weight into Walgreens' Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices and earned 100 BR points.

For dinner, I cooked burgers for Greg.  He'll have some leftovers for tomorrow.  I cooked popcorn chicken and the rest of a bag of tater tots for Youngest Son, and I had my salad and soup with breadsticks from Olive Garden. I also made myself a large fruit salad.

I saved the pineapple top and put it in a recycled glass jar outside to root, with the others.



We watched more episodes of "Silicon Valley" while we ate dinner and in a bit we'll watch the latest episode of "Game of Thrones".

I had given our login information to my daughter so she could watch the episode once we were done, but as I was looking over her apartment complex's website, I noticed that her apartment comes with cable that includes HBO!  I texted her that I was going to cancel my HBONow subscription and that we'd just drive to Gainesville every Sunday night to watch the episode on the TV in her apartment, LOL.

Later on, she texted me that Middle Son was going to take her out to dinner since he was in the area for a photography job tonight, so she'll watch the GoT episode after we've gone to bed.  I was planning on texting her during the show since she and I usually chat about what we think is going on during the show, so I'm a little bummed, lol.  I'll just have to talk to myself since Greg doesn't talk at all.

2 comments:

  1. You had a busy day! You got a lot done! I'm sorry your feet hurt, though. Hope you were able to soak them after you got home and that they feel better, soon.

    I love the layout of your daughter's apartment! It looks as big as my house was, when I first bought it (before I added the family room and 2nd bathroom). That's great that each girl has her own bathroom. Wise of your daughter to select the bedroom that is furthest away from the front door - that way, she wont be disturbed by the comings and goings of her roommates.

    Too bad you couldn't go to Trader Joe's; on your next visit, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know that even after looking up what I could do for my feet, hours later, it didn't occur to me that I could still soak them? So I never did it. Next weekend for sure, though, if we end up walking again.

      When my daughter picked the room near the kitchen and the laundry closet, I was concerned that she had picked the noisiest room, but you're right, as she was, that it ends up being the quietest, I think. The front door kind of sticks so it makes quite a bit of noise when you open it and then the bedroom that's more in the middle of the apartment shares a wall with the staircase leading to the 2nd floor. My daughter said she can barely hear the dryer (which is loud) when all the doors are closed. Plus I think she wears headphones most of the time as she likes to listen to music or watch shows on her laptop.

      I was disappointed that I didn't get the macaroons at TJ but being among throngs of people isn't my favorite thing to do and after visiting Walmart AND Target that day, I wasn't in the mood to be around people anymore, lol. But next time I'm there, it'll be my priority!

      Delete

Anything you'd like to add? Share away!